Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lost my bestfriend last night

sorry for the blog...

He's always had stomach issues, and usually a quick visit to the vet for some meds and some quiet time for him would settle his system down. Was out for a couple hours last night, he was fine when I left (still his normal exuberant self, bouncing allover the place) then when I got home he was just still in his crate, not moving.

Took him to the emergency vet but he was gone by the time I got home...by the blood in the stool the vet said it was gastrointestinal hemorrhaging. Probably ate a piece of twisted plastic from all the toys the puppy next door has been destroying outside.

I feel like absolute shit. Couldn't even give him the comfort of being there with him for the end. Fuck. I've had family members pass and I was sad but fine, I've had kids I grew up with pass and I was ok, but I am at the moment just a complete wreck. I feel like I just lost part of myself...no question he was my best friend and someone I enjoyed being around infinitely more than most people. I cant help but keep listening for the jingle of his collar when he prances around the house.

Any of you with dogs that read this, give yours an extra treat tonight & let em know how much they mean to you.

RIP riley, you will be sorely missed.

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

Man - what a cute pup!

Vibes to you math and RIP Riley.

You just lost him for a little while - he's waiting for you.

They really are our best friends and I just gave mine a big hug now with tears in my eyes over your loss. If you have the room in your life for another best friend, I would try to justify his leaving you, as he was making room for someone who needed you more. Take care math, I know it hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Math, So sorry for your loss. Hang in here. RIP Riley.

A lot of us know that pain, thoughts are with you and your pup.

What a handsome fella. So sorry for your loss.

Linus will get extra scritches tonight on behalf of Riley.

Sorry man. That sucks.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Sorry for your loss. I just got back from a ride with my dog and she'll go on one tomorrow for Riley.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
    He had a great friend in you! I'm sure he had no regrets!

Hang in there and look forward to getting another pup. Riley's spirit will be there waiting as good dog owners help to create dogs with great Dogonality!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

So sorry.... think of all the good times you had with him and its sure to help. RIP buddy, have fun on the other side.

Math, so sorry to hear about Riley. May he RIP.

Our family had a rottie too, the runt of the litter, most adorable endearing guy I've ever met - and we lost him 3 years ago to cancer. So I know how you feel. Hang in there guy, you'll always have the memory him trotting up to you with a big smile to bring you comfort in dark places.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

treats given

It does get better. I lost my buddy Monte 2 weeks ago to throat cancer. Couldn't even muster a post on here. I am just getting used to the fact that he is gone. Take solace in the fact that it was quick and sudden. I know it feels rough right now, but the long drawn out event I just went through, I would wish on no one. Hang in there.

thanks mags. I appreciate the good vibes. I am currently wrecked, lost someplace in a bottle of scotch stuck going through pictures on my computer...excessive radiohead is contributing to the situation, positive or negative I'm not sure.

Just wrote a small tribute to this guy here http://anchorage.craigslist.org/pet/1277009642.html ...not tryin to to be the douchebag to draw attention to a sorrowful situation, but with my level of emotional immaturity the written word tends to purvey more clearly what I mean than anything else.

Life is short, even for our invincible little companions. Love yours as much as you can.

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

Vibes, mang.
    not counting days 2016-17

Oh man. I'm reeling right now from the loss of an old friend. I never realized how much sympathy from strangers on the internet helps a little. I'm sorry, I know just what you're going through.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    To math, wart & stuck...

+++++BIG VIBES+++++
    pmiP triD remroF

-dna-

!!!timoV cimotA erutuF

-ottom-

"!!!emit a ta anigav eno dlroW eht gnirolpxE"

hang in there man. Positive thoughts headed your way.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

vibes dude, that sucks.

Sorry to hear this Math, I felt the same way when my Rotti passed. Hope you feel better soon.

This was hard to read, and I can feel your pain. It does get better, please know this.

So sorry.....givin my 11 yr old Shepard extra hugs and treats these days....dreading the day I have to say goodbye...hate to be such a girl but hugs to you man...they are our kids!
    "Time is the coin of your life, it is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent, be careful, lest you let other people spend it for you!"

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Few things in life are worse, lots of vibes.

That's a tough one when you couldn't be there for comfort. Sorry for your loss. Odin will get a little something extra tonight.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Fuck I hate reading theses threads. It sucks when the community loses one of the 4 legged furry friends. Vibes man it sucks, the shittiest part of owning a dog. The only thing I can offer is to get another, no dog ever really replaces the ones that pass over the bridge , but it certainly fills the empty spot in dog loving lives.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno