Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23
    What the hell is going on out there?!

Lots of cold with rain mixed in there. Lots of snow up high, not much down low. If it doesn't get too windy I'm thinking about that couloir this weekend.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

You hit that coolie? I have actually forgotten winter. Kinda weird.

Not yet, went to Hatcher and watched all the snow blowing around yesterday.

This has been a good winter to miss thus far. There's been good skiing but I found a job on Kona captaining a dive boat. I'm trying to convince my wife to make a temporary move.
    Last edited by Chugachjed; 02-10-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Sweet, I've seen several captain jobs out of lahaina, need open sea endorsement...

My masters license is near coastal but that should work for just about anything that isn't crossing over to California. It's just kind of a funny idea at this point but my 3 year old said she wanted to live in Hawaii so I looked.

Yeah, my almost 4 year old and wife don't want to go back at all. Can't blame em. Hanging in the Java Haus all day hiding from the rain or frolicking on the beach all day...

In alaska you are ON the ocean, here you are IN the ocean.

I'm living vicariously through your pics on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    Yeah, my almost 4 year old and wife don't want to go back at all. Can't blame em. Hanging in the Java Haus all day hiding from the rain or frolicking on the beach all day...

In alaska you are ON the ocean, here you are IN the ocean.
    Hey Carp not much snow this year but its still OK, life is good in Smithers same as it ever was and of course the Telkwa ski club is always entertaining

I thot V didn't want to leave Smithers but then who knows what curves life thro's at-cha ... what did you do with Po?

^^ Po made it 12.5 years before succumbing to lymphoma. RIP

I have been thinking about Smithers the last few days. Our renter there is batshit crazy. He goes to drill for 3 weeks on/one off and people keep breaking into the house. He wants us to pay to get plywood screwed over doors and windows…. not sure if my responsibility.

Sounds like you guys been having good season. We will return someday.

Ya pretty good season we got lotsa snow and conditions are certainly better than most places, did a 7000 run today with some of the bro's, 5cms on hard crust are not great conditions but it was good to knock the bastard off for the year

they have been close to the edge but fortunately nobody in the telkwa ski club has killed themselves yet

In a town this size the crooks probably know his sched, likely they know him socialy, maybe you want some hippies instead of a driller for a tennant?

from FB it looks like you & the fam have done well moving up to AK but yeah there is something about this town ... you will return

Po was a cool dog!
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know