Big Sky Rumor Season..

It's that time of the year again.. so here goes..

A) Due to increased shortfalls, there will no longer be any skiing in Upper Dakota Bowl west of the Liberty ropeline in an effort to save money. How this saves enough money to pull Big Sky of the red, I have no clue. White Otter, Cascade, and Little Thunder will continue spinning. This was put out by Taylor in a new "Town Hall" meeting, where every has a chance to air their grievances so management can promptly ignore them.

B) Conversely, another one goes: there will no longer be a Liberty ropeline, and Dakota and Liberty will be one big happy run, living in harmony.

C) Finally, provided there's enough snow, access to the Dictator ridge at the entrance of Otter Slide will be standardized and will become THUNDERHOLE!!!!!1 Sounds awesome, provided it snows two feet every day for a month, like it did in March.

That is all.
    Stay left.

Good talk.

thanks for the update

Nice. Thunderhole!

have heard of possible elimination of ambush park and the halfpipe. not that i ever ride either....

Heh heh, thunderhole.

Park stuff is true.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Quote Originally Posted by nateski View Post
    have heard of possible elimination of ambush park and the halfpipe. not that i ever ride either....
    now that shit was a waste of money
    "It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live."
    -Marcus Aurelius

I forgot about the park. It would suck if they get rid of the Ambush park because, "it consolidates the fags" away from where I ski. I like the one under Swifty though. It makes for good sight-seeing.
    Stay left.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleventy View Post
    I forgot about the park. It would suck if they get rid of the Ambush park because, "it consolidates the fags" away from where I ski. I like the one under Swifty though. It makes for good sight-seeing.
    too true. It's awesome that these poll-less fags live in montana and completely ignore that fact. Is it "pole"?
    Seeing people ski park on a powder day used to make me all upiddy, but one day I finally realized that it's just more for me

huhu, you guys said hole. Seriously, though, I think I've had thuderhole before after a night of drinking . What a vaguely scat fetish, sexual innuendo.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

C) Finally, provided there's enough snow, access to the Dictator ridge at the entrance of Otter Slide will be standardized and will become THUNDERHOLE!!!!!1 Sounds awesome, provided it snows two feet every day for a month, like it did in March.

That is all.
    Thought that was standard. Always rocks but not that bad.
    Thunderballs

I dont get it, is'nt upper Dakota west of the Liberty ropeline National Forest Land to be accessed at the backcountry access gate?

Thunderhole was skiing noice last season, dudes were calling it area 51.

Quote Originally Posted by KRAW View Post
    I dont get it, is'nt upper Dakota west of the Liberty ropeline National Forest Land to be accessed at the backcountry access gate?
    I don't think it's forest land, but regardless, it's the access that's the issue. If Big Sky closes the gate there is no access.

Quote Originally Posted by lobstahmeatwad View Post
    Thought that was standard. Always rocks but not that bad.
    Thunderballs
    I dare you to ski that line in January. Most of the time the skiing anywhere near there is rock central. Anyway, they have usually left a gap in the rope there, but I'm talking about signs and shit.
    Thunderballs!
    Stay left.

I dare you to ski that line in January. Most of the time the skiing anywhere near there is rock central. Anyway, they have usually left a gap in the rope there, but I'm talking about signs and shit.
    Thunderballs!
    As much as I love Big Sky, isn't the whole mountain rock central? Out of necessity, I gave up caring about hitting rocks there a long time ago. As long as your edges don't blow up, who cares?

Popping rocks at the top of Marx or on the way to the Yeti is one thing.. This place is rock central, as in lots of times being straight up bare rock for a long way.
    Stay left.