alchohol camp stoves

Anyone use these? I just made one out of two soda cans and tried it out. It worked fine after i added more vents. Boiled water just fine, and fuel is cheap. 12fl oz. is around $2

My main thing is i haven't used it on the trail yet and am wondering how well it will do at higher evevation and with higher winds. Plus i have yet to figure out how much fuel i will use in a day. I plan on make a wind screen to go with it.

ill post pics after i make the wind screen.

Thanks

I used one once, but after I bent it all to hell stuffing something in my pack, and had to eat 1/4 hydrated macaroni for dinner, I decided they suck.
    BEWARE OF FEMALE SPIES

fucking jongs

this has never been covered before
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

yeah...so i wouldn't use these. Sure its light but its takes to long to boil.
    I would stick to stoves---though i have yet to try a brass can type alcohol stove.
    anyway, really really wind affected- plus preheating is a pain...

Sternoe cans work just as well and are the same price and are everwhere.

Esbit

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.