Wasatch Powder Skis year 2

This year, we will be back witha full line-up of DPS, PM Gear, Moment and Volkl Skis. I am working to try to get a few pair of S7s, as well.
    The new and improved website is up. Check it out at www.wasatchpowderskis.com and let me know what you think. Your comments, suggestions are appreciated.

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Good Luck, Carmen & Dibs!

The website looks much better this year. Nice.
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

The site looks a lot better this year. I have a couple of recommendations.

Separate the logo pic from your phone number and business description. Then it will be picked up in search engines.
    Your business description is much too small. The service you provide is much more important than your name at this time.

If I gloss over your site, which was the first thing I did, I really didn't know what you were selling until I reached the bottom of the page. I missed the description below your logo the first two looks. I had no interest in reading all the small text of why your service rocks because I needed to know what service you were offering first. So if a visitor misses the small description under the logo, as i did, then there is no mention of ski rentals until the end of the first paragraph of small text. Not until the bottom of the page is there large text giving me a clue of what your service is. And then it's only "Rent your skis today" which doesn't do any justice to boast that you do much more than just rent skis.

In a nutshell... prominently display a one-liner of your service & nitche at the top of the page. "Hi-performance powder ski rentals delivered to your face. Ride what the locals ride!"

I would also recommend an "extra anchovies" option. They've already let you in their hotel room, so why not sell other services?

Carmen let me know if you need any help.

Im always willing to help out the local "little guy".

Picking up skis? Delievering skis? Whatever...

Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Hoar View Post

Separate the logo pic from your phone number and business description. Then it will be picked up in search engines.
    Your business description is much too small. The service you provide is much more important than your name at this time.
    Just a few quick clarifications, though Hoar is spot on:

by separate, he means take the digits and the biz desc. out of an image and into text for SEO. (also consider adding "Salt Lake City & Park City, Utah" qualifier after tagline or prominently elsewhere on the page)

also, replicate this info in the ALT attribute of the logo image.

then, also post your local # on the contact us page, and sign up for free local business listings on the big 3:

http://www.google.com/local/add/businessCenter
    http://listings.local.yahoo.com/csubmit/index.php
    https://​ssl.bing.com/​listings/​ListingCenter.aspx
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide View Post
    Just a few quick clarifications, though Hoar is spot on:

by separate, he means take the digits and the biz desc. out of an image and into text for SEO. (also consider adding "Salt Lake City & Park City, Utah" qualifier after tagline or prominently elsewhere on the page)

also, replicate this info in the ALT attribute of the logo image.

then, also post your local # on the contact us page, and sign up for free local business listings on the big 3:

http://www.google.com/local/add/businessCenter
    http://listings.local.yahoo.com/csubmit/index.php
    https://​ssl.bing.com/​listings/​ListingCenter.aspx

Girz got skilz YO!

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Looks great!
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Minor quibble. on the Wasatch Featured Skis page the pictures of your skis should be more in proportion to the sizes of the skis in real life. you have a 190 next to a 192 that looks 30%+ bigger. Dumbasses like me or the standard midwesterner might be misled about the real sizes of the skis. (Yep, I know all the text is there and smart people would read and understand it.)

Guys, I appreciated the great feedback. I have given info. to my designer, and will incorporate all of the good ideas. Yo SkiBum, no sticks have been mounted yet. I'll let you know.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

When viewing your skis by navigating through "Our Skis" I see what you have, but what would really drive business is being able to click the model and be directed to a photo and specs of the model chosen.

Whether it is a direct link to the mfg's page or not, specs and even a description would help out a lot.

EDIT--

I just noticed after posting that you are renting bc ski gear like shovels, beacons, and probes. That is way sketchy.

I can see renting ski's w/ at bindings, but liability increases exponentially with renting true bc gear like beacons. These aren't metal detectors for finding coins in the sand, they are avalanche safety and recovery gear to be used in emergency situations.

If people can't even invest in the gear, you know that they havent invested in themselves to know how to use it to find someone. People like this going into the bc make it that much less safe for all bc skiers. Thats why Hertz won't rent a car to you without seeing a valid drivers license.

I have no idea if there is a market for it or not, but a DPS Lotus 120 in a 200cm with a touring binding would have been rented by my brother the last 3 winters if you had such a set up.

Is there a touring market?

Backcountry equip is sketchy on purpose. Not sure about it yet. No add'l. ins. cost, but I'm not sure whether I need the hassle.
    TH: I entertained the thought of buying a pair of 200 120s, but I was sort of steered away (same with the 202 138).

Most touring people will go to WPT. However, I will have a few skis mounted with touring clamps. Maybe, even a few tele. set-ups

Well, the next time my bro comes out from Minnesota, I'll get in touch.

Best of luck on your second year.