Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ON3P Skis presale will end 11:59 PM, September 30th

Figured it would just be easier to post this in a new thread. While I would love to offer presale pricing on our skis for the rest of the season, just not fair to those who ordered our skis early. So on Wednesday, September 30th, our presale will end.

Just to reiterate what we are offering....

Construction - more details on the site but basically.....
    -Bamboo Core
    -UHMW sidewalls and tipspacers
    -22oz glass + biaxial/uniglass on certain models
    -3" carbon string above the core
    -Chip resistent nylon topsheet
    -2.5mm wide edges
    -1.8mm thick 4001 base material
    -VDS Rubber over edge and sidewalls/tipspacers for improved bonding and vibration dampening
    -Fiberglass mounting mat
    -Skis hotboxed before shipment

We are offering the following skis.... http://on3pskis.com/?page_id=22
    191cm Great Scott - 145/126/130 - Retail $649, Presale - $499

191cm/181cm/171cm Caylor - 148/120/140 - Retail $649, Presale - $499

191cm/181cm Wrenegade - 141/113/128 - Retail $599, Presale - $449

186cm/176cm Billy Goat - 140/115/120 - Retail $599, Presale - $449

181cm/171cm Jeronimo - 126/96/120 - Retail $549, Presale - $399

181cm/171cm Blue Steele - 113/85/113 - Retail $499, Presale - $349

I will say right now that 186cm Billy Goat is almost sold out. We might be placing another materials order for Billy goat stuff, but we shall see.

If you have any questions, you can always contact me at scott@on3pskis.com. I am pretty swamped right now, but doing my best to answer everyone questions.

Thanks
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

one step closer to fondling my wrens

How much does shipping usually run per pair?

Sorry, to Colorado?

Any guess on the weight of the Wren's? 191cm?
    He who has the most fun wins!

Why must you continue to tempt me??

Is it because I come from the Land Of Plenty?

Trying to scrape together funds for 186 Billy Goats this week. $449 is such a screaming deal I can't resist. Hope they last till the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    I can weight mine protos next week (wednesday or thursday when I pick them up and find a decent scale). Whatever the weight comes out to, the production models will definitely be lighter as mine are a stiffer version with heeps of extra epoxy (2 pair out of the press).

Quote Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
    Trying to scrape together funds for 186 Billy Goats this week. $449 is such a screaming deal I can't resist. Hope they last till the end of the month.
    x2

bump

Fock.

Wish I could scrape up the coinage for some Billy Goats by the end of this month. I was keeping my eye on the other thread to see when you guys would be shutting the pre-sale down, it's just outta reach for me. Oh well, I get a set of sticks from you guys sometime soon!

Congrats on running through 186's, that's awesome that you guys have done so well while you're young!

Quote Originally Posted by COpow View Post
    How much does shipping usually run per pair?

Sorry, to Colorado?
    $30.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Just went down to confirm the weights I got last year on the wrens. My pair, which is very close to production, came it at...

left ski - 2300 grams or 5.07 lbs
    right ski - 2302 grams

So basically 4.6kg or 10.14 lbs per pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Why must you continue to tempt me??

Is it because I come from the Land Of Plenty?
    Sorry about that.

Plus more rocker and taper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    x2

bump
    just curious but wren or billy goat?

Short answer, Billy goat.

But I'd really like to buy both. Having skied the Wren and owning the xxl I certainly prefer the wren however quite frankly there's a bit of a price diff between selling a twice drilled xxl w/some core shots and two new pair of your sticks.

Primarily I'm missing a Pow specific ski in my current quiver, vacated by some Praxis Powders. Initially I thought Great Scott but at my age (old) and ski hill (Bridger) I think they would kick my ass and the BG will round me out nicely. Plenty of billy-goatin' around these parts. I'm close to getting the bank (old-lady) to give me the go-ahead

Also, super-stoked you've come this far and sorry we couldn't be a bigger part of your project. If those Wrens are still around town I'd be more than happy to share them with more folks in the BB herd this year! Let me know if I can be of any help.

Either way congrats Scott and to all others this guys skis rock-buy em!!

If those Wrens are still around town I'd be more than happy to share them with more folks in the BB herd this year! Let me know if I can be of any help.

They are sitting next to me in my apartment right now, except instead of having the 155's they now have demo bindings so anyone can try them out whenever.

I'm an east coaster looking for a bamf ski

Mainly my concern is that I live in NJ and do weekend trips to vermont as often as possible, as well as 1 or 2 trips out to colorado a year. I need a ski that can handle the icy conditions of the " ice coast " as well as the tight trees we have here. I was looking at the Jeronimo's in the 181's mainly cause of the size of the tip, waist, and tail. I'm afraid my ability to ski a taller ski with a more burly waist will be hindered by my conditions i ski on a weekly basis. I do ride a lot of park, mainly because we don't have anything challenging within 4 hours from my house. Any input on this issue i have? I really would like to support ON3P and ride something no one else has out here. My quiver is stacked, but i can always make room for more! I have found that the Big Troubles are my stick of choice as of now, but i want to add/change that!

Mike

But I'd really like to buy both. Having skied the Wren and owning the xxl I certainly prefer the wren however quite frankly there's a bit of a price diff between selling a twice drilled xxl w/some core shots and two new pair of your sticks.

Primarily I'm missing a Pow specific ski in my current quiver, vacated by some Praxis Powders. Initially I thought Great Scott but at my age (old) and ski hill (Bridger) I think they would kick my ass and the BG will round me out nicely. Plenty of billy-goatin' around these parts. I'm close to getting the bank (old-lady) to give me the go-ahead

Also, super-stoked you've come this far and sorry we couldn't be a bigger part of your project. If those Wrens are still around town I'd be more than happy to share them with more folks in the BB herd this year! Let me know if I can be of any help.

Either way congrats Scott and to all others this guys skis rock-buy em!!
    I definitely feel you on that. Even at presale pricing it is a lot of cash to drop. By the sound of it, you would enjoy the Billy Goat a lot for picking around Bridger.

As far as being involved - what more can I ask but for people to give our skis a chance and help improve them over the years. We obviously have our own product testers, but it is awesome to get such good feedback from all the people on here. We want to make the best skis we possibly can, so the more feedback we are able to gather, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by kucsan View Post
    Mainly my concern is that I live in NJ and do weekend trips to vermont as often as possible, as well as 1 or 2 trips out to colorado a year. I need a ski that can handle the icy conditions of the " ice coast " as well as the tight trees we have here. I was looking at the Jeronimo's in the 181's mainly cause of the size of the tip, waist, and tail. I'm afraid my ability to ski a taller ski with a more burly waist will be hindered by my conditions i ski on a weekly basis. I do ride a lot of park, mainly because we don't have anything challenging within 4 hours from my house. Any input on this issue i have? I really would like to support ON3P and ride something no one else has out here. My quiver is stacked, but i can always make room for more! I have found that the Big Troubles are my stick of choice as of now, but i want to add/change that!

Mike
    Sorry to take so long writing you back. I did so in the other ON3P thread. If you have more questions, just let me know.

With your pair, there will be at least 3 BGs out in the "herd" this year. At this rate, the BG is on its way to becoming THE official ski of Bridger ...

are either the 186 billy goats or 191 caylors still available? I'm debating between these two how playful are the caylors? I know this is me wanting too much from a ski but I would love for it to be playful quick but also be able to point it straight and send it. I read that the billy goat makes a pretty good AT ski as well how about the caylors?
    Carry on my wayward son...

Quote Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
    With your pair, there will be at least 3 BGs out in the "herd" this year. At this rate, the BG is on its way to becoming THE official ski of Bridger ...
    Haha, if I can convince my gf to spend her beloved money on something awesome there might be 4 total...

I'm also trying to convince Hi Fi to get some great scotts. That way I'm not the only one getting my ass kicked strait down the bronco mogul face.

Quote Originally Posted by huckster989 View Post
    are either the 186 billy goats or 191 caylors still available? I'm debating between these two how playful are the caylors? I know this is me wanting too much from a ski but I would love for it to be playful quick but also be able to point it straight and send it. I read that the billy goat makes a pretty good AT ski as well how about the caylors?
    I just ordered a lot more 186cm Billy goat material, so we have a much larger capacity for that size now. Everything else is still available.

Caylors are definitely pretty playful. They are softer than the Billy goat and a lot more rockered. The taper of the BG definitely adds a lot to their playfulness, but the caylors are definitely playful as well.

I think as a pow farming touring ski, caylor would be fine. Do remember you would be skinning with a lot of rocker though. They are light for their size compared to heavy beasts like bents....but still a lot of ski to be hauling up the mountain. Definitely something that would be better for slackcountry that longer, more sustained touring.

And If you want something that is quick but can point it, 191cm caylor does that better than the billy goat. 191cm caylor can definitely charge and if you valuing that, it is the ski I would look towards.

Figured I'd come out of lurking when I saw this thread. Might as well register if I'm gonna be ridin' Maggot-Made boards. Glad to have been able to pick out some Great Scotts before the deal closes.

Can't wait to get on 'em.
    Thank you iggyskier and crew!

trigger pulled on 176 BG's ;D Tried to resist but the spare set of bindings I had kicking around were begging for new skis.

Now I just need a caddy to schlepp around the quiver.
    Last edited by wizard604; 09-20-2009 at 08:32 PM.

Trigger=pulled

Should make it easier to recognize some of you k00ks!

I'm still working on sweet talking a couple more people into buying some skis, so there might be a few more pairs at Bridger this year. Maybe the little skiff we just got in the mountains will help get people's minds going...

Aenigma - I'd love to give the Wren's a dance up at BB at some point this season. Can't do the presale, but talking to Lexi definitely got me thinking about giving some on3p's some more serious thought. Maybe a little Christmas gift to myself?? Hmmm....

I am sure that can be arranged as long as there isn't a snow-related conflict of interest. I'm in school though, so there should be plenty of opportunity for them to be demoed. Feel free to PM me if you want to check them out though, as far as I know I have the only pair in the area.

I guess they will be everywhere

I ordered a set a couple weeks ago. They will be mounted with small dukes, The right mag can certainly try them.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025