anyone use prolotherapy for shoulders?

to strengthen tendons and ligaments?
    i've been out of the loop with hip issues, and am just starting to rebuild again to get ready to be on crutches after the hips get operated on.
    i am dealing with some tendonitis in the shoulders and am not going to take anything for it, including the stim/ultrasound typically used by pt's, because i am on homeopathic medicine (those things can antidote homeopathy).
    i am considering prolo for the shoulders so i can get stronger again without the damn tendonitis. i hear good things about it.
    i'd be going to a doc near nyc, actually one in nj cuz i hear he is the best. it would be a long drive to nj but i imagine it'd be worth it if the therapy works.

straight up pt for muscle imbalances probably will not get me there by itself as i have seen a bunch of muscle atrophy. i need the jumpstart.

thanks a lot

Give it a try. Based on my experience, it tunes up joints quite well.
    Different people respond differently. I had unbelievable results with it 10 years ago and will probably have my knees done again next week. This will be my third round in hopes of getting some relief after a menisectomy that won't stop aching. I also have a detached/ruptured bicep tendon and rc damage the doc said prolo would help, so I'll prolly do a round on my shoulder as well while I wait for the insurance company to quit trying to screw me out of the surgery I need someday soon.

sounds great, thanks for the reply

was your first round of prolo guided by x-ray or did the doc just do it with fingers to feel where to jab the needle?

Totally by feel. And I felt it when he missed while going all the way into the knee joint; basically took the whole needle until the plunger hit my skin. I told my doc friend one time that if he didn't pull the needle out of my femur head, I was gonna take a swing at him. Heard ultrasound gives a good image for placing the tip of the needle and the dosage where you want. I am trying to get as good a result again as I did the first time I had prolo. The results the first time were stupendous.

i also had a hack meniscus job. butchered at best. i may even have to have that knee tightened as well since my hip on the same side is so screwed up- it's affecting the knee as well.

can i ask, how many sessions did you have on your knee the first time it was fixed up?
    i hear from 1-4 treatments, depending on how bad the situation is.

i appreciate your advice.
    i tend to lean towards taking care of my own medical decisions...as you already know- insurance companies are a bunch of bitches, don't trust them for anything. basically all of the beneficial care i have received has been via own referral and out-of-pocket pay.
    if i hadn't been forced to figure out my own health messes, i would never have found out about prolo in the first place.
    thanks again

I had about 4-5 treatments on that first round. Doc said I responded as well as people that had 13 treatments.

i had my first session of shots last wednesday. i have ligament laxity and/or tendonosis.
    he only injected in 3 spots around the shoulder, then did adjustments on the shoulder. i *think* it felt worse afterwards, not painful but looser.
    i called him the next day and he didn't have an answer for me. kind of standoffish like a typical new yorker.
    i see him again in 2 weeks, this time i hope he shoots up every tendon attachment in both shoulders. i can handle the pain no sweat. just fix those tendons up!

It took 10 days for my knees to feel better and notice improvement, so hang in there and report back.

thanks splat
    i am actually going to a new/different DO that has been doing this longer. he also does PRP. i was on the fence about getting prolo in the first place, cuz i seemed to be making strides in my exercise and strengthening anyhow. but i just wanted to be able to push myself without ending up straining something. hence i went forward with it.
    the doc i saw only did 3 injections into the infraspinatus and teres minor attachments, and the supraspinatus fossa. there was no pain afterwards, meaning the next day, but my shoulder felt like it was banging around in the socket whenever i moved it. i figured that is due to the fact that he tugged on my arm pretty hard right after he injected it (to stretch it?). well, i had that issue before and the strengthening and swimming i did took care of that looseness. i just was having migrating tendon pains after certain exercises.
    yesterday i did some rotation exercises with a theraband and some light (2#) dumbell exercises. then did some breaststroke while laying on a raft in a lake. the shoulder got really sore after that, and still aches today.
    so i see this other doctor on wednesday, he's been doing prolo and prp longer than anyone in nyc. i'm hoping for the best.

splat
    i forgot to ask=
    how long did you wait to exercise after your injection sessions?

When I first got my knees done, they were jello for 11 days each time.
    This last round, they've been fine to go a day later.

no shots today, but saw a new doc
    i have lax/stretched ligaments in shoulders. yay.
    got myself manipulated too many times (rolfing, etc).
    shots next week. i guess i will get a lot, both shoulders are affected.
    gotta get em strong so i can get this dang hip resurfaced and get back into funhog mode