Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!

Marker Speedpoint Demo Binding Recall Info

I'm not sure if this has been posted already. If so, sorry. I already did a search. I also apologize to those who feel this belongs in tech talk. I feel that more people will see this by posting in this forum. I know that many people here bash Marker Bindings. Here is some fuel for their fire.
    Marker has announced a recall on their Speedpoint demo bindings.
    Here is a link:
    Important Speedpoint Binding Info
    At least they are offering free replacements.
    Here are the models:
    | M9.2 Titanium | M8.2 Graphite |
    | M7.2 | M5.2 | Titanium 1200 |
    | Competition 1400 |
    My Volkl G4s and Big Stix 106s both have Titanium 1200 Speedpoint demos on them. No problems so far. However, I'm not going to take any chances. I'll post on how the exchange goes for me.
    I hope that by posting here others can avoid injury potential.

hell ya

Thanks for the heads up. I bought a pair of demos last spring, but the bummer part was they came with the marker speedpoint, and the shop either said I bought everything as is, or take them off myself. So I've been trying to figure out what to do with them, and sure enough, wait long enough and a solution will present itself.

The first mistake would be actually using marker bindings.

I think it was posted last year but definately worth throwing up again
    • Excessive, obsessive gear questioning 10 yards, loss of down
    • Not using techtak 5 yards
    • Excessive spraying 10 yards loss of down

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Well I called Marker the other day to find out about my bindings. The first thing they asked was for me to look at the track below the toe piece where is says "Dual Direction Technology." I found it and they asked if there was a black dot after the lettering. Both of my pairs of Titanium 1200's had the black dot after the lettering. They told me that if the black dot was there that these bindings were not the ones that would experience problems. Is this correct?
    Has anyone else out there called Marker and heard this?
    Has anyone out there brought their bindings into a shop and heard the same thing?
    Any binding experiences from the minority of maggots with Markers would be greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=supercow]The first mistake would be actually using marker bindings.

True dat. Too many near-death experiences for me.
    The Griz

Quote Originally Posted by Vets
    Well I called Marker the other day to find out about my bindings. The first thing they asked was for me to look at the track below the toe piece where is says "Dual Direction Technology." I found it and they asked if there was a black dot after the lettering. Both of my pairs of Titanium 1200's had the black dot after the lettering. They told me that if the black dot was there that these bindings were not the ones that would experience problems. Is this correct?
    Has anyone else out there called Marker and heard this?
    Has anyone out there brought their bindings into a shop and heard the same thing?
    Any binding experiences from the minority of maggots with Markers would be greatly appreciated.

Same experience as yours. The black dot was added to bindings with the issue corrected. I think the problem is with 2001 and prior speedpoints.

They told me that if the black dot was there that these bindings were not the ones that would experience problems. Is this correct?

NO.

They should have told you that if the binding says "MARKER" on it then you will be experiencing problems for the life of the binding.

Sell those or throw them away and get some looks or sollys- There used to be a thread called "Rant here if you think marker sucks ass" or something like that on the powdermag.com site. with over 100+ posts of marker prerelease and binding fail stories. The only binding they make worth a damn is their race stock, and their pros modify those too. (Ive heard a few of their sponsored skiers refer to falls as "markering out" ) Dont hurt yourself, get a quality binder.

They told me the same thing too. I called expecting to get new bindings on two pairs of skis, but they said that if they had the black dot then, they wouldn't replace them because they have the black dots and arent affected. What I really want to know is if anyones have the black dot? i think this may be a scam to not have to replace the binding, as they didn't realize so many people had them. I hate marker and the only reson i had thses bindings is because they came on the skis for really cheap and seemed to work at first. Sad to say, but they're sold now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tresckow
    Thanks for the heads up. I bought a pair of demos last spring, but the bummer part was they came with the marker speedpoint, and the shop either said I bought everything as is, or take them off myself. So I've been trying to figure out what to do with them, and sure enough, wait long enough and a solution will present itself.
    Take them to a different shop if the black dot is indeed missing from your pair. It's a manufacturer's recall, not a shop return.
    "I smell varmint puntang."