Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K2 factory China pics

randomly came across this in Google...just thought some people may want to know who made their Seth Pistols.

http://k2skis.ru/skis/02-03-factory-tour.shtml

Question

errrr....what?
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

Anyone else see all those kids hiding behind that press?

That's why I support MERVIN MFG (Lib Tech and Gnu snowboards) Plus I get a sweet deal from a guy who works there

whats with the plaid on the underside the topsheet?

Originally posted by dipstik
    whats with the plaid on the underside the topsheet?
    Seth Pistols used (still?) have a piece of real plaid fabric pressed into the ski. Unique for each ski.

Originally posted by joshbu
    Seth Pistols used (still?) have a piece of real plaid fabric pressed into the ski. Unique for each ski.

why?

a K2 web page in Russian?
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings

why?
    Because they can?
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

I believe that only the race stock K2's have been made in the states for several years now.
    Calmer than you dude

Originally posted by freshie247
    I believe that only the race stock K2's have been made in the states for several years now.
    That's why the tour is of K2's factory in China...

why?
    Seth Morrison is really into punk rock. It's his ski. Plaid is a punk thing I guess, kind of like flanel or cardigans being a grunge thing.

They're still in the ski, the tail topsheets are somewhat clear so you can see the plaid.

Originally posted by Jumper Bones
    Seth Morrison is really into punk rock. It's his ski. Plaid is a punk thing I guess, kind of like flanel or cardigans being a grunge thing.

They're still in the ski, the tail topsheets are somewhat clear so you can see the plaid.
    JB your signature says it all about the plaid
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

No. It's English, but I'll never understand it. Their reduced unit costs (something like $10/pr., correct me if you know better) come nowhere near to covering their lost goodwill. I owned K2's for well over 20 straight years, often multiple pairs, and I don't have any now. I was a champion of the brand and now I can't imagine that I will ever again have any in the future.

The shortsighted, short-term bottom-line oriented U.S. business model screws us yet again.

I'm waiting for your PM, Mr. Petrick.

(and I bet I'll keep waiting).

Originally posted by iceman
    No. It's English, but I'll never understand it. Their reduced unit costs (something like $10/pr., correct me if you know better) come nowhere near to covering their lost goodwill. I owned K2's for well over 20 straight years, often multiple pairs, and I don't have any now. I was a champion of the brand and now I can't imagine that I will ever again have any in the future.

The shortsighted, short-term bottom-line oriented U.S. business model screws us yet again.

Every single time I see a K2 advertisement claiming Vashon Island and/or Washington State, its one more reason why I won't ever pay for a pair of K2's if I can help it. Between buying out Ride Snowboards and firing 200 inner-city mostly homeless employees, and completely turning their back on the area, as well as their ad campaign for the last couple years, I can't understand how anyone could possibly support such a fucked up company. But to each their own, I guess.

yeah there is all that stuff, but did anyone else see the video of that model?
    model link
    I like to play, its fun.

Talking

Bwahahahahaaha!!!

I juat can't believe this! Guys, you didn't know about chinese origin of K2 skis before?! Oh my god, they even put labels "Made In China" on their skis!!! I believe, US dealers just rips those stickers off of a national cult ski brand's production... as well as russian dealers do, but it doesn't help - now we have a second (or maybe third) season of debates about chinese origin and "corresponding quality" of these skis... I mean, everybody knows that K2s are made in China. And this is not the point to not to buy them, I think. If you didn't bent your ski during first couple of days of skiing, then it is ok - defective skis bents almost immediately, and you can warranty them.
    oh shit here comes the ground!

Originally posted by iceman

what are you going to do about your car, computer, and almost every other manufactured device in your house? it's global economics, we've moved on to producing other items and services and unemployment is getting lower in the usa. if the demand structure is such as you say, people will stop buying these foreign produced skis and opt for american manufactured ones instead. until that happens, made in china it is.

Utly, what I object to is them draping themselves in the flag (which they continually do) even after shifting their production.

In other words, don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining.

Originally posted by duboix
    Bwahahahahaaha!!!

I juat can't believe this! Guys, you didn't know about chinese origin of K2 skis before?! Oh my god, they even put labels "Made In China" on their skis!!! I believe, US dealers just rips those stickers off of a national cult ski brand's production... as well as russian dealers do, but it doesn't help - now we have a second (or maybe third) season of debates about chinese origin and "corresponding quality" of these skis... I mean, everybody knows that K2s are made in China. And this is not the point to not to buy them, I think. If you didn't bent your ski during first couple of days of skiing, then it is ok - defective skis bents almost immediately, and you can warranty them.
    Everybody knows that K2's are made in China, and have been for a couple years now. I don't think that this was a "guess where K2's are made" type post.
    I went out there in search of experience. To taste, and to touch, and to feel as much as a man can, before he repents.

Originally posted by ulty_guy
    what are you going to do about your car, computer, and almost every other manufactured device in your house?
    a good number of foreign auto manufacturers have set up shop in the US. i'd rather have Honda touting "made in the USA" than k2.
    fine

Originally posted by tuffy109
    a good number of foreign auto manufacturers have set up shop in the US. i'd rather have Honda touting "made in the USA" than k2.
    true, because it's cheaper and that's my point (cost of living and pensions in japan is ridiculous).

ice- what's more american than un-abashed capitalism

Originally posted by ulty_guy
    and unemployment is getting lower in the usa.
    ...that is true if you blindly believe the current adminstrations figures. Unemployment in Oregon and Washington actually is higher. There are still considerably far fewer jobs in the USA than there were 4 years ago, and out sourceing has a great deal to do with this. The Quality of K2 skis seems to be quite good. The morality and politics of them being constructed in China seems not to be.
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings