Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Δ5¢? View Post
    But who the hell are you to tell the Maggettes to "women up?" If bc can come, will you be the next guy-with-a-penis-who-fucks-chicks to declare you are transgender so that you can attend? :fmicon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Δ5¢? View Post
    ...another man who wears size 10 boots, has a dick and balls, uses them to fuck women, but who wants to be “one of the girls.”
    Those are both pretty hostile posts you made.

My reason for attending this mini is because I love skiing, and think the opportunity to ski with a group of ripping chicks is neat. I don’t intent to offend or make assumptions in this post. If BCs reason for attending is because she too finds the opportunity neat, I don’t see a problem. However, if she wants to participate to prove something to herself or anyone else it’s not fair to the rest of the ladies. There are countless opportunities to ski with maggots/maggettes. I don’t see the big deal with the girls wanting one weekend and would hate to see all this silly drama impact it or girls not attending because they feel uncomfortable.

baxter i'm not sure what to make of your post. what's for sure is that the bigoted posts on this thread are making me very uncomfortable and at this point i think i will pass on the mini.
    Last edited by fastfroggy; 12-02-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfroggy View Post
    baxter i'm not sure what to make of your post. what's for sure is that the bigoted posts on this thread are making me very uncomfortable and at this point i think i will pass on the mini.
    Quit being pathetic.

Maggettes are like the best people you'll ever meet.

Take this thread with a grain of salt, and God forbid....laugh a little.

^^^ blah blah blah

What's with people backing out of the mini now because some aliases caused some drama??? Whether you agree or not that BC should be there, who really cares that that much??? Baxter is right. We're going to ski and have fun with it, and I’m sure if BC come’s it will be a great time.

TGR is a drama filled website with people always expressing their opinions, it’s nothing new. Get over it, move on, and have fun with it!!!! The drama’s in the forum, not on the ski hill. I think it’d be pathetic for someone to change their mind about going because of what some aliases (who won’t even be there) said.

I’m sure BC hasn’t had the easiest time with this. For those that disagree with BC coming, at least have some respect for her and how she’s presented herself. She has been respectful to all of the girls feelings about this.

Like blurred said, the maggettes are an awesome group of girls!

Quote Originally Posted by Punkmouse View Post
    this is my first idea ... waiting on Kim to send me pictures ....

sent 'em.

Thanks kim!!!!! I will work on the illustrations of all the pics you sent. Give me about a week with them. I want to make them look really good.

Quote Originally Posted by I <3 skiing View Post
    Estrogen is estrogen, and no matter how much a guy thinks he has it (or wants to have it), he doesn't.
    ^^ Not true. Men do have estrogen, just less of it. (some more than others...)

Where is Estrogen Produced? (in men)

Produced in the testes, estrogen promotes the growth of the penis and the development of testicles. Estrogen plays an important role in prepubescent boys by stimulating the growth of facial and body hair, deepening the voice and aiding the development of thick masculine muscles. In addition to the testes, the adrenal and pituitary glands provide small amounts of estrogen in men. Obesity affects the levels of estrogen in the body due to the hormone's production and storage within the fatty tissues on the body.

Benefits

Estrogen prepares the woman's body for pregnancy but also plays an important role in men by stimulating the growth and maturation of sperm. Healthy levels of estrogen in men also cause higher sex drives, or libidos. Estrogen is beneficial for men in withstanding the effects of osteoporosis, a disease that more women suffer from. Healthy levels of estrogen in both men and women help retain bone density for strong bones.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5261904_es...duced-men.html

Quote Originally Posted by brosia View Post
    What's with people backing out of the mini now because some aliases caused some drama???
    Lameness.

BC, just stop by my lab first and I'll hook you up with the latest in human genetic therapy. We'll get your ten-trillion Ys replaced with Xs,
    and then the TGR-Maggette-Mini-Rule-Enforcers will kindly stfu.

For once all the drama has actually been created by maggots, and not maggettes. Alias=male.

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    I think that was uncalled for and rather unfair. Certainly made me feel bad to read.
    Why? It's true the drama was coming from the guys and the other part was a joke because guys are the ones who always create drama on TGR - which is ironic because women are supposedly the sex stereotyped as "drama-queens".

Quote Originally Posted by brosia View Post
    What's with people backing out of the mini now because some aliases caused some drama??? Whether you agree or not that BC should be there, who really cares that that much??? Baxter is right. We're going to ski and have fun with it, and I’m sure if BC come’s it will be a great time.

TGR is a drama filled website with people always expressing their opinions, it’s nothing new. Get over it, move on, and have fun with it!!!! The drama’s in the forum, not on the ski hill. I think it’d be pathetic for someone to change their mind about going because of what some aliases (who won’t even be there) said.

I’m sure BC hasn’t had the easiest time with this. For those that disagree with BC coming, at least have some respect for her and how she’s presented herself. She has been respectful to all of the girls feelings about this.

Like blurred said, the maggettes are an awesome group of girls!
    I was pretty much going to post the exact same thing myself, Brosia. Like Baxter said, we're having this to ski with a bunch of ripping maggettes and to have a bunch of fun. It makes me so sad that people would be backing out of the mini based on the attendance of BC. The more I think about it, the more I think it's silly to not include BC in our mini just on the basis that she was born a different gender but identifies with females and is now physically female. I suppose some maggettes don't really like the idea of having BC at the maggette mini, but to them I say- give her a chance. You don't know her yet. Come and see if you like her. You may find that she's a really great person.

And as far as this drama goes- it's over. I'm not in this for the drama- I just want to have a good time and show a bunch of ripping maggettes my home turf, which rocks, I think. I suppose each maggette can make her own decision as to whether she wants to come to the mini when BC is there. But, I personally hope that each and every maggette who wants to come will come. I think it will be a good time for all.
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Arrow

There is a moral imperative to be tolerance here. Tolerance forbids hate and hateful action. Embracing requires acceptance and support.

The Social Construct Theory of Gender is an idea in Sociology claiming that gender is a socially imposed artificial construct as opposed to Evolutionary Psychology’s outlook that it is more based upon genetics and evolution. However, the moral judgments made by some implies that complete *embracing* of individual gender choice, as opposed to tolerance, is the only moral option. This is an ideology must base itself on the personal belief that the Social Construct Theory of Gender is the *only* acceptable conclusion for a moral and enlightened person. It leads to the value judgment that those who don't follow that theory are backwards, immoral, and unenlightened in the same way as a racist. But, there is ample room for debate on a purely sociological theory like Social Gender Theory versus genetically and statistically disproven racist theories that make sociological claims based on assumptions about applied genetics. There is no consensus on this construct of gender.

Making a *moral* requirement that others accept a purely sociological idea is not an ethical sociological position. Of course, it is more defensible than the sociological theory that gender determined purely by choice combined with the social-moralistic view that violators of social norms deserve scorn. This is because hate and scorn are paradoxical to the social value of freedom in our society. Still, some people don't understand the difference between tolerance and compulsory embracing. Here, we can see there is little moral imperative to embrace transgenderism by compulsion. Therefore embracing a transgenderist is an individual decision. As hate for transgenderism would be immoral, there is, therefore, a moral imperative of tolerance for transgenderists.

QED

TL;DR

Ah, skiing as a moral dilemma. Very nice.

I have changed my mind and I will come to this event. Unless I change my mind again.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Jeez, and I am not any of the aliases in this thread. I don't do aliases. Well, not very often.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    Jeez, and I am not any of the aliases in this thread. I don't do aliases. Well, not very often.
    Oh, I know of one

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Oh, I know of one
    Little man, I expect you will be skiing at Monarch on the weekend in question. Unless you're going on estrogen therapy?
    Henry David Thoreau

I think that the ladies organizing this event should host details on a different site or start up an email chain, since this is bringing out all the angry desperate dicks on tgr. Just my 2 cents, great idea, hope you girls have fun. Every now and then you need a womens weekend.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    I think that the ladies organizing this event should host details on a different site or start up an email chain, since this is bringing out all the angry desperate dicks on tgr.
    That would be entirely too easy!
    Henry David Thoreau

just chiming in to say I'm trying to convince the wife to make the trip.

edit: she is fine with BC coming and encourages her.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Alright ladies. This thing is happening and it's less than 2 months away! In light of recent events, and also due to the fact that sometimes things come up that were not planned before, I need to have maggettes reconfirm. Who's coming?

Can't wait!!!!
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Barring something dumb happening I'm (still) in.

I'll be there, attitude and all, but it'll be a good attitude =p

Sweet, guest and MAP! Can't wait!

Maggettes- trying to get confirmation from everyone in the next week or so. Once I have a more solid number, I'll see what we can do about group discounts on lift tickets and begin to arrange lodging.
    -
    14erskiers.com

I'm in for sure