Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What have you forgotten for a ride?

Last night was one shoe for me. Did a 12 mile shuttle in flip flops. Luckily there was only one hike a bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

i forgot my bitchin camaro 8 track once. never again.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

oh, and rontele will point out i forgot my bike once too
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    oh, and rontele will point out i forgot my bike once too
    Heh. I have forgotten shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

I rode the Monarch Crest in sandals and a hard had once.

forgot my helmet once, went back to get it from the garage and drove into the garage with the bike still on top (no damage to bike just to roof rack)

Forgot my sleeping bag and pad a few weeks ago when we went to ride Silver Creek, kind of an unpleasant night in a emergency bivy.

Shoes, helmet, shorts, socks. Helmet has been the only deal killer.

I rode Empire in a pair of work khakis once because I forgot shorts. I actually finally sent Sizzler that day.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

This season I forgot gloves for an LCC ride (luckily phatfreeheeler had an extra pair...) And forgot my camebak once - just threw a bottle of water in my pocket and was glad I have tubeless tires... Luckily it wasn't that long of a ride anyway.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Shoes, pedals, gloves, shorts, multi tool.

The shoe space was the best. My wife was not about to drive back for 45 minutes, so I rode 15 miles in flippy floppies on spds. Invigorating.

Did you have your swim trunks too?

Forgot about gloves. It wasn't an issue where it's dry, but here in the humidity going gloveless is about like having your hands slathered in lard once the sweat gets rolling.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Forgot my saddle bag with tool, tube, and patch kit on the crest once.

And I forgot my sunglasses once on the pipeline. Those stupid caterpillars and their strings really irritate your eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

I forget to bring my courage to attempt bigger gaps and drops ALL the time...pretty common for me.
    You should have been here yesterday!

I forgot a front wheel once.
    I forgot the bike was on the roof when I drove into the garage once.

I don't think I've ever ridden with Tyrone Shoelaces when he didn't forget something

Been out on a road ride, 30 miles from anywhere when I realize I forgot spare tubes and flatted. Had to walk several miles before I got any cell reception. It was a bad day.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

forgot my helmet in the car at bottom of BCC for a crest ride with UTsnowgirl last year. No biggie, Brighton was having a little concert/festival thing that night, Phatfreeheeler & SkiingBear drove up to drink beers with us.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

i once forgot the sandwich i made the night before

i was distraught

I have spaced water bottles a few times. Luckily they are a cheap fix. I think we have about 8 around the house.

I tend to forget clothes for after work rides. have forgotten my helmet before as well.

Leaned my front wheel up against the back bumper of my car when I loaded my bike on the roof rack before going for a ride when I was in high school. Didn't notice until I got to the trailhead.

Then did it again two weeks ago. Remembered only slightly earlier this time.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Shoes, helmet, shorts, socks. Helmet has been the only deal killer.
    Am I the only one who read this and found humor in the fact that Bags would ride naked from the waist down without a problem; but, not without a brain bucket?

Not bike gear but it was a bike trip to Sun Valley that I remembered the tent but forgot the poles. VE-25 makes a pretty good 2 person bivy.

I am King of Forgetting.

Tuesday Tone Capone and I did a ride that required a shuttle, my truck at the end, his Subie at the trailhead. I switched from eyeglasses to contacts at the trailhead and left my eyeglasses on the ground at the trailhead.

Earlier, before we ran the shuttle, I locked my keys inside my truck. Luckily the vent window between cab and topper allowed enough body through to unlock the door from the inside.

I have left my helmet at home once before.

During ski season, I typically forget my boots -- either the liner boots or the shells, or both -- at home at least 2x per season.

When I used to fish a lot I would commonly leave my reel, or my rod, back at home.

I left my front wheel in the parking lot in Breck, drove up to Steamboat for the 24 Hours race and realized I'm an idiot. Drove back after registering, slept at home and then drove back for the noon race start. I tried to borrow a wheel from a shop in the boat, they weren't having it.

Just last week I forgot my glasses. Realized about 800 ft out, but rather than trek back up the hill and the stairs to get them, lazy me opted to do the 25 miles squinting. Along the Great Highway, too... so sand and wind blowing all over the place in my eyes and stuff. Certainly not my smartest decision to date.

ridden in soccer cleats before due to forgotten shoes. buddy dislocated his shoulder on that ride too, not a good day.

also have forgotten glasses, helmet, pack...i really should get a ride checklist beofre i head out the door.