Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    i like my burton twin for steeps/pow/everything. got it for under $200 with decent bindings. he has good boots right? if not i'd say spend the money on that first. i went from a 159 supermodel to an 156 atomic alibi to a 154 burton twin but noticed the biggest change in performance from my salomon malamute boots.
    Last edited by daver; 09-29-2009 at 08:42 AM.

ya he has good boots and hes a 10.5 foot. im seeing good deals on last years supermodels also on the custom x and malolo. he demoed a gyrator last xmas and loved it but im not seeing any deals on those and im not sure a rockered board would do well on normal snow (ala rockered skis). im getting close to just pulling the trigger. 162 malolo? not a twin but i dont know if ill find the perfect board for the price range im at.
    SEND IT

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    Fuck never summer their shit is WAY to Heavy, no pop. Get him a Lib tech, maybe the Phoenix, I have a lot of friend that ride that board and love it. Skate banana does the trick too, pow, park whatever. Stay away from NS though, too heavy, too damp, not fun at all unless you love a heavy ass board.

Trust Mervin Manufacturing
    You sound like a fucking pussy. You need some muscle to get pop out of the Premier, but the Heritage is a nice inbetween. Seriously, don´t go recommending or speak shit of brands in general. Just like I wouldn´t take an NS Summit to the park and get all jibby, I wouldn´t take a Skate Banana anywhere I´d need to rely on it. There are, however Libs I´d take to the park, and far more Never Summers I´d take anywhere else.

The problem with most of my fellow knuckle draggers with shit for brains is that they have shit for brains. "Like, uh, I have a friend who rides a Phoenix, says it´s good and stuff, go buy one". Have an actual rider´s opinion of your own? Share it. The man asked for a pow charger. The Skate Banana sure as fuck won´t cut it, and neither you nor I know if the Phoenix is good, obviously.

Go back to snowboardingforum or wherever the fuck else you came from. This is not your arena.

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by frosty374 View Post
    ya he has good boots and hes a 10.5 foot. im seeing good deals on last years supermodels also on the custom x and malolo. he demoed a gyrator last xmas and loved it but im not seeing any deals on those and im not sure a rockered board would do well on normal snow (ala rockered skis). im getting close to just pulling the trigger. 162 malolo? not a twin but i dont know if ill find the perfect board for the price range im at.
    The Gyrator is actually pretty decent on anything not hardpacked, so if you manage to swing a deal on one, grab it, since your kid brother obviously likes it. Fun board!

just check the waist width first. I have chick feet so I'm not really sure what width you need for a 10.5, but I do know that's around the point where you have to start thinking about a wider board. there must be some chart out there somewhere...

10.5 does not need a wide board IMO. I am a 10 and when I got on a fat Forecast I hated the damn thing. Normal Solly Forecast was much nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    10.5 does not need a wide board IMO. I am a 10 and when I got on a fat Forecast I hated the damn thing. Normal Solly Forecast was much nicer.
    a mid-wide would be nice though if he's going to be riding steeper lines with it.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty374 View Post
    I have a Rome Design 162 that i'm trying to get rid of. I rode it probably 5 days. I could give you a pretty good price on it if your interested.

As for rockered boards handling hardpack. I've ridden boards equivalent to a gyrator on everything from hardpack to pow and it was probably one of the best rides ive had. I've owned stuff like the t6 and i thought the Rome Notch 1985 felt way better.

Rockered skis and rockered snowboards are completely different so you can't go in with that attitude.
    "The riding never stops" Craig Kelly

Snowboarding is gay and so is this gay thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    sweet blog

Is there any chance he could demo/borrow a few boards and try them for himself?

Thank god someone stepped up to the plate and just said it. Winner winner chicken dinner.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by LIP View Post
    Thank god someone stepped up to the plate and just said it. Winner winner chicken dinner.
    ...says the guy from Denver. Not trying to turn this thread into a flame fest but i think i got enough info to help guide my search. thanks all for the contributions, see ya on the hill.
    SEND IT

if he likes jibbing around, a gyrator might be a little much, especially considering he's not that heavy. Try a turbo dream in a 61 range...you can ride it centered and butter around plenty while still getting great float. I weigh the same as your bro and love that thing on pow days. If it's gonna be an all around board, a lib banana (TRS, skate banana, riders choice, whatever) does better on hard pack than the k2, but for pure pow the turbo dream is sick...and yeah, i road a tapered board in a 63 two years ago (nidecker megalight) and the turbo dream 61 is quicker to turn and all around more fun and versatile, while still being a better pow ride.

is it going to be his only board or will he have this as a pow board and another board for park/non pow days?

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    You KNOW there IS a cure for snowboarding, a skill saw straight down the middle....
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LIP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dk_alaskan View Post
    You KNOW there IS a cure for snowboarding, a skill saw straight down the middle....
    I ski and anyone who does something different from me is a moron/loser...

Almost as gay as constantly defending Vail.

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169568"]Heeheeheee.[/ame]

No one has said it yet???

T-Rice pro model (last year). 161.5. The thing absolutley charges on everything. Floats like a dream and when you set it on a line, you're locked in.
    Good stuff.

Just checking in on this thread. Shit talking snowboarding, NS and Denver all at once, doesn't get much better.

I'm 6'2" and 165 and picked up a 168 Premiere F1 last season and love it. Unless your bro is like Edgnar and turns like a skier (slow and often) I would recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    This should be in Tech Talk.

Venture Storm.
    Not much more needs to be said. Except go with the rockered storm.

Lib Tech Snow Mullet 165cm

I am 6'1 and 175 lbs and have that exact board. It slays pooh like no other but it is also good in shitty conditions.

Really good.

Highly recommend it.

Get It.
    there's powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

http://www.powaholic.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ncognico View Post
    Not much more needs to be said. Except go with the rockered storm.
    i rode the venture zephyr and liked it a lot. didnt get a chance to try the storm though. i preferred the zephyr to the NS boards i've ridden and the atomic alibi.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    a mid-wide would be nice though if he's going to be riding steeper lines with it.
    Why, so he can plow more snow to the sides with more base width?

Back to the basics
    Back to the basics
    Back to the basics

Blurred, GTFO you asshole CO skier! And if I see you in Utah this year, I will, will, will.........make said asshole drink with me.