Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow in the PNW

you have no idea how high i get
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

We can probably make a resonably edumacated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    you have no idea how high i get
    Higher than bird pussy?
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

i saw some crow/ravens that were ginormous the other day. like eagle big.

Whoa bro, that must be some good shit

PNW TR

That's a pretty hilarious picture.
    eating and sleeping is serious business

NOAA forecast models are looking pretty sweet throughout the weekend for the Mt. Hood area
    Training for Alpental

PNW tour picture = win win win.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    PNW TR
    this=so awesome

question: late march vs. early march for week long visit to baker? would probably avoid week of the 15-21 - spring break i think, and busier at work. im just counting on march being typical "showery periods" like nwac says. but is the last week generally too warm for pow after noon? its not so important, early or late march, both will be great...but if anyone has opinions...

^ Eh, just luck pretty much. Waiting until later in march might have the advantage of letting el nino die down, but it is further into spring as well.

Also, I wouldn't be worrying about afternoon pow in march this season. I'd be perfectly happy with just morning pow even in early feb.

disclaimer: i just took the ski racks off the car, so we should be getting snow anytime here.

Baker in March is a crap shoot. Could be powder. Could be wet powder. Could be rain-fouled mank. Could be something else. Won't know until then.

Note that there have been a few significant pass effect storms this season resulting in Snoqualmie Pass and Stevens Pass getting snow while Baker got rain.

Have fun.

Wednesday night looks epic. Who's in?

I'm going to be at Hood (likely Meadows) from 2/13-2/15. Staying with a buddy from college. He'll likely stick to the groomers so I'll be solo for at least some of that time. If anybody wants to make some turns shoot me a PM. Beers on me.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    ^ Eh, just luck pretty much. Waiting until later in march might have the advantage of letting el nino die down, but it is further into spring as well.

Also, I wouldn't be worrying about afternoon pow in march this season. I'd be perfectly happy with just morning pow even in early feb.

disclaimer: i just took the ski racks off the car, so we should be getting snow anytime here.
    Im pretty sure it will be pow. Its March! (my memory blurs all the seasons together, with selectivity for when its good)

Quote Originally Posted by QuikR12 View Post
    Wednesday night looks epic. Who's in?
    I'm all over that shit. Time to flail.
    Training for Alpental

So whats the deal with Stevens Pass night skiing? I'm dying for something soft, and it looks like this week might deliver but I have to work. Will I be limited to groomers, or will there be some decent slopes lit up?

it's gonna raiiiiiinnnnn!!!!!!!!!11

Went to Tahoe last weekend, it was sweet.

Got next week off work and I just got tix to CO... So much for my plan to stick around here...

Quote Originally Posted by ey_allen View Post
    So whats the deal with Stevens Pass night skiing? I'm dying for something soft, and it looks like this week might deliver but I have to work. Will I be limited to groomers, or will there be some decent slopes lit up?
    Only the groomers are lit. And not all that well.

However, I've often thought about attaching my mtb headlamp to my helmet...

I've tried with a regular headlamp before, but it's pretty crappy. Full moon and clear skies are the best bet. Just got a new mtb light this year and haven't taken it skiing yet... seems like it should work ok.

so what's the consensus on the weather/conditions for this wknd? possible rain? worth a quick roadtrip?

out of curiosity, does anyone ever make the trip over the passes to mission?

While snowboarders from all over the world are running all over Crystal Mountain scoping out possible lines off the King for the North Face Freeride contest we focused on this Gem in the Crystal Backcountry.

Crystal Peaks North face

Climbing quickly switched from skinning to bootpacking

But we were stoked to find excellent pow all the way to the bottom.

North facing is key right now.
    Shameless spam: Trip reports and Gear reviews and if you want to support what I do follow me on Instagram @KyleMiller411