Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-13-77

Happy veneta day, everybody!

5-13-77

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    what? wait a minute....
    Apps called "listen to the dead".

I will dig through shows for 15 minutes. With the app I hit random show and I am jamming. No back and forth on should I go spring '78, or winter '73.

Pretty cool app!

If you like free Dead podcasts, check out Dead Show of the Month & The Deadpod.

DSOTM is released the start of every month with a whole show & intermission having some clip of another band. The Deadpod is every Friday with the first set the first week & the second set the following week.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

12-30-1989 popped up on the random show on my morning walk. Here's a archive link to the show but not the source i listened to

https://archive.org/details/gd1989-1...069.sbeok.shnf

Killer second set

Jack Straw
    China Cat Sunflower>
    I Know You Rider>
    Estimated Prophet>
    Terrapin Station>
    Drums>
    Space>
    I Will Take You Home>
    The Other One>
    Standing On The Moon>
    One More Saturday Night

It's All Over Now, Baby Blue

http://deadshowofthemonth.podbean.co...otm-94-102971/

My request to Dead Show of the Month became reality, actually I have had two requests become show on that podcast (the other was RFK June '73 where the Allman Brother & Dead jammed together), is from 1971-10-29. Keith's third show with the band.

Allan Theatre Cleveland, OH SET 1: Truckin', Sugaree, El Paso, Loser, Playin' in the Band, Brown Eyed Women, Beat It On Down The Line, Brokedown Palace, Jack Straw, Tennessee Jed, Mexicali Blues, Big Railroad Blues, Casey Jones HALF-TIME: (The Paper Crowns Live & In Studio) Feel Good Song, Devil Went Down, Rain Comes, Testify Testify SET 2: Cryptical Envelopment > Drums > Other One > Me & My Uncle > Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > Deal, Sugar Magnolia, Ramble On Rose, Not Fade Away > GDTRFB > Not Fade Away, One More Saturday Night

Enjoy.

5-13-77

Enjoying the 12/30/89 at work today. Damn fine memories of that one! Haven't listened to it on a long time.

And

Dave from DS of the month PC has done a nice job recently. That's a great show y brought in above! I dig how that guy goes all over the place. Not every show he picks is super tight. Some even have some disasters. That's what the band was though. I kinda like listening to some of the less than stellar shows from all years. It's fun to hear the guys pull themselves out of trouble. That was something I noticed at shows more than listening, years later. Recently, it's been fun to rediscover their ability to go from not-so-good to really fuckin great. Sometimes it happens within a song. Other times it ebbs and flows through em entire show.

I find this guy picks some shows that make it fun to listen for that. Well worth tuning in if you don't already.

I'll just leave this here:

Grateful Dead - Wake Up to Find Out: Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY 3/29/1990

http://dropcanvas.com/5sy30/1

Disc 1:
    01. Jack Straw (6:16)
    02. Bertha (6:59)
    03. We Can Run (6:04)
    04. Ramble On Rose (8:08)
    05. When I Paint My Masterpiece (6:02)
    06. Bird Song (13:06)
    07. Promised Land (4:47)

Disc 2:
    01. Eyes Of The World (16:34)
    02. Estimated Prophet (14:48)
    03. Dark Star (18:20)
    04. Drums (10:23)

Disc 3:
    01. Space (7:53)
    02. Dark Star (2:46)
    03. The Wheel (4:24)
    04. Throwing Stones (9:25)
    05. Turn On Your Lovelight (7:41)
    06. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (8:25)
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

^ This Bird Song is unreal, and then the Eyes-> Prophet->DS are mind blowing. The quality of the recording is beyond anything from the Dave's series (which I love)

That Branford show is insane, I have had it for years. From what I read the second set had no written set list to go by. They traded off & played what seemed good song to song. Good it was, actually it was way more than good. It is one of my top 10-15 shows & my iTunes has every Dave's, Dick's picks, almost every other official releases, plus a crazy amount of stuff from Archive.org. My friends love it when they copy music from my external hard drive.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/50...1975-10-30.zip

Jerry Garcia Band
    Colden Auditorium (Queens College), Queens, NY
    10-30-1975

Taper:
    Gerry Moskal
    Sony Stereo ECM -->SONY TCD126
    Transfer:
    Gerry Moskal
    Master Cassette Transfer->RR ->Cassette
    Transfer/SHN Conversion
    Brian Mandel gdplusmore@aol.com
    Cassette Transfer Nakamichi BX300-> Macintosh ->Peak Bias->JAM->cdr->EAC->MKW->shn
    Circulation:
    7-11-08

Disc 1
    Set 1
    1. Let It Rock
    2. Sugaree
    3. That's All Right, Mama
    4. Catfish John
    5. Hopkins Banter Exchange with Audience
    6. Pig's Boogie
    7. I'll Take A Melody
    8. Money Honey

Disc 2
    Set 1 Continued
    1. I'm A Road Runner
    Set 2
    2. It's No Use
    3. Russian Lullaby
    4. That's What Love Will Make You Do
    5. Friend Of The Devil
    6. Hopkins Instrumental ->Tuning

Disc 3
    Set 2 Continued
    1. Mission In The Rain
    2. Mystery Train
    3. Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
    4. Let's Spend The Night Together >
    5. Edward

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -
    " Another Taper Named Gerry Project"

Notes:
    * Special Thanks to Gerry for Taping this and sharing his masters with me, these were transferd from Gerry's Reel's in the Mid 1980's when tape trading & collecting had a social aspect to it. If you are familiar with Hot Tuna 5-8-74 Gym S.U.N.Y. Stonybrook, NY , Gerry Taped it as well as many other great shows..
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Did anyone order the Spring '90 TOO box?

Nice. The Nassau show. Hittin the stride!

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    Did anyone order the Spring '90 TOO box?
    It's waiting for me at the PO. Mine might be an short version due to it being on a deal through a past part time radio gig I had. Still fired up either way!

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    It's waiting for me at the PO. Mine might be an short version due to it being on a deal through a past part time radio gig I had. Still fired up either way!
    Got it, the new box set. So far, so good. I have Spring '90 #1, Spring '90 #2, & Terrapin Limited. I am listening to the whole tour chronologically, you hear the improvements show by show. The sound quality of this box set is damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Altaholic View Post
    Got it, the new box set. So far, so good. I have Spring '90 #1, Spring '90 #2, & Terrapin Limited. I am listening to the whole tour chronologically, you hear the improvements show by show. The sound quality of this box set is damn good.
    I got mine too. Got through the first show listening via DJ headphones and giving it another go on my desktop camper speakers today. The mix is really good. A little heavy on Garcia's vocals and both drum kits were a little lost for some of the first set but pretty nice! A few dead spots but that's to be expected. Stoked to have it! Lots of great music. Brings back fond and hazy memories!

They went the extra mile to please the GD collector on this one. The fake ticket stubs etc.., are a little much for my taste and $ but I can see people digging the nostalgic feeling of it. It definitely sparked interest in looking for my old stub collection buried in my folks basement next time I visit. Prolly have a few stubs from this run. It gonna take some time to get through all this but for starters it's cool. There are some high quality mixes of some of these shows on archive but if you want the goods, it's prolly worth getting your hands on this one way or the other.

Rideit - come take a few shows of you want.

Anyone else using Archivist app not able to load Phil shows? Started a couple weeks ago, says there's 1750 of them but can't access them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Anyone else using Archivist app not able to load Phil shows? Started a couple weeks ago, says there's 1750 of them but can't access them anymore.
    I can't load em either.

^ Haven't tried in a week or so but same here.

Want a ripper?

Listen to this one, standing at the bar 50 feet away guzzling drafts while they tore this off.....

https://archive.org/details/dso2011-12-31

* The Eleven just crushes it.

Anyone notice the countdown clock on dead.net? 84 days and counting.

Any ideas?

I know its new years, just seeing if anything else is up

50th anni, brah.
    hopefully a wicked, furthur w/ billy and mickey tour!
    and Aldo, i'm stoked to see DSO at the Calvin in hippy central, Northampton, MA in December.
    last show i caught with Jeff Mattson, was pure fire!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yeah I knew that was hoping someone had real info. I not sure we'll ever see Phil and Billy on the same stage for a whole tour.

On a side note I'm going to see Joe Russos Almost Dead saturady at the Ogden anyone else in Denver going?
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    50th anni, brah.
    hopefully a wicked, furthur w/ billy and mickey tour!
    and Aldo, i'm stoked to see DSO at the Calvin in hippy central, Northampton, MA in December.
    last show i caught with Jeff Mattson, was pure fire!

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    Yeah I knew that was hoping someone had real info. I not sure we'll ever see Phil and Billy on the same stage for a whole tour.

On a side note I'm going to see Joe Russos Almost Dead saturady at the Ogden anyone else in Denver going?
    um, okay?
    crab in my shoe mouth