I thought BING was just a search engine...

I thought BING was just another search engine, a little healthy competition for google. Now I keep seeing people reference some sort of a BING discount on top of other website deals/codes when buying gear. What's the deal? Somebody school this BING JONG on what's happening. Am I missing out on something good??

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    Ummm... someone else will know more than I and hopefully follow up with the specifics. But I'd assume it's similar to what Google had (has?) going for a while? It was like an extra $10 or $20 discount ONE TIME if you followed certain protocols. I assume they are in essence paying the customers to incentivize people to sign up for an email/whatever, instead of spending the same money advertising somewhere??? Just GOOGLE it , there will be more on the webs somewhere...
    pmiP triD remroF

-dna-

!!!timoV cimotA erutuF

-ottom-

"!!!emit a ta anigav eno dlroW eht gnirolpxE"

you may want to try a Bing search on "bing discounts"

shot in the dark

You get a certain % back on all your purchases you make when you create an account, sign in and then search through Bing. The deal is that it takes 60 days before you get the cash. Different sites offer different amounts back. I think BC.com right now is around 15%, same in the outlet. Last night I was about to pull the trigger on some floor mats for my wifes new car. Decided I should check to see if Bing had any discounts and wounld up getting $22 back. Works out quite well. In some cases I have been able to use the cashback plus a discount code to make for some really good deals.

I applaud you for your coinage of "Bing-Jong".

Ever heard of Micro$oft Live Cashback? Maybe?

They've "rebranded" it as Bing Cashback.

Read this:
    Bing Cashback
    Youth is wasted on the young

Beat me to it Turd.

I've managed to get over $400 back this year
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Bing Cashback.

Although they kicked my Canadian ass out after a few cashbacks.

Fuckers.
    holy fucking shitballs

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I thought BING was just another search engine, a little healthy competition for google.
    yes, maybe, we'll see...
    with making a deal to show bing results on yahoo.. they might get 30% mkt share...

Cashback program certainly helps...the double cashback skyrocketed their sales/share during August, so I'm almost expecting to a limited time promo/increased offers during holiday shopping season to bolster otherwise slow sales.

personally, i think http://www.bing.com/maps is better than google.

I also like http://www.bing.com/travel with Price Predictor from Farecast.

been fun to play with some galleries on http://www.bing.com/visualsearch (needs silverlight installed to work)
    but only a few are useful -mainly the shopping ones & the iphone APP one for example. Periodic table one is cool too.

bing images, vids, news - good, but need a little more work.

web search - better than it's ever been still a long way to be a google killer.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Hate to use anything MS by choice but the thought of them paying me to get something I want, after decades of having to pay them for crap I didn't, has a certain appeal. I hope its a meaningful cash drain.

Beyonce? Shes well bing bing!

Search engine?

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide View Post

I also like http://www.bing.com/travel with Price Predictor from Farecast.
    Fine, except that Bing delivers prices well above what you can find them for elsewhere. And the price predictor is estimating one week out, and it's basing its predictions on past pricing instead of what season patterns are like or what fuel prices are doing.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    Fine, except that Bing delivers prices well above what you can find them for elsewhere. And the price predictor is estimating one week out, and it's basing its predictions on past pricing instead of what season patterns are like or what fuel prices are doing.
    true - which is why I also track FareCompare.com pretty closely as well - I know the CEO, and he tends to stay very much on top of external factors

Kayak just launched a new trend/demand thing as well:
    http://www.kayak.com/trends/

I rarely use either service to check prices personally, since I'm pretty loyal to Delta as a SkyMiles member & being in SLC as hub it's typically the cheapest out of here or within 5-10 bucks of JetBlue (which i use occaisonally) or SWA (never/rarely)..
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

yea its how I got a 40d for like $400
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care