Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    have you thought about/looked into doing any of the State Parks / bringing in a tent & caterer, etc? Not sure what the local NH laws are on BYOB alcohol (but I'd guess they're somewhat loose) or maybe doing the same thing on private property - esp if you have a family member or friend with a really nice spot - you can bring in the tent, even really nice portapotties (think trailer style) so no one has to go in the house.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by KillingCokes View Post
    Me and the Mrs. tied the knot on top of Rattlesnake Mtn. overlooking Squam Lake. It's a short 1.3 mile hike.

It's the rocky outcrop on the left in the photo. Pretty place.
    wow, killingcokes- that is really cool. do you have any pics from the wedding you'd like to share? looks like an awesome spot!

good luck with everything
    i think the mt Washington hotel is tremendously overrated.
    gorgeous location and a grand old dame that is very tired and under serviced.
    rooms are meh and the staff is indifferent.
    would pay their I am sure high costs ( I was there earlier this month)

I think any of the NH ski areas would kil for some shoulders season or summer buis...
    again not easy to get to, but North Conway itself has tremendous odging options and great charm

thought about Portsmouth seaside?
    went worth?

Shred, we tied the knot at the Christmas Farm Inn. Lots of space, we used "the barn" had a JOP through the Inn. very cool place, still very close to other lodging options for guests. I honestly don't remeber what costs were, prolly 6 years ago, (don't tell my wife I can't remember). we did flowers, decorations, cake ourselves. great "rehersal" dinner at the Inn, they have a little bar and good food.
    "Don't let the bastards wear you down"- RFO

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    i think the mt Washington hotel is tremendously overrated.
    gorgeous location and a grand old dame that is very tired and under serviced.
    rooms are meh and the staff is indifferent.
    Sorry to hear that, it's almost unbelievable that the staff can be indifferent in this economy in an area where there's not much work, I guess they're digging their own graves...

Isn't the Mt Washington hotel under new ownership? Thought I heard that a bigger hotel chain bought it and did a bunch of renovations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
    Isn't the Mt Washington hotel under new ownership? Thought I heard that a bigger hotel chain bought it and did a bunch of renovations.
    They are under new management and they built a large conference center and spa off to the right as you face the property.

My company just finished hosting a big conference there recently. People liked the place a lot. Golf course has also undergone a major rehab. Sleeping rooms have been freshened up substantially as well. Cuisine was OK -- upper end of function quality.

That said in the old days I ran some meetings there that were complete clown shows. They had new management every year and were bank owned for a protracted period in the nineties. In those days first impressions were everything because there wasn't much else.

I think the place is definitely worth considering if it is the type of wedding you want big expensive Grand Dame sort of show they have the people in place to make i happen now.

And I did an off season site visit when the place was closed that creeped me the hell out. (REDRUM Mrs. Torrance)
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!