Page 139 of 227 FirstFirst ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 5668
    9+" here in Reno and still dumping @ 6am but see there's only a trace in tahoe. Looooool. Wtf is going on? When was last time it duuuuuumped in Reno and Tahoe didn't get shit?
    Talk about a teaser day looking out my window

Is there a lift up peavine?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    I predict big dumps

besides those in my bathroom

It never fails. I left town President's last weekend and have to work this wekend Saturday 5am to Monday 5pm. I don't mind making the sacrifice to entice Ullr to deliver the goods. Nope, not one bit. Got about 4" at my house this morning.

Enjoy it.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Weird snowfall patterns with this storm.

At my house in south Reno -- 4800' -- 5-6" visible out the window (haven't gone out yet, but that's what's easily visible on top of the backyard shed).

Mt. Rose reporting 4-6 as of 3AM. Diamond Peak: 1". Squaw: trace.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Yeah & there's about a foot at my house in hidden valley...wtf?!?

Believe it or not the chutes were $$ yesterday...today is going to be good. See you 8:30 fools up on the hill...

1/2" tops at 7100 feet on the north shore.

Over a foot @ my house in sparks!
    shoveled the drive last nite at about 10pm too.
    Last edited by 3snowboards; 02-21-2010 at 09:14 AM.

12-14" on my deck in Sparks. Was heading to Squaw this morning, but maybe I'll just shovel...

I love it, the night I get back from CO, it starts dumping again. Your welcome all! ;P

We need a personal report from Squaw or Alpine. Anyone?

Squaw says 3-5 in last 24.
    Alpine says 0.

Sitting in West Reno I would say there is a SOLID foot.

I am debating the hassle vs ski conditions factor......could just skin Caughlin Ranch.

Edit - just called a buddy who was driving down 89 says it looks like a dusting on 89 (compared to the foot he shoved in Reno).
    Last edited by Huckwheat; 02-21-2010 at 09:50 AM.
    Donjoy to the World!

Heavenly is reporting 4", i think....we got perhaps 2", 3 if we're generous on our deck here at the top of Kingsbury. WTF? Why is Sparks getting it all?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Deathstar website says .5" at base and 2" at summit. Their numbers are very accurate, less wind blowing stuff around. Looks like moderate SW winds up high so it could be blown in a foot deep in places at squaw and alpine.

All the vacationers will bail early due to the storm so the mountains should be uncrowded, I say its worth it to go unless you can get work done today and get a day off during the week.

A little more than a foot in my yard. YEAH! Winter's back!

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    We need a personal report from Squaw or Alpine. Anyone?

Squaw says 3-5 in last 24.
    Alpine says 0.

Sitting in West Reno I would say there is a SOLID foot.

I am debating the hassle vs ski conditions factor......could just skin Caughlin Ranch.

Edit - just called a buddy who was driving down 89 says it looks like a dusting on 89 (compared to the foot he shoved in Reno).
    Unofficial Squaw:
    UPDATE 09:13 Maybe a couple inches up top. It's snowing consistently at the moment and the forecast is saying 3-5 inches throughout the day.
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

wow tahoe is off the hook! Mellow down on hwy 4.
    I see a kirkwood trip a possibility this week...
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

daytripping to kirkwood solo tomorrow, shoot me a pm if anyone wants a ride up from the South Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post
    wow tahoe is off the hook! Mellow down on hwy 4.
    I see a kirkwood trip a possibility this week...
    i don't know about off the hook. tahoe got like 5 inches, tops. the late night band formed and stayed just north of 1-80. sierra buttes got hit hard as did lassen and reno, but not really tahoe.
    still, it's better than nothing.

It snowed heavily and consistently on highway 50 down to around 5500, then turning to patches of heavy rain (this was around 16:00-19:00, the first band.) I'm shocked that it dropped less 6 inches before it passed through. If that second band had been a little further south...

I'm glad I missed the entire week of bluebird then skied yesterday on the shittiest icy junk I've seen all season, then left in time for another 5" to drop...

NOAA says 8-12in before tomorrow am in N. Tahoe.

Anyone in the Bay want to do the Mon. Squaw pow sneak, shoot me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    sierra buttes got hit hard

hmmm....
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by kevok2 View Post
    I'm glad I missed the entire week of bluebird then skied yesterday on the shittiest icy junk I've seen all season, then left in time for another 5" to drop...
    I was up there last week for the annual time share. I was kind of bummed there was no fresh snow, but my leaving obviously worked for you guys. Your welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Alpine: it was the kind of day I like.

Definitely some places on the mtn did better with ~5" new snow than others.

Estelle and High Beaver where closed. But Pond Slope was skiing very nice.

Should be pretty nice when Estelle and High Beaver open...

I'll be at Squaw tomorrow with a couple chicks in tow.

1-5" at the Heave depending on location: bottom of Gunbarrel got about an inch, top of the mountain got about 4-5" depending on aspect.

Not an epic day, but if you stayed on high north-facing aspects the layer underneath was reasonable, and I got several good runs.

Anything that had the sun on it was a pretty solid coral reef. It's still well below freezing down at the lake, and the sun never really came out.

Anyone want to ski the north slope of Peavine tomorrow? Approach doesn't look too bad and I'm sure it's something done rarely, if ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    Anyone want to ski the north slope of Peavine tomorrow? Approach doesn't look too bad and I'm sure it's something done rarely, if ever...
    The NNE slope toward 395? I used to live right below that aspect at Red Rock Road. There's a good natural spine lookers right of the gulley below the antennas that looks safe almost any time. Just stay out of the terrain traps, as tempting as those tree shots are. Seen it release naturally in a couple places. It's kinda rare you can ski to the floor for more than one good storm. There's a couple old mines into the side of the hill up top that would be kinda cool to bivy in.

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    I've wanted to ski that thing for a while now. That straight north side does look pretty interesting. Go ski it for me and tell me what it's all about
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by StormDay View Post
    Props to OHC for getting her and the rest of his team ready.
    i'll let The Dad fill in from his perspective at the bottom....

from my view, it looked like she had a decent run, but a bobble or 2 where she killed it yesterday. it was a different day with definitely trickier conditions and she had a slightly more "defensive" skiing style. in any case, her solid run from Day 1 was more than enough to seal a 2nd place. let it be known.... "notice has been served" to the older girls on the team, girlie-girl will be a force to contend with in the future !!!

overall i was proud of the whole team for charging on some of the boniest competition conditions i have ever seen. after 1 1/2 hours staring down Keyhole competitor after competitor.... i was all puckered out! LOL...

btw, not sure if any spectators caught it... but i let one of my 11 y/o ski team kids who was the first one down forerunning, uncork a 360 telecopter off a rock (the ONLY one attempted by any forerunner/competitor). i guess he didn't land it cleanly and popped out of his binding, but HE will also be a future force to contend with.