Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by arewolfe View Post
    ^^^ Holy shit I'm a gaper. The recipe is actually 1/2 a cup of cacao powder. Not a full cup, Doh! Sorry.

Tye1: I personally just leave it in a medium size ceramic bowl and eat it by the spoonful. If you want you can mush it into whatever shape you want (cookie or cube, etc) and put it in the fridge. The coconut oil will make them harden into the consistency of the store-bought bars.

They will soften back up into a brownie mix-like texture if the temp goes above 65 or 70F. Great with milk.
    Hahahah yeah that makes 2 of the 3 complaints null and void. The other one was the mush like texture. Now that I have it in a small freezer bag I kind of like it. Like you said, I can just spoon it out when I'm hungry if the temps are 60f+. In the winter it'll surely stay a bar. The batch is coming on a 5 day hike in the whites tomorrow. Besides the cocoa PUNCH I do enjoy it.
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

Nice, enjoy the hike.

Did you use dates or maple syrup? You can do the following to reduce mushiness:

1- Use less coconut oil (maybe 2 TBSP instead of 4)
    2- Use fresh dates instead of maple syrup to sweeten it. Fresh dates tend to be pretty sticky and help hold everything together.

Got fresh dates from Trader Joes ... wasn't badly priced at 4.49 for about 3-4 cups. Ended up putting 1 1/2-2 cups in.
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel