Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What happened to the what the fuck- Scientology thread?

Andy can post stuff about questionable business practices of Neptune's, but somebody speaks out against a far more sinister business operating as a front for a cult and taking advantage of job hunters and then gets banned and has the thread deleted?

Seriously, what the fuck?

It was "disappeared". Same thing'll happen to you if you keep asking.

Be scared....be vary scared.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

that's not the usual TGR m.o. as we all know - but I wouldn't be all that surprised if they had already shipped a lovely C&D over to the forum owners...and while TGR doesn't have to remove it, they probably just don't want to deal with the crap from it / them. I don't blame them for that. those guys are real pains in the asses about this stuff.

You want to ruin their reputation? Or at least get the word out? Submit a complaint to the BBB, post your story on ripoffreport.com, yelp.com, citysearch.com, http://cityvoter.com/, superpages.com, post it on twitter...
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

We have enough rants around here.
    Already full.
    Thanks.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    They threatened to send Isaac Hayes over to spit in Advres face
    Last edited by skifishbum; 09-17-2009 at 10:16 AM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I heard advres was going to have to sample his gigantic chocolate salty ballz.

I am just here to get my post count back up after the deletion.... Scientology and the L. Ron Hubbard you rode in on

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Scientology=Weak Sauce

If any religion, philosophy, business, political stance, etc cannot debate their critics with sound logic backing their stance and instead uses muscle power to silence them, then it has no real validity.

How can you claim that you have anything good to say, if all you ever do is silence critics.

LAME

PS Tom Cruise is totally in the closet and your religion is a pyramid scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

I still need one more post to break even so again Wise/Sterling/Scientology and all the assbags associated with them.

Okay, I'm done now

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    If any religion ... cannot debate their critics with sound logic ... then it has no real validity.
    I thought religions relied on faith, not proof and logic?

Call Tom Martino.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Xenu deleted it.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide View Post
    but I wouldn't be all that surprised if they had already shipped a lovely C&D over to the forum owners...and while TGR doesn't have to remove it, they probably just don't want to deal with the crap from it / them. I don't blame them for that. those guys are real pains in the asses about this stuff.
    Yep........

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I thought religions relied on faith, not proof and logic?
    Well for the most part they do, but even the most evangelical "the world is only 6,000 years old, evolution is a lie" branches of Christianity will at least offer a counterpoint to their detractors. Granted I may not usually agree with their counterpoint which is usually, "we believe this because it's our faith, the "evidence and facts" are merely there to test our beliefs", I do respect them greatly for standing behind their belief when questioned. That shows true belief and the potential for validity in their beliefs.

Scientologists running away from any argument to me just says "hey I got suckered out of some cash, I want some money back, I'm going to keep this pyramid rolling".

So sue me Scientology because I believe you are a scam and I flex my 1st amendment rights to say so.

willful ignorance is not a virtue

people who admire it are facilitators

Posting here to see what happens.

Jobsearcher, I've been looking for a full-time job for after graduation, and now your Scientology () interview story creeps into my mind every time I read a posting that sounds to good to be true...

Wait who got banned and what thread got deleted?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Jobsearcher, can you post what you originally wrote on the other Scientology thread? We won't out you.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Wait who got banned and what thread got deleted?

Read the title (Hint: [ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2515793#post2515793"]What happened to the what the fuck- Scientology thread?)[/ame]

And I am assuming that since the OP is jobsearcher1, his original name of jobsearcher has been banned...

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Jobsearcher, can you post what you originally wrote on the other Scientology thread? We won't out you.
    I'll post it, but only with permission from Advers- don't want him to ban my normal user name. I also don't want TGR to be liable for an claims of defamation, no matter how frivolous they may be.

Story goes, I had an interview at a company claiming to be a software firm. They were affiliated with Scientology and quite possibly a front for scientology recruitment. Things got really strange when they tried to coerce me into taking part in a scientology based "screening" as a requirement for moving on in the hiring process. I questioned this, and they freaked out on me. I then left.

The company is affiliated with the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises (WISE), part of the church of scientology.

More info here- http://stop-wise.biz/

Quote Originally Posted by jobsearcher1 View Post
    I'll post it, but only with permission from Advers- don't want him to ban my normal user name. I also don't want TGR to be liable for an claims of defamation, no matter how frivolous they may be.

Story goes, I had an interview at a company claiming to be a software firm. They were affiliated with Scientology and quite possibly a front for scientology recruitment. Things got really strange when they tried to coerce me into taking part in a scientology based "screening" as a requirement for moving on in the hiring process. I questioned this, and they freaked out on me. I then left.

The company is affiliated with the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises (WISE), part of the church of scientology.

More info here- http://stop-wise.biz/
    heh - my company internet filter blocks that link as "The Websense category "Non-Traditional Religions and Occult and Folklore" is filtered."

thank god they haven't blocked TGR yet

Quote Originally Posted by tex1230 View Post
    heh - my company internet filter blocks that link as "The Websense category "Non-Traditional Religions and Occult and Folklore" is filtered."

thank god they haven't blocked TGR yet
    Do you work at Fowler Software?

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Do you work at Fowler Software?
    I must have missed that one...wtf is the fowler software thing about?

It was a fun thread in which I happily participated. But if you really want to give them a good fisting you'll probably get more bang for your anti-Fowler sentiments outside a forum on a ski chat board, anyway.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle