Page 13 of 181 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsskier View Post
    Looking for gear for my real little guy, 18 mos, but i can hardly keep up with him at the house....guessing maybe 60cm skis, and boots in that range...would like
    to get him on the hill a couple times this season, anyone in North Tahoe with stuff drop me a line...thanks!
    Let me know if you need clothes. I have boots, gloves, snowsuit etc.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by specialed179 View Post

What I need... our smallest grandson is really small with the heart of a lion. He needs a descent pair of ski gloves... as small as possible.
    How small is small, are you talking 2,4,6,8,10 year old range?

Like to help, but can't without info...if I've got it, I'll send it.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Let me know if you need clothes. I have boots, gloves, snowsuit etc.

Pete
    Thanks Pete, we do need that gear, feel free to shoot me a pm with specifics.
    Thanks!

gotta gotta get a pair of boots for my 2-yr old. size 8 shoe which i believe is 15 mondo. or anything close. i will use extra socks (preferable) or vaseline to make it work. and if anyone has a harness, i would be interested too.

To help people hook your kids up at least go to a ski shop and figure out what boot size they should have and the length of the skis. It's just as important for kids to have boots that fit as it is for us. Kids in the wrong size boots and wrong lenth skis aren't going to enjoy it nearly as much as if they have the right size. Do you want the wrong size stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by woodsskier View Post
    Thanks Pete, we do need that gear, feel free to shoot me a pm with specifics.
    Thanks!
    Missed that you had a little dude. Guessing he wouldn't be interested in purple gear?

About the only thing I have that isn't very gender specific would be some black gloves; thermals, socks, boots, beenies, goggles are all either purple or pink. Sorry.

If anyone else wants em they are in the 12 to 18 month range.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    To help people hook your kids up at least go to a ski shop and figure out what boot size they should have and the length of the skis. It's just as important for kids to have boots that fit as it is for us. Kids in the wrong size boots and wrong lenth skis aren't going to enjoy it nearly as much as if they have the right size. Do you want the wrong size stuff?
    i guess you are referring to my post- i should have used a joking emoticon but i thought the vaseline comment covered it. i would take something a little big though, he will probably not ski much this year. he is size 15 mondo.

This thread is amazing, what a great idea. I'm a fan of paying it forward, and this is prime example. Much respect.

Looking for skis for my 12 year old in a 140-150 cm range. I'm in Portland, Oregon and prefer a local pick up and don't mind paying. I usually don't post due to having a wife, 3 kids, job and a mortgage leaves me little time to talk about how badass I am in life.

Let me know what you have and I much you would like.

Long shot, but does anyone have any toddler gear they'd be willing to part with? I'm planning on taking my 3 year old up for the first time this winter and need just about everything except coat pants and gloves. Of course I'd offer whatever is gifted to me back to any other mag parents for next year. Thanks!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ladifreakinda View Post
    This thread is amazing, what a great idea. I'm a fan of paying it forward, and this is prime example. Much respect.
    Being here for a long time I wanted to contribute again and had this idea.
    Glad everyone likes it!

So parents, has this thread helped you out a ton with getting the kids up and skiing?

I know I have used the stuff I received for my almost 6 year old. If she can get just a bit more confidence, I can get the harness off her. It is all in her head now as I am holding slacked leashes. But if I don't pull them out she freaks and falls a lot.

I'm trying to get it back out to someone!!! Soon hopefully soon.

New to TGR

this thread is pretty great...hopefully I am not breaking any protocols by just chiming in...some of the fly fishing boards are brutal!!! anyway I am looking for 3 set ups for 3 girls...4,6 and 8...each is a lightweight the 8yr old is a size 13 kids and the 6yr old is right behind her...the 4yr old we are debating about but just for kicks and giggles she is a size 6.5 kids shoe...we have cold weather gear for all of them...

Incidentally, if you are looking CAL Ranch Stores has some fairly decent mittens for kids at the 13.00 range...

Suggestions and leads are welcome!

-Thanks

Not a gear deal, but I just learned that Ski Canada has a special snow pass for kids born in 2000 or 2001.

http://www.snowpass.ca/

Ski Utah has a similar thing, called the 5th and 6th Grade Passport Program.

http://www.skiutah.com/winter/locals

California, unfortunately, dropped its program a few years back, before my kids could take advantage.
    not counting days 2016-17

^^^
    Similar deal in Michigan if you have a 4th grader. It is not a free lift ticket everywhere though. 3 free at 20 resorts or so. Just sent in our info via email.

http://www.goskimichigan.com/cold-is-cool.html

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    So parents, has this thread helped you out a ton with getting the kids up and skiing? .
    It's been great! I took advantage of others generosity at the end of last year in prep for getting my 3 year old out this season. I've got a one year old right behind her so it will be a bit before I can gift back to the collective but the gear I scored will definitely come back around sooner or later.

Going to try to get my twin girls out this year. They are 3 and a bit small for their age. Need skis, boots and goggles. 15-17 boots and shortest skis possible.

Also having a baby at Christmas and will need cold weather fartbag. Anyone who could help much appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by GordonShumway View Post
    Long shot, but does anyone have any toddler gear they'd be willing to part with? I'm planning on taking my 3 year old up for the first time this winter and need just about everything except coat pants and gloves. Of course I'd offer whatever is gifted to me back to any other mag parents for next year. Thanks!

What size boots, and skis, do you need?

Who wants an Edgie-Wedgie??

Send a PM and its yours...

the edgie wedgie was a great tool for my kids!

I gave away two kids helmets for some jr mags.
    Last edited by treeskier; 12-15-2010 at 12:54 AM.

Kids tele gear needed.

On the lift the other day, my 9 year old daughter turned to me and said "Dad, I want to ski on ski's like yours." I need to find tele skis and boots for a 9 year old. Small womens.

Any help is appreciated.

Tx,

any items previously listed are now gone - I'll try to edit old posts
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Hey. I'm looking for skis and boots for my 3 year old so I can get him up there this season. I'm guessing ski lenght would be about 80-85 and boots around 17-17.5.

Cheers!
    David

Toddler gear, mostly nordic. (Not used by me; ended up not adopting).
    Pic should be in my profile.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/pictu...pictureid=2854

Skis:
    traki, waxless/fishscale nordic skis, just shy of 70 cm.
    Strapon binding w/ freeheel (looks like they're designed for use w/ regular kids' Sorrel-style snow boots); currently set to ~20 cm bsl, looks to be adjustable down to ~17.5 cm (e.g., ~7 to 8 inches overall bsl range as currently drilled). Could go longer bsl w/ a redrill & remount, but not shorter.

Poles:
    Karhu Big Bear nordic poles. 81 cm length. Oddly, no baskets. Maybe too long for use w/ the above skis?

Kid-Ski Ski Leash, probably this one:
    http://www.applerise.com/merchant2/m...gory_Code=1600

Located in Santa Fe, so likely will have to ship. I just need to cover shipping and the price of enough Ska Modus Hoperandi IPA to induce me to package it all up. Would prefer not to split, but open to persuasion.

For sale/beer money

--Hmm, tried to post this yesterday but it didn't take; sorry if double posting.--

Toddler gear, mostly nordic. (Not used by me; ended up not adopting).
    Pic should be in my profile.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/pictu...pictureid=2854

Skis:
    traki, waxless/fishscale nordic skis, just shy of 70 cm.
    Strapon binding w/ freeheel (looks like they're designed for use w/ regular kids' Sorrel-style snow boots); currently set to ~20 cm bsl, looks to be adjustable down to ~17.5 cm (e.g., ~7 to 8 inches overall bsl range as currently drilled). Could go longer bsl w/ a redrill & remount, but not much shorter.

Poles:
    Karhu Big Bear nordic poles. 81 cm length. Oddly, no baskets. Maybe too long for use w/ the above skis?

Kid-Ski Ski Leash, probably this one:
    http://www.applerise.com/merchant2/m...gory_Code=1600

Located in Santa Fe, so likely will have to ship. I just need to cover shipping and the price of enough Ska Modus Hoperandi IPA to induce me to package it all up (a 12er should do). Would prefer not to split, but open to persuasion.

Poles and leash pending.

Skis pending.
    Last edited by ChristopherTodd; 12-15-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: update