G3 Elle Alpinist Skins - how do they climb?

G3 sent me a pair of the women's Alpinist skins to replace an old pair of Alpinists on warranty. Seems like there is less/smoother nylon on the base of the skins, i.e. less grip on the steep, icy gnar. Would make sense as they are designed for a lighter weight user. G3 assured me they are the same as the mens but i remain doubtful. Anybody tried these?

I heard the Elle is the same as the alpinist except for less glue on the glue side. Maybe the nylon is smoother because its new? I have a few pairs of the Alpnists and the newer ones are smoother.

Isn't the Elle the same skin with the only difference being the BD style middle strip non-sticky part?

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    Isn't the Elle the same skin with the only difference being the BD style middle strip non-sticky part?
    Yes.

shredcorn, one would assume G3 knows the differences between their products better than anybody else. I don't think they have any incentive to lie to you. There is actually a disincentive if the skins are known to be different (other than the glue coverage difference, which is well-documented... and in my opinion better to have a bit less).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Thanks everyone, that was fast! Totally agree, brand new nylon is probably smoother for sure. Besides my afore mentioned concerns, these skins are the bomb. They pull apart better with the strip and the color is sweet. New skin cutting tool is badass too!

Fat doobies and big boobies...big airs, and no cares!

Gender specific skins?

No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Gender specific skins?

No.
    Yeah, can you believe it? They even have chick shovels out now:

and a chicks only probe too!

"incorporates our shortest segment lengths making it easier to handle and effortless to stash into a women's...... " but no word about its girth though?

I'm not buying G3 again on principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

The women specific marketing shit gets out of hand. Kind of insulting, "OOOhh, Im gonna buy that shovel because it has pretty white flowers on it and it was made just for me" Unfortunately, I see it more and more (I work at a ski/outdoor shop) so we must be buying it.

I dunno about G3 but on the acensions the glueless strip is just a piece of heavy duty ribbon on top of the glue ...if you pull off the ribbon there the glue is underneath and I suspect G3 is the same