Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What was your best"OH SHIT" moment?

I'll start:
    A couple years ago at Brek we were skiing horseshoe bowel and on skiers left there is a rock that is about 2ft high that usually has a widridge that goes off of it. I came in way to fast without scoping to hit the ridge as a kicker. It was bigger and steeper than I thought and it shot me a good 20ft off the ground, it was super hard and icy that day. While in the air I yelled "OH SHIT" and actually threw a ski pole at the ground like that would help I landed straight on my side and hit hard and got the wind knocked out of me so bad I couldn't move any mussle in my body, as I slid limp down the bowl I couldn't figure out if I was ok or not...it was like...I'm fine...oh I'm Fucked...oh I'm fine. After about 30-45sec my limp body had made it near the bottom of the bowl and I haden't taken a breath yet cause I couldn't, when I finally breathed in I sucked snow down my lungs and threw up, people were skiing down to me from all directions and a guy was running uphill to see if I was still alive. An OH SHIT moment for sure Anyone else?
    I.Q.=36

It was last year at a tele comp the instant I came off the drop, realized the landing wasn't as clear as I thought so I was going to have to be way out of position for the landing. Result: Eat shit, slide down the hill going FAST, try to get up, hit a tree. Next result: 8 months of hell rehab getting my knee put back together. All good to go now though. Can't wait to do it again. The drop of course, not the knee.

When I saw this:

"boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

freshman year during football practice i shattered my right leg and my foot did a 180, as i looked at my leg i yelled "OH SHIT!!!", my coach turned around and looked pissed because i swore, then he looked at my leg and said "holy shit, dont move." thanks to my fast healing bones, i was able to ski a couple of weeks after i was off crutches.

100' in the air, not where I should a been, looking @ a rocky landing.

last thing I remember for a while

My best Oh shit moment was just now looking at that picture.

More of an OH SHIT?? Rather than an OOOOOOHHHHH SHHHHHIIIIITTTTT.

dropping the gnar gnar cliff at Whitewater last year with Pyg, Cletus and Meat. pyg told us it was a "two person landing area" prior...pyg's buddy goes first and drops out of site, then pops into view in the runout. i get set, give a count and roll over the knuckle to a much heftier drop than i thought, go for a grab and see the one bombhole in the LZ many many feet below me and coming fast...plugged into it hard, cranked my face off my knee and sort bounced out. went and laid down. my knee hurt more than my face...black eye result. left some landing for Meat though

or it was the overshot landing = shattered radius + broken helmet in at Sugarloaf...

Originally posted by Buzzworthy
    When I saw this:

Holy shit buzz, that is NSF, not because it's good, but quite the opposite.

I know this wasn't going off a cliff or anything but it's still pretty scary... It was the second Super-G i'd ever done at okemo... the weather sucked, poor visibility with fresh snow over ice, there was the fast section of the course where you got clocked, (I was going 57mph) right before you entered a huge left footed airplane turn and into a knoll that you had to pre-jump or else you would get launched, i caught an edge right before i was going to pre jump the knoll and went off it crooked and in the back seat... i couldn't get my self forward in the air even though i had about 1.5 sec of air time and finally landed halfway on my feet and half on my ass, broke my skiis and cracked my goggles... def an oh shit for me

that is the mother of all lead blockers.

i have a buddy that banged a 300 pounder. no joke.

Re: What was your best"OH SHIT" moment?

Originally posted by TheDude
    ...were skiing horseshoe bowel...
    I hear that place is the shit.

For me- about 4 years ago, at Whistler, in a little off-pistey area with a little natural kicker- I popped a little too hard, got more height than I expected, my boots sort of hit together about halfway through my rotation and boom! BOTH of my skis pop off.

So there I am, off the deck and skiless, going backwards. I probably would have been better off landing on my side or even back, but as I came to the full 360 and reached the ground -I would have stuck that shit, I swear!- I brought my hands up to break my fall and blew my shoulder out, bad dislocation. I could tell something was wrong from the way one arm was suddenly 3 inches longer than the other. Then it took Patrol about 40 minutes to get to me- I watched as they skied by below me twice.

Man, that sucked. About 20 dislocations and one surgery later, though. s'all good. And basom got some pretty funny pictures of me huffing nitrous, courtesy of Whistler's excellent medical personnel.

Originally posted by gonzo
    that is the mother of all lead blockers.

i have a buddy that banged a 300 pounder. no joke.
    ROTFL!!! That is quality!

My biggest ski "Oh Shit" was actually someone else saying oh shit before I knew what was about to happen. At Mt. Bachelor I was skiing at a good clip and saw a kicker about 60-70 meters away and thought it looked nice. I was not familiar with the area so I ripped a long fast turn towards the kicker and heard a couple snowboarders go "Ohh Shhhii...." The next thing I know I'm about 20 feet in the air with a flat landing as I failed to notice the gap between me and the kicker. The good news is that it only took a good dose is vicodin and a few beers in order to hold my head up again.

Re: Re: What was your best"OH SHIT" moment?

Originally posted by Alex P. Keaton
    And basom got some pretty funny pictures of me huffing nitrous, courtesy of Whistler's excellent medical personnel.
    man your face was so blue. and you were in a pretty good mood after they relocated it on the fucking spot for you. man i wish i had a scaner. that pic of you horking on the regulator while the guy is inserting a valium iv is classic. i think itd safe to say your sled ride could have been worse. i.e. no drugs and sholder still out of place. not that it wasn't an oh shit moment. so was this eh, kush.. i mean h&d

I was in 8th grade, she was in 9th and her dad came home but we didn't hear him til the door opened...

i got another buddy whose mom walked in on him 69ing a chick. she was sitting on his face and his mom got the frameable grundle/balls/suprised girl's face angle.

good stuff

In Edmonton, Alberta, in July, Anthony Alan Burton pleaded guilty to a 2002 robbery that went down this way: He had wrapped his head in gauze, covered his face with silicon putty and rouge (and oversized glasses), grabbed a Samurai sword, walked into a Jehovah's Witnesses hall, and screamed, "I am the evil that you have read about! This is the face of evil!" He was in the middle of collecting cash and credit cards from everyone when the police arrived. (A psychiatrist had testified that Burton had run out of medication several days before.) [Edmonton Journal, 8-1-03]

Doesn't sound like much, but for me I remeber saying, "Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit." over and over and it's the only thing I can thing of for skiing. I was at Alta for christmas and There was a smallish chute but enough to get alot of speed up. The snow was weird and the light was flat. (It would be soft and fluffy then be hard-ish pack.) I strightlined the chute and came into a flat area and the snow got hard and fast. Then I hit a creek. Or acrully I hit the the up side of the hole where I creek would be. I went forward and my left ski never released. My boots at the time were kinda flemsy and so went I went forward my boot just flexed till I FUCKED up my ancle. I have to keep it moving at all times while skiing these days. Of course after that my face kept moving towords the ground.I slamed my face and broke the lens of my goggles. (That weren't cheap.) Then I layed on the ground for a while dazed and confussed.

Also, me, ice and a 500 vert of steep mogals do not mix.

When I was in targee I was trying to jump this 20 foot-ish cliff and miss the 40 with the trees under it. Snow washes out under you in bad times. Like trying to jump a 20 foot-ish cliff with a 40 with trees under it.

Oh and went a was in that little in-board avie that baried me was pretty "Oh shit" too.

I fell of a sandy bluff stoned once too. Maybe 40 feet.
    Last edited by DINMS; 10-23-2003 at 06:49 PM.
    No.

I was in ninth grade. It was raining outside so the gym teacher decided that rather than go running, we would play kickball in the gym. So I'm playing shortstop and a buddy (who happens to be an all-state soccer player) is up to bat. He rips a ball right at me, travelling about 2 inches off the ground at a sizeable fraction of the speed of sound. I reach down with both hands to stop the ball and I hear a popping noise. Blood is pooling on the floor at a scary rate. Looking at my right hand, my pinky finger seems to have come off. It's hanging on by a strip of skin, no more. Nothing was actually broken, just ripped it off at the knuckle. To this day the finger is horribly misshapen and doesn't really work too well. Proof you ask? Well this is said finger today...
    Last edited by tonghands; 10-23-2003 at 06:57 PM.

Originally posted by tonghands
    I was in ninth grade. It was raining outside so the gym teacher decided that rather than go running, we would play kickball in the gym. So I'm playing shortstop and a buddy (who happens to be an all-state soccer player) is up to bat. He rips a ball right at me, travelling about 2 inches off the ground at a sizeable fraction of the speed of sound. I reach down with both hands to stop the ball and I hear a popping noise. Blood is pooling on the floor at a scary rate. Looking at my right hand, my picky finger seems to have come off. It's hanging on by a strip of skin, no more. Nothing was actually broken, just ripped it off at the knuckle. To this day the finger is horribly misshapen and doesn't really work to well. Proof you ask? Well this is said finger today...

OH SHIT.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

... presenting Pharcyde!

Pharcyde -- Oh Shit

Little Sally Walker, sittin in a saucer,
    Oh, how I tossed that ass up
    Like a mission in the woods, woody woodpecker would if he could,
    But I didn't want to pass it up
    To the next man had my walkman bumpin on
    The fifty yard line and my adrenoline pumpin
    Like a kill thriller driller tiller out with the miller brew
    Filler up, took it 'til the damn Dutch puked (??)
    Luke skywalker ain't a sweettalker so I got ill
    With my light saber that came in one fancy flavor
    My strange behavior led to an outburst
    The night felt good but the day got worse
    I thought I was alone slim trade the stowaway
    With a brown-eyed bombshell that was dope enough to pay
    I looked over my shoulder and my cover was peeled
    By my whole school sayin "ooh" and i'm busted for real

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit

What to say the least
    I'm so slick that they need to call me grease
    Cuz I slips and I slides when I rides on the beast
    Imani and your mom sittin in a tree,
    K-i-s-s-i-n-g
    Yo first comes the tounge
    And then come the she my homey's m-o-m what (m-i-e)
    Yo, and to think from day one in my eyes I show fear cuz
    I stepped into his house his
    Mom's grinnin ear to ear
    Gigglin and winks for weeks
    I would encounter from this female
    She's sizin me up for the kill
    Oh what the hell is what I said to myself so that I wouldn't worry
    I'm sittin on the couch and wish Greg would please hurry up
    She offered me a cup of ripple broke out the titty
    Squezed her nipple said suck it if you like but please don't bite it
    I had an urge to say fuck it but I knew I had to fight it
    Before I could say alakazam (???)
    I took this old bitch in a doggie style
    Greg walked in the room that nigga cold had a fit
    But all this numbskull could say was oh shit!

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh
    sh-
    Son-of-a bitch, son-of-a bitch, come on!

One fine summertime Sunday evening
    Crenshaw Boulevard was in full swing
    Perfect example of how looks can be deceiving
    Rolled up to what I thought was a pretty young thing
    Rollin in a purple samuri suzuki dookie braids was an aid to her sex appeal

Dude she was dope man real dope on the wheel
    Well anyway I went toot toot she said hey a beep beep
    The next day rolled down to the beach
    Tuesday me and my new Crenshaw cutie
    Coolin on the beach and now she's rubbin on my booty
    Suck suck suckin on my neck like dracula
    But it wasn't all that spectacular (why?)
    Cuz everytime I tried to touch upon her tay-titty
    She would be like quit b
    Bitch was frontin but I didn't say nothin
    Then all of the sudden after someone pushed the button
    I got a funny feeling like something was real wrong
    Looked at her shoes and her feets was real long
    Then it hit me oh please god no
    Don't let this ho turn out to be a john doe
    He pulled a fast one on me yo
    I guess that's one of those things that make you go: shit!

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh
    shit
    Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit....
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Originally posted by char
    OH SHIT.
    I second that motion
    I.Q.=36

There's a run at Crystal called Little Portillo. It's essentially a huge downhill followed by an uphill that is about a third as high as the downhill. You straightline it, get going a pretty decent clip, then straightline up the hill. You feel some pretty good G's in the trough of it... you have to fight to keep from getting sucked to the ground. Once, i decided to straightline from about halfway up Powder Bowl (semi-steep run directly above Little Portillo). I came into the compression carrying a lot of speed, and my 12-year-old legs were not strong enough to handle the Gs. I fell to the ground, hard, and carrying enough speed to not only take me to the top of the hill (sliding on my stomach) but also to launch me off the lip at the top. I was about ten feet off the ground, upside down, without skis on, dazed and confused, with snow burn all over my face, over an icy flat landing. Going at a pretty good clip. Luckily, I was 12, my bones were flexible, and so i didn't get any serious injuries. Plus, everyone that saw it thought it was funny, so it wasn't a total loss.

Sorry for those that saw this in the other thread, but i thought it fit the topic well.

About three years ago, I was hanging out in the Breckenridge terrain park. I'd learned to stick 3s cleanly, and decided to try a 5 from the same jump that I learned 3s on, a little 10ft table. Thinking I needed more speed to rotate the 5, I poled and skated into the jump. Popped hard, rotated, and then looked behind me for the landing. At this point I thought: "Oh, shit." I had not only cleared the table but also the entire landing hill and was now about 20-25 feet off the deck with nothing other than a flat landing below. Freaked out, started rolling up the windows, and gradually leaned further and further back. Landed about horizontally, dug in both my tails, catapulting my body into the hardpack. There was a chorus of "Oh, shits" from above.

Results: Compressed and spidercracked T3, T4 and T5. Thoracic vertebrae are hard to brace- so I got to spend the next six weeks in bed. Back still hurts just about constantly. It was a helluva screwup.

at one of the parks in mammoth a couple seasons ago i was just starting the day and i saw this little itty-bitty kicker that i thought would be a good warm up. so i started for it, going at a good speed, hit the kicker (which was probably at about a 30-40 degree incline... uh oh), then realized that i was a good 15 feet off the ground; the slope that the kicker was on we down REAL steep for the landing). i freaked out in midair yelling "HOOOOLY SHIITT!!!" but somehow managed to get it together at the last second and landed in the back-seat a little. after that, i went up and hit that shit up again.
    "...And my quarter is ruined. My business lost about 200K in revenue.

On a positive note, I did save some money on car insurance by staying with GEICO..."

Originally posted by TheDude
    I second that motion
    errhhuh h uh motion err huh

umm I was in Chamonix a couple of years ago,first day of my season picking my way through the one piecers, a bit carelessly

When I hit some ice...both ski's washed out I hit the saftey fence,fell under the safety fence and fell........about 4 feet onto some rocks for a second all I my minds eye could see was how little the town looks from up there,and how many rocks there are on the way.....
    Last edited by nachos supreme; 10-23-2003 at 11:00 PM.
    err huh huh spaghetti?