Page 65 of 237 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 5919
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Go start a sour beer thread.

No seriously, it's a style I'm looking to explore.
    Search and you might find.

Pisses me off when I go to a restaurant or bar and ask if they have any pale ales on tap. They invariably start listing the IPAs. No, I want a pale ale, got any? Then they say something like you mean Bud Light? NO, I WANT A FUCKING PALE ALE, GOT ANY? And lots of times they don't have an actual pale ale on tap because all the IPAs have taken over. Which makes me want to find the bar manager and say you are fucking clueless. Get these fucking ten IPAs the out of here and get a regular pale ale on tap. It's not the same thing, and I'm really kind of sick of IPAs and I prefer a regular pale ale that's not overly hoppy and overly strong. Bar managers who don't understand the difference between an IPA and a pale ale should get a different job. You need to have BOTH, capiche?

yeah, man
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Moobs, side effect of drankin too manys IPA
    watch out for snakes

Cloudbusting from Grimm is a tasty brew. Stumbled upon that one in a new bar last night.

http://grimmales.com/

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Pisses me off when I go to a restaurant or bar and ask if they have any pale ales on tap. They invariably start listing the IPAs. No, I want a pale ale, got any? Then they say something like you mean Bud Light? NO, I WANT A FUCKING PALE ALE, GOT ANY? And lots of times they don't have an actual pale ale on tap because all the IPAs have taken over. Which makes me want to find the bar manager and say you are fucking clueless. Get these fucking ten IPAs the out of here and get a regular pale ale on tap. It's not the same thing, and I'm really kind of sick of IPAs and I prefer a regular pale ale that's not overly hoppy and overly strong. Bar managers who don't understand the difference between an IPA and a pale ale should get a different job. You need to have BOTH, capiche?
    I think every bar should be required to have Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on tap right next to the Bud and Bud Light.

Visited Knee Deep in Auburn last Saturday. Good time, though the beer didn't impress me as much as I thought it would. Need to give it another go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435723514.815075.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	264.4 KB 
ID:	167989

citrus mistress tonight cuz I like my shit fruity

High grade

Ya mon! Lunch is tasty even for breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    citrus mistress tonight cuz I like my shit fruity
    Unsure I'd call it a fruit beer (at least thats what I try to tell myself ) as they only use the peel. I'd have to think zest is more of a spice?

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Ya mon! Lunch is tasty even for breakfast
    My favorite local pizza/beer spot just announced "The Maine Line" which is a draft line dedicated solely to Maine Beer Company. I'm happy. They have a few sixtels of Lunch ready to go.

VT'ers = drunks

VT'ers = drunks

I may or may not resemble that statement. Time to man up NH!

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Visited Knee Deep in Auburn last Saturday. Good time, though the beer didn't impress me as much as I thought it would. Need to give it another go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435723514.815075.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	264.4 KB 
ID:	167989
    Dang, that's a surprise! Everyone here knows I'm a huge fanboy ... really liked the Lupulin River. I haven't been to their brewery, but the consistency of their year round TIPAs is kind of unparalleled. The fact that you can get Simtra, Hoparillo, and Hop Shortage year round is pretty cool.

For other CA brands ... I've been drinking quite a bit of Saint Archer IPA recently. Very much my style of malts and hops.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

VT'ers = drunks

please..... for one its quality over quanity (NW>NE) and there's more breweries and better breweries in the west but i'll give vermont a nod for the most breweries per capita. That being said magic hat is only ok (only vermont beer i've knowingly had)

California number one in the nation with 481 breweries

Washington comes in at number 2 with 256 breweries (also, most of the nation's hops come from the yakima valley)

Colorado is #3 with 235 breweries

Oregon is #4 with 216 breweries

New York is #5 with 181 breweries.

Vermont, meanwhile, is tied for 24th place (but number one in breweries per capita)

(source: https://www.brewersassociation.org/statistics/by-state/)

Michigan will always be the #1 beer state in my mind. I've had more standout beers brewed in the mitten than anywhere else, and I've tippled brews from Burlington to San Diego.

I think I'm going to start a Pilsner/Kolsch/Helles/Weisse thread.

And for those on the anti-IPA stance, go start your own beer thread. Sours have their place and there are some good ones out there, but i'll drink one and be done with them for awhile. Sours aren't that sessionable. But that Gose beer is completely shit, if I want to drink a sour, salty beverage i'll lick my own armpit because that's what that shit tastes like......

this article sums up my thoughts nicely: http://www.thrillist.com/drink/natio...ned-craft-beer

I worked at a craft brewery for about a year and its just a plain fact that IPAs sell. I watched this brewery basically just relabel and rename their pale ale a session IPA, and then watched that beer become more popular and its sales increase. that's also how I measure a brewery, ie, how good/bad is their IPA. Unless you are a brewery fulfilling a specific niche like being a belgium brewery, you should have a good IPA in your stable.

Warning: IPA thread turning militant like crossfit thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Warning: IPA thread turning militant like crossfit thread.
    My local brewery has a crossfit place across the parking lot. It's fun to watch hot girls lift and throw shit whilst sipping a cold IPA.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    And for those on the anti-IPA stance, go start your own beer thread. Sours have their place and there are some good ones out there, but i'll drink one and be done with them for awhile. Sours aren't that sessionable. But that Gose beer is completely shit, if I want to drink a sour, salty beverage i'll lick my own armpit because that's what that shit tastes like......

this article sums up my thoughts nicely: http://www.thrillist.com/drink/natio...ned-craft-beer

I worked at a craft brewery for about a year and its just a plain fact that IPAs sell. I watched this brewery basically just relabel and rename their pale ale a session IPA, and then watched that beer become more popular and its sales increase. that's also how I measure a brewery, ie, how good/bad is their IPA. Unless you are a brewery fulfilling a specific niche like being a belgium brewery, you should have a good IPA in your stable.
    Cool your jets, man. I love a good IPA, and I've been turned on to more than a couple by this thread. If I'm at a bar and they have a truly good IPA on tap, that is still my go to beer. It's apparent that they sell well, and I agree that breweries are measured by them.

The beauty of the craft beer explosion lies in the rediscovery of obscure styles and in everyone being able to find multiple styles they enjoy. I'm drinking a Krystalweizen at the moment, but there's an Imperial Pelican Ale on deck.

I still haven't tried gose and I'm fairly unlikely to enjoy it since I rarely like wheat beers, but I'm still willing to try it. Maybe it's sort of the new hefeweizen. Seems like there's always a style out there for those who don't really like the taste of beer, but still want to drink beer for some reason.

some damn good IPA's out there

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    I actually think some sours are highly sessionable, but unfortunately too expensive to do so on a regular basis. Maybe not the big, dark sours, but I've found the more fruity, tart, lighter sours in the 4.5% to 7% range to be very easy to drink lately. Specifically the petite sour line from Crooked Stave, some of the hoppy saison/farmhouse ales from Prairie, Almanac, and Odd 13 bretts and sours (if you have access to them). Also, I just downed a 4-pack of Here Gose Nothin' from Destihl during a round of golf on a hot day and wished I had brought 4 more. All of these are more sessionable than even the session IPAs out there IMO. Sorry, don't mean to derail the IPA thread. I still love IPAs and DIPAs.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Unsure I'd call it a fruit beer (at least thats what I try to tell myself ) as they only use the peel. I'd have to think zest is more of a spice?
    I like that. eloquent.

Bad news, lawsons booted from 2 roads.

Good news, magic hat makes something good besides their breakfast beer