Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    [/QUOTE]
    Gotta give up to you, MG. I'm amazed no one has thought of this solution before.
    Hell, now maggs can say "fuck you" to any pee breaks at all, just run the hose out the door while you are driving. A hilarious traffic stop might ensue...

I conceived the idea years ago as a way to avoid open container tickets(drinking and driving is bad). I did not implement it until I helped an exgirlfriend outfit her truck so she could move the hell out of the house. I have doubt she ever made use of it. However mine sees its fair share. The great thing is that if I am driving and need to pee my girlfriend is tiny so she can just switch seats with me and I can step back to use the facilities without so much as slowing down.

P.S. I love holding it for my girlfriend, arent all of yall into watersports?

Quote Originally Posted by Missiongravity View Post

P.S. I love holding it for my girlfriend, arent all of yall into watersports?
    Dude, is this your van?

www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

That was my previous van. This is my van now, a little more kid sized.

Wow. Clowns ARE scary.

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    My solution to having to get out of the van at night to pee. Helps to move the vehicle every other day or so as to not have a big pile of piss. Even anatomically shaped for the girlfriend Hose runs right through the floor and empties in front of the rear tire to ensure spray on asshole tailgaters windshields.

Plus, it doubles as a beer bong. BRILLIANT!!!

pmiP triD remroF

-dna-

!!!timoV cimotA erutuF

-ottom-

"!!!emit a ta anigav eno dlroW eht gnirolpxE"

go outside to pee. the feeling of freedom is unreached!

So what if you have to take a dump?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerFox View Post
    So what if you have to take a dump?
    I just poop in it and blow real hard to force it out.

I just poop in it and blow real hard to force it out.

You're gonna fit right in around here. Welcome.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

just found this heater: http://www.brightspark.info/?page=listing&id=86

looks not that bad.

btw: what do you eat/cook when you're wintercamping? maybe we could share ideas
    one of my favourites:
    potatoes, eggs, german saucage.

This is a great thread and some of you guys are freaking geniuses! Does anyone have any experience sleeping in an Audi A4 for several days in a row? I'm not sure I can handle just sleeping in just the front seat, to uncomfortable. I think it may work to fold down the bigger side of the backseat and put my legs/feet in trunk and have my head poking into the backseat. That way I can still have all my gear on the other half of the trunk. Pretty sure there would just be space for one person in that set-up.

It's not an A4, but any sedan with fold down rear seats is more or less the same. In Traveling Circus S2 Ep. 1 the incomparable Erik Olson demonstrates his [ame="http://www.vimeo.com/6682460"]Chevy Cavalier trunk sleeping technique.[/ame]

Oh and check out BroBomb's poll about the state of "soul" in skiing. I think car camping is a huge part of that soul these days.
    BroBomb: Honest.

^^^^^^Erik's car camping part starts at about 5:10 into the video.
    BroBomb: Honest.

hehe, funny guy.

my longest period has been [ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118702"]1 month in march 2008[/ame]

That video looks like little kids roller blading.
    Last edited by sts9andski; 10-29-2009 at 03:17 PM.

The most important think to living in the vehicle is having one of these that is as dedicated to car living and mountain biking, kayaking and backcountry skiing as you are. Not only are they easy on the eye they help keep the bed warm.

Food Ideas

So it looks like I will be spending a good deal of time in my car this winter...so I'm wondering about good cooking ideas,
    My set up
    92' subaru legacy
    -30 bag
    a insulated pad
    jetboil personal cooking system
    looking to add something to insulate the windows
    any other suggestions would be welcome but i am especially looking/ curious about food possibilities.
    fuck it

The most important think to living in the vehicle is having one of these that is as dedicated to car living and mountain biking, kayaking and backcountry skiing as you are. Not only are they easy on the eye they help keep the bed warm.
    Yeah, those dual burner coleman stoves are the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by WyoWill View Post
    Yeah, those dual burner coleman stoves are the shit.
    Well played Sir -- spoken like a true Alaskan.
    Semi-professional anvil avoider and unfortunate slave to gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by levistewart View Post
    So it looks like I will be spending a good deal of time in my car this winter...so I'm wondering about good cooking ideas,
    My set up
    92' subaru legacy
    -30 bag
    a insulated pad
    jetboil personal cooking system
    looking to add something to insulate the windows
    any other suggestions would be welcome but i am especially looking/ curious about food possibilities.
    For the Subaru to be most efficient i would suggest removing the rear seats all together and making a platform of sorts where they used to be as to optimize your storage capabilities. maybe get a rocket box or something to keep food in as you wont need cooler in the winter. Having those seats folded down wastes a lot of usable space and they dont even go all the way flat. As for food I dig canned chili in the winter, easy to heat up and eat right out of the can and its hardy. Bread and hummus are always nice and easy as is a smoked salmon if it is in the budget.

As for insulation I havent noticed a major difference pre and post insulation of my rig. it could probably stand to have more but at this point it isnt feasible to remove all the built in "furniture fixtures". Besides thats what I have my coleman two burner for.

Its not likely you have space but one of the best investments I have made for car living is one of those folding tables, plastic top metal legs about 18 by 42 inches or so. It has seen more use than any other single item. Perhaps it could be incorporated into part of your platform after removing your seats.

Thats all I got for now.

For the Subaru to be most efficient i would suggest removing the rear seats all together and making a platform of sorts where they used to be as to optimize your storage capabilities. maybe get a rocket box or something to keep food in as you wont need cooler in the winter. Having those seats folded down wastes a lot of usable space and they dont even go all the way flat. As for food I dig canned chili in the winter, easy to heat up and eat right out of the can and its hardy. Bread and hummus are always nice and easy as is a smoked salmon if it is in the budget.

As for insulation I havent noticed a major difference pre and post insulation of my rig. it could probably stand to have more but at this point it isnt feasible to remove all the built in "furniture fixtures". Besides thats what I have my coleman two burner for.

Its not likely you have space but one of the best investments I have made for car living is one of those folding tables, plastic top metal legs about 18 by 42 inches or so. It has seen more use than any other single item. Perhaps it could be incorporated into part of your platform after removing your seats.

Thats all I got for now.
    Awesome suggestions and much appreciated, i think some home makeover is due
    fuck it

i dunno if any one has mentioned this but when you go to the driggs area victor has a bath house with wifi you can do your laundry in and shower and shit. i grew up in the teton valley. if you wanna camp like less than two miles from the resort go up teton canyon right at the base of the switch backs up to targhee. its all national forest around there and all the peeps are chill, unless they have money and head lodged in ass, youll love driggs and victor. best place in the world. just dont tell anyone how good of time you had, gappers dont belong in that valley, they belong at jackson.

have a good time bro, and shoot me a pm before you head up there, green or homies to drink with i can find ya either

Thats all I got for now.
    Actually you might want to check how your seats fold down first before you pull them out. When you fold down the back seats in my '99 Outback, they lock into a little doohickey on the bottom of the seat, removing any piece of it would result in them not laying flat, or even close for that matter. Removing them may necessitate building a subfloor, which can be daunting to the non-MacGuyvers among us and a pain in the ass to those of us who are.

I passed on the Coleman 2-burner and instead got something I can sear red meat (fuckin' sirloin, baby! BOOYAH!) on. I got the Weber Q 200, which has a nifty folding stand so I can fit it in the car and still stand it up to do some real, honest-to-God grilling. Works great with a nonstick pan for making breakfast too.

I 2nd the folding table. It's key. That and a STURDY folding chair (I like the director's style ones, they're far sturdier than the $10 walmart jobbers.)

Also ALWAYS HAVE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS IN THE CAR!
    Duct tape
    Tarp
    Windproof lighter & extra butane
    A bunch of weed (to cover the farts/ballsack smell)
    TP
    tons of extra socks, and a few extra pairs of shoes if you have them. (wet feet suck ass)
    Last edited by DoWork; 11-04-2009 at 04:26 PM.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

not to cost efficient but anybody use a rooftop tent like these? http://www.autohomeus.com/
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.