Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Oh yeah, I also popped my cherry (and my girlfriend's cherry) in my '87 GL-10 Turbo wagon. That thing was pimpin' too. 5-speed with the push button 4WD on the stick, digital dashboard, sunroof and a "trip computer" that would tell you outside temp and how far you've gone. I put the seats down and turned in into the love machine, in that first time high school kind of way.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

inherited suby

brother's old car. I nuked the tranny and it has been sitting in the driveway for almost a year now. My bro put 2.5 inch pipe all the way under the car and built that can on the back, she growls for sure.

I have owned a few........

1984 Turbo wagon, wheeled like no other until the tranny blewup...

1987 Turbo Legacy Wagon, had weird air shocks that lifted you up for more clearance. This car had issues but still wheeled pretty good and towed my trailer and sled around Mammoth no problem.

1996 Impreza Outback. My favorite by far. 1st year they made this car. So much fun to drive on dirt, snow and pavement. Sold it to my friend last year who was desperate for some cheap transpo.Leaks oil like crazy but still rocking!

2002 OB.The wife's car now. Blew the head gasket at 109k. Still runs strong at 130K and drives super smooth.

1998 O.B.Picked this one up last year in excellent condition.Its a 5 speed which makes it more fun to drive. Has an exhaust leak I need to get fixed.

So yeah I like Subies

back from sierra buttes. here she is on the 4wd road underneath the lookout. had to pull over once on the way up Yuba pass and let her cool off.
    i luff al subi. thinking of giving it to my daughter when she turns 16 next year. makes me sad. (prolly her too).

I sold my '99 Impreza Outback Sport today. I will miss it a lot. The lovely fiance and I will be splitting her '01 Outback for the indefinite future. It is slightly bigger and thus more practical, I suppose, but I'll miss the 5 speed and my modifications.

Well, I'm finally going to rejoin the lesbian/douchebag club. Heading down to CO on Saturday to buy an '09 Outback.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

Anyone interested in my 01 outback with lots of miles on the engine? (168k) I'd let her go, cheap. Just need to get rid of her. :'( She could use a new motor, (she's a summer overheater) and I'll take that into account in pricing her. I'll throw in a set of snowtires (used 2 winters still have lots of tread left) ta boot. PM me.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Unhappy For the love of a 'Ru

I'm on my fourth 'Ru.

First one got traded in
    Second one got smashed by a felon fleeing a crime (80mph rear end on I-405)
    Third one (see pic below):

• A BMW sport utility vehicle rests on top of a U.S. Postal Service mailbox and a parked Subaru after driving over a parking lot retaining wall along 76th Avenue S.E. in the Town Center on Halloween.
    Accident leaves SUV, Subaru and mailbox in precarious position

Nov 05 2008
    A SUV was suspended on top of a blue metal mailbox after it rolled out of a parking lot and flew off a rock retaining wall onto 76th Avenue S.E. just before 3 p.m. last Friday. The car smashed onto the roof of a parked car just below the True Value Parking lot in the Town Center.
    According to a report on the city’s Web site, the driver of the black BMW SUV inadvertently pushed the accelerator pedal instead of the brake, causing the vehicle to lunge forward and over the retaining wall.
    Dozens of bystanders gathered around the scene and snapped photographs while police interviewed witnesses and firefighters blocked the street. According to witnesses, the driver of the car seemed “OK,” despite what looked and sounded like a severe crash. Two witnesses contacted the Reporter to share what they saw and heard. Katie McFarland and Anthony Pedreira, a sixth-grader at Islander Middle School, were heading to True Value when the accident took place.
    “It was extremely loud,” said McFarland, who was just getting out of her car when she heard the crash. “It was like a tree falling. I immediately thought of Anthony and had to check on him because it sounded like it could have been anywhere.”
    Pedreira said he saw the accident and watched as the SUV “bounced up” and landed on top of the Subaru and mailbox.
    “I wondered if anybody was hurt and thought of the coincidence that it was Halloween,” Pedreira said of his immediate reaction.
    McFarland said she saw the driver get out and “couldn’t believe” that she was not injured, given the sounds and sights of the crash.
    Mercer Island Police Detective Jeff Magnan said that the woman driving the SUV was treated at the scene by Island firefighters and was cleared to go home.
    The SUV did not seem badly damaged, but the roof of the white Subaru was completely collapsed from the impact of the SUV. As it was suspended above the damaged car, exhaust continued to bellow out of the tailpipe of the SUV. It appeared that a parked red Oldsmobile sedan in the parking lot was also damaged in the accident. Scratches and dents ran along the entire driver’s side, and a mirror was lying next to it on the ground.
    The U.S. Postal Service responded to the accident as well, securing the mail contained in the damaged mail box.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

^^cool story and pics.
    haven't seen any cool news stories or posts lately (and miss them). is nobody screwing horses up that way any more?

found this old thread looking for info on the sierra buttes. al subi is still rolling along, smoothly as ever. here she is taking a bath.

I think this hread was about GL/Loyales, not Legacy's but I owned 2 of these(1 for parts)

bought my first subie last month when my 2001 jeep grand Cherokee gave me more trouble that I could afford / take

2007 Outback 2.5XT limited

this has to be the nicest car I've owned and I can't wait to get her in the snow

Carry on my wayward son...

I had a 93 Loyale that I ran up to 350k before I launched a rear strut right out through the strut tower (ripping the tower apart, not just the strut mount) while bombing down a dirt road with the back seat and trunk area full of firewood... Gave it away to a guy who put the strut back in place, bolted a 2x6 across the top of the tower to hold the top of the strut in place and kept driving it for another year or two...

My family has been driving Subies literally my whole life. My parents bought a '68 wagon right before I was born. They've owned other cars too but always had a Subie in the driveway. A '77 wagon was the fall-back car when my college car Honda broke down. That thing was a tank, but really tough! I rolled it in a snowstorm driving to High School one morning. I thought I had totalled it but it just had some cosmetic damage and a broken back window. We rolled it back in it's wheels and drove it away.

I now own an '08 Outback and love it. I have every reason to believe one of my kids will be driving it off to college in another 12 years or so. And no, nobody in my family is a lesbian...not that there's anything wrong with that.

traded in my first subie (legacy) with 240K and it drove like it had 40K. It was a cosmetic mess so I got rid of it. We have an 01 Outback VDC (pimped the fuck out with 3L H6)with 120K that drives like it's brand new, and it"s pretty fucking fast too.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

I have a 97 Legacy Wagon and refuse to trade it in for something that, well, works. It's weathered every member of my family doing something fun and different to it: My dad rolled the poor thing down a ravine and into a tree, my brother drove the hood under a Pathfinder and I backed it into a Volvo. And the baby is still running ... after major surgery of course. I even wrote a little number for her - "With our snowboards, me and you, rolling in my Subaru." Awwwwwww
    Take it easy ... if it's easy take it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by boarddad View Post
    ....... And no, nobody in my family is a lesbian...not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Well naturally, the Subaru is what causes it. You have to give it to them first. (Duh!)
    That's why I voted for prop 8. So I could just give each of my 3 daughters a beat up Subaru instead of paying for a wedding, saving me tens of thousands of dollars.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I have never owned a Subaru, but that is no surprise, since I am not a lesbian.
    Hmmm, a few months ago I bought a Subaru ('91 Loyale), it's been a pretty good little car, but I seem to have avoided becoming a lesbian. Maybe because I bought it used?
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

bought AN 83 wagon new for 9600 ,great car, up here they had dual range gearboxes & steal mag wheels ,I seen them differently equiped down in the US

It would have been nice to have a 4spd and the radio's sucked but they were bullet proof ,probably the most reliable of the subies

drove it 285,000kms by which time it was pretty rusty 14 yrs later

sold it to a redneck who showed up with cash a 6 pack to go 4 wheeling

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander420 View Post
    I have owned a few........

1984 Turbo wagon, wheeled like no other until the tranny blewup...

1987 Turbo Legacy Wagon, had weird air shocks that lifted you up for more clearance. This car had issues but still wheeled pretty good and towed my trailer and sled around Mammoth no problem.

1996 Impreza Outback. My favorite by far. 1st year they made this car. So much fun to drive on dirt, snow and pavement. Sold it to my friend last year who was desperate for some cheap transpo.Leaks oil like crazy but still rocking!

2002 OB.The wife's car now. Blew the head gasket at 109k. Still runs strong at 130K and drives super smooth.

1998 O.B.Picked this one up last year in excellent condition.Its a 5 speed which makes it more fun to drive. Has an exhaust leak I need to get fixed.

So yeah I like Subies

FOR THE WIN!!!

This angle doesn't show my awesome red passenger door on the other side.
    She's sitting in my garage at 199,995 ... been waiting to get off the drugs I'm on so I can take her out for a proper birthday!

Take care of those 2.2's people, I think they were the most reliable Subies ever made.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell