Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-13-77

https://archive.org/details/gd70-01-...120.sbeok.shnf

I tried to listen to some 89-90 stuff while its near and dear from so many shows seen in the period, I started listening to a dark star from miami in 89, well i just had to stop and go back to the benchmark years above. I could listen to the eleven elevent times in a row....

This might be a repeat from me but I sure did enjoy it yesterday.

https://archive.org/details/gd1981-0...2.sbeok.flac16

I really like HS work on this one. The quality is up and down but when things align, it's off the hook. The first set is good. Loser and Let It Grow are both excellent. The JS is a little off but it's a show opener. The second set shines. Shakedown is fantastic, Terrapin is on point. I really dig the NFA on this recording too. All together, a really great '81 showing.
    Last edited by schwerty; 07-09-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Might as well...

https://archive.org/details/gd1976-1...0.sbeok.flac16

Great show for a weekend evening. Turn it up.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Might as well...

https://archive.org/details/gd1976-1...0.sbeok.flac16

Great show for a weekend evening. Turn it up.
    Great show, and this version is extra sexy with the Charlie Miller treatment. The Shrine never seemed to disappoint.

wut-wut, anyone doing Meet Up at the Movies?
    im heading down to the Hampshire Mall, to see it in the digital HD theater.
    this one looks redonk.
    wut say you, freaks?
    http://www.fathomevents.com/event/gr...he-movies-2014
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    wut-wut, anyone doing Meet Up at the Movies?
    im heading down to the Hampshire Mall, to see it in the digital HD theater.
    this one looks redonk.
    wut say you, freaks?
    http://www.fathomevents.com/event/gr...he-movies-2014
    working on logistics as we speak north of Denver... already committed to another event but working on excuses to the wife to get me out of it....

If there is anyone on the teton area that wants to go to Idaho Falls to see it, I'd go. (Paging Rideit)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    working on logistics as we speak north of Denver... already committed to another event but working on excuses to the wife to get me out of it....
    I would do Denver but I'm in San Diego for a convention.

Any heads out here want to meet up. I'm staying in the Gaslamp Quarter

If there is anyone on the teton area that wants to go to Idaho Falls to see it, I'd go. (Paging Rideit)
    i think rideit went to Hampshire College, he can relate to the western Mass freak scene, it should be a good party!
    crab in my shoe mouth

I heard it was fantastic! Didn't get to see it.

On another note.... The Panic performance at TRI was very well done. They played to a room that didn't have expectations. Very relaxed. If you dig WSP and they make it available again, check it out.

it really was fantastic!
    sound and picture were perfect in Hadley, MA.
    it's easy to forget just how much charisma the boys had, rock&roll royalty.
    Jerry strutting about in Levi's and leather, total badass!!
    the 'second' version of Playing is next level, Jerry never looks at the neck of his Strat, looks directly into the camera and absolutely shreds!
    goose bumps and whatnot.
    just a really cool soundcheck like atmosphere, everyone loose and happy.
    Pigpen and Jerry with the 'green towel', Keith actually laughing and smiling. good stuff!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Figured I throw this out there, being summer. Any one want to do some old school show trading. I have a 500-800 (I can't count that high) mp3s and over 100 FLAC shows. I can fill up an old 100gb harddrive if anyone is interested.

5-13-77

You guys are slacking.

Dave's picks vol. 11 was released since this thread was last posted in. I know, most of you use Archive or other sources as do I but this is another very well mixed winner. First set is good with an excellent Bird Song and Box. I'm not a big fan of Box of Rain unless it's exceptional. I think this one is. The second set is really good. Trucking > other one is phenomenal! The mix elevates this better than anything I could find out there...go figure.

The quality is again, top notch.

Edit: 11/17/72 Wichita, KS

i think rideit went to Hampshire College, he can relate to the western Mass freak scene, it should be a good party!
    I went to Syracuse. But tripped my balls off once at Hampshire...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I will second that Dave's Picks 11 show from fall '72. It is a sweet one, can't wait for the Spring 1990 The Other One box set next month. Spring '90 is a very underrated tour. So many good shows in that tour including the 3-29-90 Branford & Dead show from Uniondale, NY.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

You guys are slacking.

Dave's picks vol. 11 was released since this thread was last posted in. I know, most of you use Archive or other sources as do I but this is another very well mixed winner. First set is good with an excellent Bird Song and Box. I'm not a big fan of Box of Rain unless it's exceptional. I think this one is. The second set is really good. Trucking > other one is phenomenal! The mix elevates this better than anything I could find out there...go figure.

The quality is again, top notch.

Edit: 11/17/72 Wichita, KS
    I didn't feel Dave's 11 was worth a bump. A soundboard only with zero crowd interaction, I thought it was a good recording, but; kind of let down from the previous releases.

The Spring 90 TOO should be better than solid, if you can stomach the price. etree had a poor mans Spring 90 TOO version of the shows up a few weeks ago until Bobby pulled it. The first spring 90 box was fan-fuckin-tastic, I expect this to be great as well.

It will be great with the remaster I'm sure but I have most of the shows already and with decent+ quality so it will be hard to justify stomaching the $ based on that.

On a separate but related note, am I the only one that thinks the 90 Euro tour produced some great shows (Zenith, Wembley especially) that don't get a lot of mention? A low stress, random tour in front of small crowds that showcased Jerry and Bruce constantly challenging each other musically with the rest of the band seemingly very content to just roll with it.

You are not alone by any means.... Let the good times roll!

https://archive.org/details/gd90-10-...892.sbeok.shnf

meh on '90.
    hated Jerry and his midi fascination, flute, trumpet ,fucking oboe, no thanks.
    '85 for ever!
    crab in my shoe mouth

A new Grateful Dead smartphone app came out that is like Archive.org but made for smartphones. You search with ease for shows.

Just type in Grateful Dead app & you'll find it. The have ones for Phish & a few other jam bands as well. They are all free.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Altaholic View Post
    A new Grateful Dead smartphone app came out that is like Archive.org but made for smartphones. You search with ease for shows.

Just type in Grateful Dead app & you'll find it. The have ones for Phish & a few other jam bands as well. They are all free.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
    I love it, they have a random show button. Makes my mind up for me

meh on '90.
    hated Jerry and his midi fascination, flute, trumpet ,fucking oboe, no thanks.
    '85 for ever!
    Very different times but can't argue with you on 85 over 90. Hornsby made it interesting for a few years and kept Jerry on his toes and pushed him in ways nobody but Brent could and probably more so musically. As far as the midi stuff, monotonous at times definitely (enter sax in Estimated), but worked well at other times to create fresh jams that kept the band moving forward post Brent...at least for a short period before everything started to crumble and Phish shows became the better option by far on a night by night basis.

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    I didn't feel Dave's 11 was worth a bump. A soundboard only with zero crowd interaction, I thought it was a good recording, but; kind of let down from the previous releases.

The Spring 90 TOO should be better than solid, if you can stomach the price. etree had a poor mans Spring 90 TOO version of the shows up a few weeks ago until Bobby pulled it. The first spring 90 box was fan-fuckin-tastic, I expect this to be great as well.
    Yeah. I'm not saying it's as good as some of the others but I'm a fan of sbd's and that other one is damn fine IMO. I wasn't that blown away by the rest of it. As mentioned, some other notable stuff but I agree that it wasn't his hrs pick. Still, something that I probably wouldn't have given much thought to if it had not been released.

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    I love it, they have a random show button. Makes my mind up for me
    what? wait a minute....