San Francisco Restaurant Recommend Me?

Hanging out at Vesuvio's and it occurs to me I always eat at the same places and drink at the same places when here.

Can you recommend me some places to eat and drink the next couple of nights? Not that I mind drinkin PBR at LaRoccas Corner again.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Poke around in here. There've been 2-3 threads in the last year. Joey Bag O'Donuts started the most recent one.

Good choice on Vesuvio. You have a sense of history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

some favorites include:

Food:
    Pesce and Antica (Polk St)
    La Mar (Embarcadero)
    Orsan (4th)
    Bix (Gold St?)
    Kokarri (Jackson)

Drinks:
    Nihon

Aziza for dinner is tough to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUTSKI View Post
    Poke around in here. There've been 2-3 threads in the last year. Joey Bag O'Donuts started the most recent one.

Good choice on Vesuvio. You have a sense of history.
    Oh yeah, I've been going to Vesuvio's for a long time. This has resulted in my:

Going to a card game in a basement in Chinatown.

Putting someone in the Camel Clutch on the sidewalk in front of City Lights.

Going to a house party with the bartender until sunrise, walking to my hotel at 7am, then presenting to 400 people at 8am.

And various other madness. Sorry for the redundant thread, searching on my mobile is a PITA.

Thanks for the reccomendations. Ended up at Nob Hill Cafe tonight, will try something new tomorrow and Sat.

Now heading to Centerfolds.
    -- Jack Tackle

SF peeps- can we throw in some LATE NIGHT DINING OPTIONS to this thread while we're on the topic?

this girl who gets off work STARVING at 11pm would like to hear your suggestions.

many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    SF peeps- can we throw in some LATE NIGHT DINING OPTIONS to this thread while we're on the topic?

this girl who gets off work STARVING at 11pm would like to hear your suggestions.

many thanks.

late night food i think is tough one...

Globe and Grubstake are the only two that come to mind right now.

Flour + Water is open til about 12:30am. It's about the only time to get in there without reservations anyway. Harrison & 19thish.

BeanDip,

Grubsteak. Pine b/t Polk and Van Ness.

JS,

Good call on Nob Hill Cafe. Right around the corn from my old place. Used to do brunch there often when the parents came to visit. 10-4 on the mobile.

The Ferry Building has good eats. This place in the Tenderloin is good too: http://www.farmerbrownsf.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

nopa is the bomb for late night or any other time. Service till 1am every night

Wow, nice call on NOPA. Baked egg app and salad were outstanding. Waiting for my pork chop! Then I will start workin my way through the extensive whiskey collection.

Thanks!
    -- Jack Tackle

Memphis Minnie's. http://www.memphisminnies.com/

Great BBQ spot with a great assortment of Sake.

Panta Rei at Columbus and Stockton is one of my standards par italiano.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Tadich Grill on California St

Bar Tartine. Flour + Water. Piqueo's