Page 141 of 227 FirstFirst ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 5668
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Yesterday (and Sunday, for that matter) at NS was pretty damn bueno.
    Total fluff on scruff, which was actually super dupe funolio on the Spats.
    Yesterday Vets and I converged between the G & H lots around 9:30 (he had a dental appointment, hence the Leisure Suit Larry start) and were TwoSixtyOneing stuff by 10.
    We owned Sticks and Stones, buttered The Biscuit, and surfed The Wave. Most of it was fluff on scruff, but we found some cuff deep freshies.
    My Spats were a blast in the variable snow and Vets even coaxed me back onto his Lhasas. I was hesitant as I've demoed them about 1/2 dozen times to date and just never got 'em. Funny thing though, I got 'em this time and found their previously elusive sweet spot and totally railed 'em on a couple groomers and swung 'em through some Rendezvous tree lines like they were nimble Spats.
    All in all a satisfactory jaunt.

As for snow totals, NS seemed like they got roughly 1-2" Sat night into Sunday and then perhaps another 1" Sunday night into Monday. We had about 2" at Tahoe Donner between the two days, as well, give or take a 1/2-1" either way.
    NS = Northstar? Sticks & Stones, The Biscuit or The Wave? Ok, Sticks & Stones is the name of a bike trail. I see that. And sure, trees under Rendezvous - check. But those other ones?? Weird.

FYI for KW passholders, heard an unqualified rumor that passholders will get a comp buddy ticket and a $20 food and bev coupon, 6-wood passholders also get a free Saturday ticket. This is apparently to make up for power failure issues. Can't see any mention of this on their website, as of course it is impossible to find press releases/resort emails on that website.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    FYI for KW passholders, heard an unqualified rumor that passholders will get a comp buddy ticket and a $20 food and bev coupon, 6-wood passholders also get a free Saturday ticket. This is apparently to make up for power failure issues. Can't see any mention of this on their website, as of course it is impossible to find press releases/resort emails on that website.
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186235"]Kirkwood deal for passholders - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

Anyone with a Heavenly pass going to be around tomorrow morning? Interested in picking up a buddy ticket if possible.

Thanks, PM me if you're around!

Looking out the window in Truckee, and we're starting to get flakes.

Fingers crossed this drops a foot overnight like it's threatening to...

drizzle in the bay, has been for most of the day... hope that means lots of flakes in tahoe... i'll be back there friday night to find out...
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Here's the video from today's fun.
    I'm pretty sure bluebird powder skiing is the meaning of epic. Like the song too. Nice and chill. I've seen alot of good charger POV this year, but I think that one just sent me over the edge to bite the bullet and get BC gear for next season.

I like the vertical orientation too, it's nice to see the sky in POV (on days like that at least.) Maybe mount 3 Contours on the same helmet for ultra-wide/ultra-tall?

Quote Originally Posted by Imz View Post
    Fingers crossed this drops a foot overnight like it's threatening to...
    Is that a threat? I thought it was a promise...

i kind of liked the tall better too. today i switched it back just to make sure. it was windy from a completely new direction today (hd version prolly isn't encoded yet)

Last edited by powdork; 02-24-2010 at 12:59 AM. Reason: upgraded vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post

An email from kwood confirmed it.
    LET IT SNOW

Quote Originally Posted by el penoso View Post
    An email from kwood confirmed it.
    just as a point of clarification,

you get to choose from one of those beni's ... you don't get all of them.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    There's going to be a story on Praxis on KCRA's Olympics coverage tonight

Quote Originally Posted by kevok2 View Post
    Is that a threat? I thought it was a promise...
    Ah, my friend, I've been promised snow too many times to believe (grin)

That said, 2+ inches on our deck in Truckee & still coming down...

Quote Originally Posted by VC View Post
    There's going to be a story on Praxis on KCRA's Olympics coverage tonight
    Hey you ain't even hardly bullshittin!!!!

http://www.kcra.com/video/22652985/index.html
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

sitting in south lake. id say an inch if that. we will see how hard this thing turns up this evening.

you must be near stateline. i'm in xmas valley and i'm about to go shovel 6 inches at least. probably be 8-10 before it's done.

I'm liking what I'm seeing on the Sugar Bowl Night Vision Webcam, for only being ~11pm.

yea we are heav riders and trying to organize a kw trip tomorrow. i personally am trying to decide if tomorrow is the day, or thursday, or both. i assume both is the obv consensus, but the ol' $$$ is somewhat of an issue. we will see.

FUCK! the 6" I went out to shovel that was supposed to turn into 8", instead turned into 4, as it was raining when i was shoveling.

checked out the radar for the past hour, and this did show up, and didn't go any higher than lake level. might be just the thing to keep everyone at home tomorrow.

Slight slush east of Mt Rose at el 60000; 32 degrees at Squaw base at 6am and warming up; raining at Crystal Bay per friend who lives there.

Damn, I might to Rose for the opening bell for pow instead of cement.
    Squaw Upper Mtn: will it open before noon? Who knows.
    Last edited by Jim S; 02-24-2010 at 09:42 AM.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Squaw is claiming 7" at 6200' & 12" on the upper mountain... Giddyup.

Oh, and it's still coming down in Truckee...

Sinecure reports at 7am:
    1' at [base of Alpine]. Heavy n wet.

3-4" on 89.

Raining in Truckee.

Altitude is everything.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Here's the video from today's fun. The first run I used the regular orientation, but i have adjusted the angle up from previous tries. Not being able to see the angle I set, i switched the orientation to tall. I kind of like the way it worked out, but you be the judge (it really does require the full screen but you mught have to watch on the vimeo site for hd).

that's how i missed shooting the last line dead tree bowl in the picture above.
    Surprised to see that zone still looking like so much fun. I thought these past dumps would have buried all those little jumps

FKNA great to see some fresh out there and in the forecast! Arriving in SF tonight for the annual bummin' ski vaca.

If anyone is headed up to Tahoe/K-wood from the Bay area Thursday or Friday and has room for a passenger with snowboarding gear, please PM me. I'd throw down for any associated expenses of course...
    "My geode must be acknowledged"

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Sinecure reports at 7am:

he forgot to mention the 53 mph winds...

still snowing in Tahoe/Donner and I'm slacking, but about to head out and reap some mid-morning freshies.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en