Hi Everyone,

Wanted to post my experience so far and curious about others opinions.

Few years ago I hurt my shoulder snow skiing. I repeatedly slipped my shoulder after unsuccessful pt. A few months back I attempted to water ski, and that did it. Big mistake!

I underwent an arthroscopic labral repair for a 360 degree tear on 9/9/09. I had both anterosuperior and posterior labral tears. It took 8 anchors to repair. My doc also found underlying humeral head disease and arthrosis... I'm only 27

I had significant post op pain. The block didn't work at all! The pain was nothing like I experienced ever in the past, and I've been injured a lot. I have an extremely high tolerance for pain, and no amount of pain killer they gave me helped. It took a few days for the pain to settle.

Now I have very little pain during the day. At night, the pain is getting better. Still have to sleep in my recliner. I'm taking off the sling in two more days, and start PT in three days. I decided to take off the sling today for a bit, and it feels really weak and fragile.

I sure hope my doc is correct about being ready to remove the sling and start pt. Anyone have any opinions about only wearing a sling for 4 weeks after a 360 labral repair? My doc is one of the best, so I hate to question his recommendation. Just reading online it sounds like others who didn't have nearly as much repair done had to wear it for 6 weeks.

Thanks for letting me share and for any advice out there.

Indkebr