In Anchortown looking to get my career on track

Your Personal Calendar-Do You Think in Terms of Seasonal or Actual Years

After replying to a thread and stating the "most snow i have seen all year", the question hit me, I must be a skier because my calendar year is based on when the first snow flake hits the ground until it all melts away.

Is anyone else the same? Yes, I know i might have too much freetime on my hands, this UI gig and no snow yet gives you a lot of time to think...
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Yes.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Two seasons: Drinking and Skiing
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Wait, are you implying your supposed to stop drinking when Ski season hits?

Guess i've been doing it wrong.

Ever since I became a skier, my inner calendar has totally become season-based. Before then though, it was always school-year based, so there wasn't much of a transition in that regard.

Now that I think about it though, I've never really thought about time in calendar years. My inner calendar has been more about "when I was living here" or "when I rehabbed my knee" or "when I was hanging out with so and so". In order to place a year to anything like that, I have to actually stop and think through things and count backwards from the current year.

It alway been ski season and whatever I end up doing in the off season season.

I didn't know there was any other calender, always gone by the ski season one.

gunit130 Guest
    I can not remember not skiing (started at 2.5y/o), so my life has always been ski season, and off-season.

I dunno...what year is this?

^guess that depends on whether or not you use the Buddhist calendar or the Gregorian calendar...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Everything that happened in may was last year

This year started in October.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico
    Drinking season never ends, man.

really? what made you decide to clutter the board with a post this pointless?? Just cause youre bored at work doesnt mean we want to sift through all the crap you post... just sayin