Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1707

Thread: Snow in the PNW

Well campbell is on hold and I'm waiting in a 45 minute northway line, so I might as well surf TGR. This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Well campbell is on hold and I'm waiting in a 45 minute northway line, so I might as well surf TGR. This sucks.

Got a call from a friend that all the parking lots at Stevens were full and they were turning people away while I was still on my way up today, so I just turned around. I missed the snow, but sounds like it is quite the shit show today.
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 04-03-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Its pretty sad that's I'm poolside and its damn near 80 here in phoenix and all I can do is think about the pow back home my wife thinks I'm pretty pathetic and it doesn't help that its her folks were visiting

Outback at Skibowl opened for the first time all year. Good times were had.
    The "Rockstar Leniency Rule" merely states that those who achieve a performative douchosity in service of spectacle as it relates to career are given wider latitude to be uberscrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Got a call from a friend that all the parking lots at Stevens were full and they were turning people away while I was still on my way up today, so I just turned around. I missed the snow, but sounds like it is quite the shit show today.
    Yeha was bumme di had to do stuff today till i saw the webcams. At 8am (hour before opening) the lots at stevens looked about half full. Then i checked at 10 and it was packed. I wa sup there tuesday nd it got tracked out by lunch with the lots not even half full. I can only imagine it got tracked super fast and was just poop to wait in line.

But i bet side country and touring up there was dman good!

alpy deliverd .

Alpental had Armstrong xpress spinning by 8:45, chair 2 open by 9:30, and elevator gate open by 10.....with chair 2 on wind hold yesterday it was bottomless deep up high....lines were bad but not the worst I've seen, about 20-30min for chair 2, but still got plenty o face shots from our five laps in the bc. Patrol put up a 'lift closed' sign for chair 2 at 2:30 and were turning folks away ..heard something about a breakdown and loss of backup power....anyone know if they got it running again? Hopefully they didn't have to start evacuating folks from the chair.

Stevens was a complete shot show today, between jib academy, gate bashers and a shit ton of families lines were long at times (still beter then ally or xtal). Shit got tracked quick and fast. Went down corona circa 9:45 and it was scrapped clean. First run down 7th was one of the deepest of my life though, and stash spots kept me going till 1:30.

Worst part was that there were a lot of people where they shouldn't have gone. Came down meadows and there was about a dozen folks trying to figure out the first terrice and scraping it clean in the process. Oh well a great day non the less.

baker
    was
    epic
    again

3rd chair on 6 this morning. Balls deep turns for my first 4 runs. Epic conditions all day.

And I FINALLY got to take my praxis pow boards out
    suddenly, they made perfect sense

longest continual faceshot of my lift today

Saw a mag in a blue jacket on lhasa's. Couldn't catch up
    Live

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    \
    I think I saw Klauss. Some dude stepping into Wrens, looking ready to huck his meat.
    I was up there. Great night as I havent been to ski bowl in years. Did get a few hucks in too.

It was a bad weekend for ol Klauss though as I broke one of my newer skis (at least I had a few pairs with me). I also lost my helmet cam at meadows today on a run. Went back to probable loss spots and could not find. Then I get all these text messages from friends saying that my email sent them something saying I had been robbed in London and needed money. So bottom line is my email account and facebook account were hacked, passwords changed, secret questions to change passwords were changed. Fuck me. All this pow still put a smile on my face as I left the lot today. At least I didn’t get hurt, but this string of bad luck was rather unprecedented.

Edit: oh yeah meadows was sweet today, but the lines were damn long. Was Crystal packed as well?
    Last edited by klauss; 04-03-2010 at 07:14 PM.

stevens was great today

Crystal was awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Crystal was great once I got away from northway and out into the southback!

Glad to hear alpy was good. High T or knoll 1 open? Wondering if tomorrow will be worth it.

Hoodoo really didn't suck today other than ski patrol was doing Avi work where there has and never will be any need for Avi work. Totally skied out the backside before it even opened but there was enough in other place to tide us over until it opened. Really wishing I could go in the morning but alas it's Easter Sunday...Get after it...best snow of the year out there right now!!!
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    baker
    was
    epic
    again

3rd chair on 6 this morning. Balls deep turns for my first 4 runs. Epic conditions all day.

And I FINALLY got to take my praxis pow boards out
    suddenly, they made perfect sense

longest continual faceshot of my lift today

Saw a mag in a blue jacket on lhasa's. Couldn't catch up
    Yes it was.

I saw you again, but didn't realize it was anyone from the board. I was riding up 6 and saw someone on praxis pows, which normally I wouldn't have even noticed, but it struck me that those would be perfect for the conditions today. If the guy on lhasas was in a steezy light blue jacket, that might have been me, although the couldn't catch up part makes me think it was white chocolate.

Chainsaw Willie, it was good to meet you today. Shoot me a pm next time you're coming up to baker.

Baker was ok today. 13" overnight and another 10" during the day made for some alright conditions, but it was a bit too deep to be fun. And it was cold which was uncomfortable. Also, the 5 min. liftlines in the morning were a bit tough to handle, but they were gone by 11 so that was ok. I kept getting snow on my goggles during a lot of turns, even in the pm, which made it hard to see, but I still managed to have some decent fun.

The highlight of the day was Gunder and his harem of tahoe jibber rad bros in the lodge this morning that dressed up for the holiday by looking like easter eggs with tall tees underneath longer than a lot of ladies dresses. It made for some good entertainment.

I was rocking the blue jacket, but was skiing on the rockers today. Did get some runs in the am with hitmanbob, and bakerboy in the afternoon. Also, I talked to Lynx in the parking lot at the end of the day (who wants to touch me?!)
    smoke crack and worship satan

Glad to hear alpy was good. High T or knoll 1 open? Wondering if tomorrow will be worth it.
    only elevator gate open today... so who knows whether the other gates will open tomorrow. i got enough of the low-hanging fruit today...going touring tomorrow.

I got first chair up 7th heaven today.

Was RIDICULOUS. Seriously... so ridiculous. I also got first chair on skyline and looking at the huge ass liftline just made me even happier that I showed up there at 745am
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Stevens Pass did kick ass today. 10in overnight and 16in last 24hr. rolled into the lot at 9am and luckily got one of the last spots in the lot across street. in the chief line at 9:10. hiking out the ridge by 9:35. face shots starting at 10am and continuing until the afternoon. we made 6 laps...3 down the mill valley side and 3 down to the hwy. great great day.. Wenatchee bowl and Big Chief trees to the hwy were just MONEY!!!!!! here are a few shots from today didn't take many as i was too busy choking on pow turns

Any Meadows reports today? I see upper mtn. And Heather were closed all day.
    Training for Alpental

24" in 24 Bachelor

Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

meadows today = shit show. 30-40min lift lines

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    meadows today = shit show. 30-40min lift lines

Glad I hit Ski Bowl last night then. I think i'll try and pick up some meadows scraps tomorrow. Hopefully easter will keep the "I go to Meadows for the terrain, but only ski the groom" crowd away for the day.
    Training for Alpental

Heard about Northway and the lines. Never did go over there. With Campbell down, what at least 3 times for maintenance? It was still some pretty sweet runs. Managed to get up before they stopped it for one of the maintenance breaks. The King delivered deep soft goodness. Best run of my season. But 14 laps is too much for me, even if I had a high speed quad all to myself. Even with the crowds, I'm glad I got up there.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch