Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    LittleYellowFriend Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinB View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong here....but weren't the freeriders the ones pushing these 10-12 inch of travel monsters that really made it hard to do anything other than just go off of gigantic drops, downhillers pushed the industry to make bikes that had a more reasonable amount of big hit trave (with appropriate damping), were lighter weight and could actually be pedaled (which has benefited freeriding greatly). This push for sub-40 lb DH bikes with 8 or 9 inches of travel is the reason why our 6 inch trail bikes now are closer to 25 than 35 pounds. I think DH'ers input on mountain biking is still quite relevant.
    you are also speaking in the past tense.

should I be speaking in the future tense? I predict DH'ers will bring us hover bikes

As soon as I saw the width on page 2 I was expecting Woo's giant ghey rainbow flag graphic.

I'm so let down.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesN'Cream View Post
    As soon as I saw the width on page 2 I was expecting Woo's giant ghey rainbow flag graphic.

I'm so let down.
    To be fair, I've never seen greg minnaar with a girl. Might be the same thing. Some of his alpine stars get ups are pretty fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinB View Post
    should I be speaking in the future tense? I predict DH'ers will bring us hover bikes
    I'm totally down if they come with on board lasers.

pew! pew!
    Last edited by kidwoo; 06-26-2009 at 01:12 PM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

and electromagnetic pedals with telepathic release!

I just warped into a cross between sprocket rockets and epicski. I'm pooped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    To be fair, I've never seen greg minnaar with a girl. Might be the same thing. Some of his alpine stars get ups are pretty fabulous.
    Hummm.... I think you are on to something.

He also had frosted tip hair way past a reasonable date.

And if you've seen Tipping Point you know he's gotten stuck in a mud hole with bunch of drunk African dudes.

Are those WC champion stripes or pride stickers?

I think someone mentioned this already, but this thread is retarded.

They're faster. Period .

I ride flats on my rigid hippie bike and my bigger heavy-metal bike. They're just more fun for me. Riding tech sections used to be nerve racking, and now they're just fun. I don't think I ever really learned to ride clipped in too well. I got bucked off more in rock gardens riding clipped in. If my 5-10s had stiffer soles I probably would be as fast pedaling too. I think beginners would have a lot more fun biking if they started off on flats and later moved up to clipped in.

Downhill and Freeride are teh ghey

This thread is rainbow

Three pages? Wow.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

I rode DH all last summer clipped in without a chain on my bike.

Clipping in encourages commitment.

LittleYellowFriend Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Being able to ditch a bike mid air has exactly what to do with riding rough singletrack?

Because that's exactly why most guys riding a slopestyle course (or trail) use flats. That and can cans
    See you don't get it. The reason to use flats is not to walk around comfortably or ditch a bike in mid air, (though those are plusses) its for a better stance over the bike.

But ah, you are from California, where riding fireroads is 'cool'.
    The only place with a shittier scene than Utah

Quote Originally Posted by LittleYellowFriend View Post
    See you don't get it. The reason to use flats is not to walk around comfortably or ditch a bike in mid air, (though those are plusses) its for a better stance over the bike.

But ah, you are from California, the only place with a shittier scene than Utah.

keep talking

It just keeps getting more and more entertaining

Again....most of the fastest (ie skilled) riders in the world ride clipped in. I'm sorry you really don't know how to ride clipless pedals but it's certainly no justification for their 'inadequacies.'

All you had to do was say you preferred flats for xyz reasons. Instead you decided to take some holier than thou absolutist approach. And none of it even holds water.

Here's something that will blow your mind: You can move cleats around on spd shoes
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Yeah, Woo and his "fireroads" in Tahoe.

Keep diggin, that hole is gettin mighty deep.
    - - - - Skiing is for little fat kids - - - - - -

Went for a great ride today, Wapiti trail to Slide Creek.

I have been having some issues with my left knee, (pain in the medial Meniscus) probably from fit changes with my new frame.

To allow for more float (part of the problem may be cleat alignment) I threw on a pair of XT pedals I have had lying around. I have been riding clipless for the last 10 years +-.

What a blast! I had forgotten all the things I enjoyed about riding with clips.

I may sell all my Crank Brothers pedals and go back to the XTs. It was that much better.

Go figure.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

LittleYellowFriend Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ridevt View Post
    Yeah, Woo and his "fireroads" in Tahoe.

Keep diggin, that hole is gettin mighty deep.
    Yeah, I've been to Tahoe. Not much different than Utah riding really. Just a bunch of stupid boring singletrack all over the place. Oooh... Kirkwood. How awesome is that place. I think they have one 3ft drop to flat. IDK maybe Northstar is stepping it up?
    A bunch of secret log rides in the woods does not a scene make.
    Last edited by LittleYellowFriend; 06-26-2009 at 04:13 PM.

we definately are laking here in mammoth lakes, its summer...off to the lakes with the dogs!

Yeah, I've been to Tahoe. Not much different than Utah riding really. Just a bunch of stupid boring singletrack all over the place. Oooh... Kirkwood. How awesome is that place. I think they have one 3ft drop to flat. IDK maybe Northstar is stepping it up?
    A bunch of secret log rides in the woods does not a scene make.
    I picture you going to whistler, spending a week pedaling around the village on the sidewalks, and then saying you don't understand why everyone talks about good riding at whistler.

Because that's pretty much exactly what you just did.

But hey if you can't find fun riding in tahoe, no wonder you can't realize some of the benefits that come with clipless pedals either
    Last edited by kidwoo; 06-26-2009 at 04:26 PM.

But ah, you are from California, where riding fireroads is 'cool'.
    The only place with a shittier scene than Utah
    You don't seem to get that you are the only person who thinks that having your arch over your pedal spindle is "better stance". That limits the movement of your ankle and lower leg. Its like ham-fisting a paintbrush and trying to detail something.

This thread is gold.

Proof that clipless is better:

I use flats because I suck at climbing and the bit of power transfer I lose doesn't matter, and it's also easier for me to get back on the bike and start pedaling while in a technical section going either up or down because I suck in tech sections as well.

Edit: BTW, the true balance point when in an aligned stance on flat ground is between the ball of the foot and the center of the arch. Or so I've heard.
    Last edited by snowful; 06-26-2009 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

LYF FTW.

clipless pedals put you in a totally off balance body position by placing the center of the pedal under the front of the foot instead of in the center where it should be, making the rider all hunched over, off center, and making it hard to bend the knees to adjust to terrain and properly shift the body forward or back. Thats why people who use clipless pedals suck at riding generally.
    OK, I only got to this post on page 1 but just have to say this is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever read on this board. And I've read everything.

Or it could be an outstanding troll.
    Last edited by Johnny Sizzler; 06-27-2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: to remove an extra "fucking".

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sizzler View Post

Or it could be an outstanding troll.
    That's what I was thinkin, because NO one could actually have thoughts about stance that are that wacked out. Watch an NFL or NCAA linebacker right before the snap of the ball on that "balanced athletic stance", he IS up on the balls of his foot, because that allows him the most options for direction change and power transfer.

2nd is that NO one could actually be dumb enough to be challenging proven SR mags about Utah and Tahoe having "no scene" for biking. HAS to be some good trolling.

FWIW on topic, I have time clipless (still learning after 1.5 years) and I tend to like XC stuff more. I love the extra power transfer, and don't mind at all the bumpy downhill stuff, and I suck too much at big techie features to ride them all cleanly, so I have gotten pretty accomplished at kickouts of the clips. I won't go back to flats for the stuff I ride. Of course, Colorado ALSO has no good mtb'ing, so what could I possibly know.

Now, LYF, back to the padded room with your dumb douchie ass.