Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: f-stop packs

Assuming you are talking Tilopa... Satori has bigger ICU XLarge ICU – (7.5” Deep x 11” Wide x 19” Tall) vs Large ICU – (7.5” Deep x 11” Wide x 15” Tall).

Quote Originally Posted by eug View Post
    Assuming you are talking Tilopa... Satori has bigger ICU XLarge ICU – (7.5” Deep x 11” Wide x 19” Tall) vs Large ICU – (7.5” Deep x 11” Wide x 15” Tall).
    thanks man!

I did mean Tilapia though. It's too close not to.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Shipment date pushed to Dec 25 for pre-ordered packs.

Quote Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
    Can anyone comment or reasonably speculate how the f-stop bags or the Dakine Sequence would handle the Canon 300mm f/2.8?
    I hauled a 300 2.8 in my Satori for the Red Bull Cold Rush and Rampage events. Each event entailed long days out in middle of nowhere and the bag handled it like a champ. It sits in the main compartment on top of the ICU perfectly. The Dakine will not hold that lens.

I just received my replacement Satori yesterday and V2.0 is truly epic with the XL ICU. A great pack just got a whole lot better. So stoked to not have to use the Sequence anymore. I really hate it.

saaka! Guest
    glad you finally got it chad. enjoy.

Slim chance but if any one from Japan (north alps area) ever reads this my bags are up for demo in Hakuba.

So if I were to order one now, any idea when I would receive it? Looks like the pre-orders got pushed back, so I'm concerned about how long it will take being at the end of the line.

saaka! Guest
    Hi Seanyob, when the bags arrive all orders will be filled. We will have enough stock to last a while. It should go out the same day as all of the others, at the most an extra day.

Thanks saaka!!

Do you know when the orders will start shipping. Looking to get one of the packs before the end of the year. I will upgrade the shipping to overnight if they are to be in stock soon. Thanks

Some good info in here. Thanks for that.

I am traveling to Chile in late January to raft the Futaleufu for a week. This is a trip I told myself I would do before I'm 30. (28 now and was 20 when I made the promise) I currently have a shitty canon bag that I really need to ditch and get something new. I need a bag that can carry my Canon 7D, 17-55, 70-200, 10-22, tripod head, and a few filters. I also have a small gitzo tripod that I will be bringing with me. I will need to be able to carry not only the camera gear but other day supplies in the pack as well (Jacket, change of clothes, etc). My question is will the Tilopa be large enough for this? It seems to be. If not, will the Satori fit as a carry on for flying? No chance I am checking my camera gear.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by NashBoarder View Post
    If not, will the Satori fit as a carry on for flying? No chance I am checking my camera gear.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.fstopgear.com/en/team/dev...rhead-bin-fits

Thanks Chad.

After reading a little more, I think I'm going to go with the Tilopa. Should be big enough.

saaka! Guest
    Hi Nash, I would also recommend the Tilopa for your needs. Sounds like a fun trip.

Kyle... they are expected to arrive at the warehouse around Christmas time. I don't have any more info than that right now. Hopefully the holidays do not effect things to badly...

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    I hauled a 300 2.8 in my Satori for the Red Bull Cold Rush and Rampage events. Each event entailed long days out in middle of nowhere and the bag handled it like a champ. It sits in the main compartment on top of the ICU perfectly. The Dakine will not hold that lens.

I just received my replacement Satori yesterday and V2.0 is truly epic with the XL ICU. A great pack just got a whole lot better. So stoked to not have to use the Sequence anymore. I really hate it.

Would you sell me your sequence? I need something fairly quickly for an upcoming trip. I'm not putting my 5d2 in a regular pack, that's for sure.

Got an email over the holidays that order was processed. If you are thinking about ordering, looks like the shipment is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregger View Post
    Would you sell me your sequence? I need something fairly quickly for an upcoming trip. I'm not putting my 5d2 in a regular pack, that's for sure.

Sure, but why buy mine? I'm not gonna give it away for pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    Sure, but why buy mine? I'm not gonna give it away for pennies.
    Cause I don't need a brand new one. I'm not assuming pennies. I sent you a PM about it.

saaka! Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eug View Post
    Got an email over the holidays that order was processed. If you are thinking about ordering, looks like the shipment is in.
    Yes we are stocked and orders are moving out quickly. In December we changed shipping companies and it looks like we may have resolved our previous shipping woes.

Anyone interested in green should get on it quick, they are selling fast, I just got one today (it is the first time I've seen this color in person) and must say it is sweet.

Folks looking for a smaller pack should also keep there eyes open for a more shred friendly size coming around May. I did some testing yesterday to make sure it could handle good snow

[ame="http://vimeo.com/8573841"]The Powder Miracle on Vimeo[/ame]

So I'm stuck between the Satori and the Tilopa.

I'm basically looking for a catch-all travel bag that can double as a ski/sport shooting bag. I shoot a lot of weddings in the summer, which sometimes involve plane travel, so it would be nice to have a camera bag that can also fit a bit of clothing, a laptop, and still fit in the overhead compartments.

I also shoot sports, including skiing, and occasionally rent a 300 f/2.8 for assignments, so it would be good to have a bag that can handle the bigger glass when needed. But at the same time, not be overkill for just regular days on the hill.

I have a pretty typical kit; 2 bodies, 6 lenses, flashes, pocketwizards, laptop, etc. I was leaning toward the Tilopa, but am looking for some opinions.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
    So I'm stuck between the Satori and the Tilopa.

I'm basically looking for a catch-all travel bag that can double as a ski/sport shooting bag. I shoot a lot of weddings in the summer, which sometimes involve plane travel, so it would be nice to have a camera bag that can also fit a bit of clothing, a laptop, and still fit in the overhead compartments.

I also shoot sports, including skiing, and occasionally rent a 300 f/2.8 for assignments, so it would be good to have a bag that can handle the bigger glass when needed. But at the same time, not be overkill for just regular days on the hill.

I have a pretty typical kit; 2 bodies, 6 lenses, flashes, pocketwizards, laptop, etc. I was leaning toward the Tilopa, but am looking for some opinions.

Thanks.
    Satori. You're gonna need the bigger bag to carry everything you list. For resort days it's a bit much but handles a reduced load well. After a solid week sled / skiing with my new satori in BC I can say with 100% confidence that the bag is major step up from the original and head and shoulders above anything else you can buy. For your travel needs and to carry that 300 the Satori is the bag you want.

That said, as much as I love my f-stop bag I'm actually looking to experiment with a LowePro Slingshot for resort shooting this week. I feel like I need something uber fast on the draw. Saw Grizz rocking one and really liked the way it sorted for resort riding. You can pick em up pretty cheap too so it's not like a major investment. Bags are like lenses. You use the right one for the job at hand.

Preorder shipment showed up yesterday, thanks fstop. Looks like the pack is well built. Did not get a chance to stuff it with gear, yet.

Dipstick, I will be in Denver in a couple of weeks if you would like to check the Tilopa out in person. I would agree that 2 bodies and 6 lenses will probably push you into Satori territory.

If anyone in Boston/VT area wants to check out the pack, let me know.

Truth, I have one of these for resort stuff and it seems to work pretty well.
    http://www.tamrac.com/f_velocityx.htm

Not that I don't trust you guys but I have a hard time buying something like a pack without seeing it in person first. I ended up getting a burton f-stop from this year. Had it out one day sled skiing/shooting. Seems like it's going to work pretty well. Light years better/more comfortable/bigger than my old sequence.

I just wish the f-stop stuff was in greater circulation......
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Got the pack, I went with Tilopa since I do not carry nearly as much stuff. Looks like the pack is well built and should carry no problem. Have not tried packing in it yet, but here is one quick observation.

There is not much room in the pack outside of ICU. I could barely get laptop to slide into laptop sleeve with ICU in the pack. This will be a little bit of a problem for me when traveling with the pack. Laptop needs to slide in and out easily to go through airports.

What size ICU is in your Tilopia? The XL is BIG.

I have to look again, but I could not see a label on the ICU itself. It is supposed to be L.
    Last edited by eug; 01-13-2010 at 02:01 PM.