Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1707

Thread: Snow in the PNW

Pisteoff - good to meet you too and I'll definitely let you know next time I'm headed up Baker way. Likewise if you want to hit Xtal or Stevens.

Baker was off the hook fantastically really ecstatically fkna good today.

For those of you at Xtal today - what time did Southback open? From the sounds of it Campbell was down a couple times which probably kept traffic thin back there....?

Considering lapping SB tomorrow but concerned about the Campbell chair and whether it got tracked out.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

It's easily double overhead at certain breaks the north shores in HI right now. Just saying.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

doughboyshredder Guest
    Alpy was epic epic epic.

nice pics tap...saw them on the bachelor website. SKiing has been REALLY fun lately!!!
    "Have you any idea what the street value of this mountain is?!"

They did get chair 2 running again yesterday. Alpy was epic yesterday. I hit elevator within 5 minutes after the ropes dropped and was balls deep all the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    It's easily double overhead at certain breaks the north shores in HI right now. Just saying.
    Since you don't surf double overhead I'm guessing that you are jealous. Which is funny considering how much pow and heli time you've scored this winter while managing to work on a boat in the tropics when it sucked.
    smoke crack and worship satan

Quote Originally Posted by Powaholic View Post
    I got first chair up 7th heaven today.

Was RIDICULOUS. Seriously... so ridiculous. I also got first chair on skyline and looking at the huge ass liftline just made me even happier that I showed up there at 745am
    You were on the chair by yourself, right? We were about 4-5 chairs behind you and I was wondering how you managed to grab the first chair solo. Probably had something to do with the lady in the all yellow suit that literally grabbed some dude that was in the gate already and attempted to force herself past him. She ended up eating shit in the gate and almost got trampled by the pow crazed mob behind her.

Our run down seventh was easily the best of the year, and well up there on my best ever list. Don't see snow like that up here much!

Was at Crystal yesterday, and also got stuck in the 45 min lift line... Good times.

Other than that, it was fun but I only managed to do one lap of HC as they kept closing the thing as soon as I made it over there.

Crowds were crazy, but I had a pretty damn good day considering it was April...

What a week its been! Today is a well deserved rest day after skiing 7 of the last 10 days. Met up with GHSTRCN and ferarridriver123 last weekend and monday for some deep, cold turns at crystal and alpental. Made a break for school on monday night and skied more pow at baker before the first classes of the quarter on tuesday. Had a great day of hiking on thursday in the lull between storms. Classes were skipped friday when the forecast predicted a foot and a half during the day, which delivered. And yesterday... yesterday was possibly the deepest day of the year, on par with 2nd-3rd week of november at whistler earlier this season. FKNA I LOVE MY LIFE. Being tall is cool and all but 5'7 makes the white room so much more accessible.

It was good to meet you and your friend, white chocolate. give me a holler if you see me and want to make some turns.

Meadows yesterday was ridiculous! I did 4 PR/Yoda laps in 2.5 hours, single lift line started at pole #1, had to hike for the lift line!!!

Yesterday was my 5th day this week and by far the best snow...pow pow.

I doubt Heathers will open today...patrol still can't see above and it looks socked in now. Maybe tomorrow was the crowds subside???

Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate View Post
    Since you don't surf double overhead I'm guessing that you are jealous. Which is funny considering how much pow and heli time you've scored this winter while managing to work on a boat in the tropics when it sucked.
    As I told one of Gunder's easter bunnies yesterday, I'm only kind of fussed about missing the end of the season.

BTW I said the waves were DOH on the North Shores. I live on the westside, and the slightly smaller waves are still perfect.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by saukit View Post
    You were on the chair by yourself, right? We were about 4-5 chairs behind you and I was wondering how you managed to grab the first chair solo. Probably had something to do with the lady in the all yellow suit that literally grabbed some dude that was in the gate already and attempted to force herself past him. She ended up eating shit in the gate and almost got trampled by the pow crazed mob behind her.

Our run down seventh was easily the best of the year, and well up there on my best ever list. Don't see snow like that up here much!
    Yep I was on the chair by myself. I was first in line anyways and when the lady was yelling I just kept on going to the chair. Managed to barely squeak on the chair and no one else was with me so I got first chair all to myself

The run down 7th was easily the best of the year. Soooooo deep. Corona Bowl a couple minutes later wasn't too bad either
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    How's the weather been out there? We'll be heading to Kauai next Saturday.

Epic pow one weekend and at the beach the next. I can handle your lifestyle!

Quote Originally Posted by powholic View Post
    Meadows yesterday was ridiculous! I did 4 PR/Yoda laps in 2.5 hours, single lift line started at pole #1, had to hike for the lift line!!!

Yesterday was my 5th day this week and by far the best snow...pow pow.

I doubt Heathers will open today...patrol still can't see above and it looks socked in now. Maybe tomorrow was the crowds subside???

Perfect!
    It opened today, Twilight down. Cascade was looking like it wasn't going to happen. It was a fucking SHIT SHOW when the gate dropped. I did one run, and then went and found some tree's to get lost in.

Tuesday is looking to be prime. I already have the day off. Can't wait. I'll be at HRM early.
    Training for Alpental

Ridiculously windy at Crystal today, not what I saw in the forecast at all. Forecast I saw said S-SE winds 25-30 and it was E-NE at 40+ with gusts over 70. Campbell closed right about 11 am after they loaded the last of the freeride competitors. Those guys would've had one helluva cold ride up as they were running the chair about as slow as it would go and it was getting hammered. They also had to get to the top of the King in what was basically white-out conditions that felt like being inside a shot-blasting cabinet. Anyone know if they were able to run the competition?

Almost blew me off my feet traversing from the top of Rex to Green Valley. This pic of my buddy Chris pretty much sums up the day:

Some decent but heavily wind-buffed snow on Exterminator and lower part of Niagaras.

On the upside, the crowds disappeared by noon and it was ski right up to the lift everywhere.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

This was the best storm of the season and getting Wednesday (very good), Friday (epic), and Saturday (epic x infinity), Saturday made my best day of the year.

Friday though, i had an epic fail coming down a chute from the top of God's (the one you can see from the cat track). I hiked into the top of the line right behind ski patrol and we checked out the line/conditions. They knocked off one piece of cornice which released the 7'' of cover over ice/rock scarab that was on my intended line so i took the one next to it and after my first turn, my left ski hung up and ejected, leaving me to take a 5 footer on one ski. So i dumped it, and began a 300' slide down the constant 50+ pitch, finally catching myself on a small sapling, with a big sluff trail piling up on top of me. My poles were lost underneath all of it. so i finished the line w/ a broken binding and no poles.... Awesome. Luckily i came out ok, and finished a great day.

Saturday I was balls deep in a secret stash of pillow lines that made the season. I didn't even feel like getting out of bet this morning.

You should have. clark canyon and s&r/yoda were retahded today. Far less people up there today compared with yesterday, and I agree, yesterday was indeed epic x infinity. Private & Steel FTW.

That lineup dropping into Heather today was one of the more fun times I've had on le Hood. Woulda made some awesome footage if someone filmed that 100 person race to the bottom.

Cascade was close to opening in the AM, spinning, but no dice after more snow blew in. Damn snow.

Wish I had a sick day to spend. Jesus this IS a sickness.
    L-I-V-I-N. Livin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Powaholic View Post
    Yep I was on the chair by myself. I was first in line anyways and when the lady was yelling I just kept on going to the chair. Managed to barely squeak on the chair and no one else was with me so I got first chair all to myself

The run down 7th was easily the best of the year. Soooooo deep. Corona Bowl a couple minutes later wasn't too bad either
    Nice! That's exactly what we did. It did not suck.

Quote Originally Posted by saukit View Post
    Nice! That's exactly what we did. It did not suck.
    Yeah it was basically how you could describe "the anti-suck" haha. Were you in a red jacket and black helmet or black jacket and silver helmet? Cause I only saw two skiers on 7th while I was going down so imagine they were right behind me?

edit: here is my footage from yesterday, I love me some powder!

Last edited by Powaholic; 04-04-2010 at 09:14 PM.
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsHood View Post
    You should have. clark canyon and s&r/yoda were retahded today. Far less people up there today compared with yesterday, and I agree, yesterday was indeed epic x infinity. Private & Steel FTW.

That lineup dropping into Heather today was one of the more fun times I've had on le Hood. Woulda made some awesome footage if someone filmed that 100 person race to the bottom.

Cascade was close to opening in the AM, spinning, but no dice after more snow blew in. Damn snow.

Wish I had a sick day to spend. Jesus this IS a sickness.
    That drop into heather today was pretty sweet, the resulting lift line was not. Cascade opened just before 3 today. They actually opened Heather up to Gold then as well, nice way to end the day, untouched pow run.

Well happy easter! Alpental today = amazing. Opened the nash gate around ten and it was deeeep out there! Windy at the top of chair 2 and piss pass, but short lift lines allowed for six epic runs in the bc before getting back for easter dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate View Post

I was rocking the blue jacket, but was skiing on the rockers today. Did get some runs in the am with hitmanbob, and bakerboy in the afternoon. Also, I talked to Lynx in the parking lot at the end of the day (who wants to touch me?!)
    I was standing in line behind you on Ch 6 with the Norrona suit and Surface Live Lifes.

Fuck it was ridiculous. So good, but I had to leave around 11 because I managed to bung up my leg pretty good.

Was so pissed to leave because it was amazing. Still pissed cuz I`m sitting here, not able to go ski, but get to hear how awesome it is. There's always other pow days.

So I'm looking at telemetry from other ski areas and nowhere else in the Central/Southern WA Cascades (Stevens, Alpy) saw the winds that Crystal got. WTF?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    So I'm looking at telemetry from other ski areas and nowhere else in the Central/Southern WA Cascades (Stevens, Alpy) saw the winds that Crystal got. WTF?!?!?!?
    Windy, yes. Read here:

http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing...?topic=16254.0