PSA: Unlimited Jetblue Flying Pass

Probably not the right forum, but whatever - too sick of a deal for mags not to know.

$600 gets you unlimited flights from Sept 8 to Oct 8 on Jetblue, anywhere they fly. Must be purchased by August 21. Here's to hoping the program is a success and they keep it through the winter months.

Link here.

See ya'll in bogota.
    If you are driving to Jay Peak this evening, please drive carefully you bad ass.

thanks for the heads up... i seriously hope they try that again in january...
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

wow - might be taking advantage of this, would be unreal in the winter months if they keep it up.
    Before big games I shoot Rabies, it gives me the edge I need and it’s undetectable. Only idiot losers do steroids anymore...

yeah, I may do this as well, got some vaca to use and some friends to visit.

I've got a month to kill. This sounds like fun.

jesus, you're shitting me? this could get interesting

Thanks for posting! Only catches i noticed was that you have to book, i forget, 2 or 3 days out, and if you miss a flight you have to pay $100, and can book no further flights til it's paid. Still, that's pretty minor considering how many miles you could put on!

[kinda reminds me of the old Amtrak 'all aboard america' pass that i scored a couple times 10-15 years back. Start at point A, go to any three points as long as you don't go the same direction on the same track, end up back at point A, up to six weeks of time, $325]...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Thanks for posting! Only catches i noticed was that you have to book, i forget, 2 or 3 days out, and if you miss a flight you have to pay $100, and can book no further flights til it's paid. Still, that's pretty minor considering how many miles you could put on!

[kinda reminds me of the old Amtrak 'all aboard america' pass that i scored a couple times 10-15 years back. Start at point A, go to any three points as long as you don't go the same direction on the same track, end up back at point A, up to six weeks of time, $325]...
    I just bought two. Went over everything with the girl on the phone, and there's really only two important things to know:

1. You have NO fees for domestic, and you just pay taxes for international. On the international flights I just booked, it's about $20 departing and $60-70 returning. You pay the taxes up front but they're fully refundable if you change your flight.

2. You can change your flights as much as you want for free, up until a 3 day window before departure. Then it's $100.

Skis fly free (I can dream) and bikes are $50.

When I bought it, I booked Aruba, Portland, and St Maarten just for the hell of it. I did some research and Aruba doesn't seem too appealing. Currently plotting dates and am thinking JFK - Costa Rica - connect through Orlando and Austin to get to Cali, come home, then go hit St Maarten or Barbados. Probably throw in a PDX trip or try to get down to Bogota, just for the hell of it.

Sometimes being unemployed ain't half bad
    If you are driving to Jay Peak this evening, please drive carefully you bad ass.

were this earlier in the summer i would hit it up for sure
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    were this a month or two later i would hit it up for sure
    fixed it for me.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

why the hell aren't you going to chile

They only have three flights out of DEN: midnight, 11am, and 1pm, and they only go to Boston and NYC. That makes it impossible to get anywhere for a weekend trip if you work on Fridays.

FAIL
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    Who me?

Let's just say that stranger things have happened. Planning starts NOW. WTF why not*?

*I reserve the right to not go to Chile should I decide I'm 1. too broke 2. too lazy 3. too tired 4. all of the above.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Hell yes, I've never been to the Caribbean, might be the time.

Yeah, this is going to be fun.
    Last edited by corn dog; 08-13-2009 at 04:15 PM.
    "Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map."

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    cause he has a new girl that is not down like that and has sucked teh ski life out of him.

....and he spent 3 months down there last year.

article regarding this offer
    http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-...UtOC0xMy0wOQ--
    Last edited by thin cover; 08-13-2009 at 03:02 PM.

Just bought mine after having a conversation with my boss about being scarce for the month. Any suggestions? (already have some stuff in mind)

Damn! Glad to see their are smart maggots, here. Can I recommend Brazil?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

FYI - this sale is ending early due to high demand. Closes at 10pm EST tonite. (Wednesday, not Friday as planned)
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

If I didn't have kids I would be all over this. I'd disappear for a solid month, bouncing from city to city and never once stop home. Go get it maggots.

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    Who is going where among the Mags doing this???? [/envy]

Some travelers push the envelope on all-you-can-jet deal

Joe Dinardo, left, and Clark Dever will be spending only 12 hours in each city before going to their next stop.

Greg Krause is traveling to different cities to try to raise money for his parents' school in Zambia.

By Mallory Simon

(CNN) -- Clark Dever and Joe Dinardo have always taken things to the extreme.

Greg Krause is traveling to different cities to try to raise money for his parents' school in Zambia.

So when JetBlue announced a monthlong all-you-can-jet pass for $599, it was as if the airline had practically issued them a challenge.

"We decided to come up with the most extreme length you could take it and have the most fun without being crazy," Dinardo told CNN. "We've always pushed each other to be more outrageous, so this is just taking that to another level."

Dever and Dinardo, friends since their freshman year of college at SUNY Buffalo, will be crisscrossing the country, spending only 12 hours in each city before heading back to the airport and jetting to their next destination.

The deal allows passengers unlimited travel to all cities JetBlue services from September 8 to October 8 for $599.

Dever, who was recently saving up money to be a professional photographer, quit his job, and Dinardo decided to use all of his accumulated vacation time from his job to take the trip.

They plan to make the most of the deal, hitting at least 29 cities in the 31 days by taking about 49 one-way flights.

They'll sleep during their flights, take showers in gyms, and have friends work as runners to swap out bags of clothes when they fly into New York's JFK airport about every three days.

They've even worked with some companies to obtain sponsorships.

They plan to interview fellow fliers to get the skinny on the best places to go in hopes of taking the "local's tour" of a city as opposed to a generic tourist trip for their Web site twelvehoursinacity.com.

"What better way to get a snapshot of the United States," Dever said. "To really capture the unique culture of each city, to meet all of the different people."

And for them, the price is unbeatable. The way they see it, if each flight cost $200, they're taking a $10,000 trip for only $600.

Which is exactly why the promotion has received such a great deal of buzz, specifically among social networking platforms. JetBlue suspended the deal two days early, saying they were sold out, though the company declined to specify how many people bought them.

Jennifer Milano, who is taking time off from freelance work to take advantage, grabbed a pass right away. She decided that with the buzz on Twitter, she could start organizing a group of fellow all-you-can-jet travelers, calling it the 599club.

She created a site where people are sharing their itineraries in an attempt to either travel together, meet up with Twitter followers in their cities or try to couch surf at other people's homes. Some may even meet in California to go skydiving together.

Will and Cara Dearman had been planning to move to New York from Austin, Texas, when they heard about the deal. So they decided to pack up their home, bring in the movers and head off for vacation before their big move.

Given JetBlue's hub structure, many travelers found a slight hiccup: If they were in the Midwest, they might have to travel all the way back to New York to travel to the West Coast.

The couple will be spending a large chunk of their trip in South America and the Caribbean and will be doing video interviews with entrepreneurs around the world for Will Dearman's Web site, TheStrategyBlog.com.

For Greg Krause, the pass is a chance to raise money for a charity close to his heart, ­ an elementary school in Zambia that his parents created for orphaned children in a small village two hours from a main road.

Krause plans to go to 24 cities, using about 45 different flights, to have both an enjoyable vacation and hopefully meet people who will donate to the school. He also will be documenting his trip on his Web site, 30daysonjetblue.com.

Though Dever and Dinardo may have the most exhausting schedule, they, like many others, think that if nothing else, the trip will be a true adventure.

"No matter what happens, there will certainly be a story that comes out of this trip," Dever said. "For us, the biggest concern will be finding a place to shower. We certainly don't want to be the stinky guys on the plane, especially for that many flights. But either way, its going to be an adventure, a tiring but exciting adventure."
    pmiP triD remroF

-dna-

!!!timoV cimotA erutuF

-ottom-

"!!!emit a ta anigav eno dlroW eht gnirolpxE"