Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Very nice pictures...

purdy. i need to get my vice out
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Tied another version. Still haven't had the chance to try them out. Hoping to to get out some over the weekend.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silversides 2.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	98505  
    on the send bus to gnar town

bump.

I just got home last night and I heard the birds are working in Salem sound. Any word DEVO? I am going to try and check my spot today so long as I have a boat and this rain drops off a bit. Pics to follow hopefully

I personally haven't seen much bird/blitz action yet around the harbors/sound. I've seen some sporadic flocks of terns diving on bait here and there. There have been reports of blitzes going on up in Ipswich sound recently. That said, the early season fishing has been good for us, both around the Bev/Salem areas and we fished a bunch already up in Gloucester (candy house) and the backside of Cranes. I've also been following what's been going down on the south shore/cape/cape cod canal and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a second push of fish through our areas sometime in the coming weeks. I'll hopefully be getting out a few times this weekend in the skiff and the Grady. I'll let you know if we find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVO View Post
    I personally haven't seen much bird/blitz action yet around the harbors/sound. I've seen some sporadic flocks of terns diving on bait here and there. There have been reports of blitzes going on up in Ipswich sound recently. That said, the early season fishing has been good for us, both around the Bev/Salem areas and we fished a bunch already up in Gloucester (candy house) and the backside of Cranes. I've also been following what's been going down on the south shore/cape/cape cod canal and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a second push of fish through our areas sometime in the coming weeks. I'll hopefully be getting out a few times this weekend in the skiff and the Grady. I'll let you know if we find anything.
    Any luck by the candy shop? My buddy has a houseboat moored just off the Heron Way.

I haven't fished there in a couple weeks, but we caught a lot of fish there early season. Season started over a month early this year.

Lots of blitzing fish out in the sound this weekend. A fly charter captain friend of mine said Salem harbor was crazy from 5-6 am Saturday (figures, we didn't get out til 6:30).

I am in DC for the week, this and next, but will be home for the weekend. Was it Jed on the charter boat?

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    I am in DC for the week, this and next, but will be home for the weekend. Was it Jed on the charter boat?
    No, Matt from "Fat Tuna".

My new favorite flies. Clouser in a herring patten with grizzly tails and a rhody flat wing in a herring pattern. I don't have the nice fat long flat wing saddle feathers (had to use bugger feathers), so they're a little short. But so far, the stripers don't seem to care.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2225.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	117503

The South Shore will see your 34" bass and raise you a 29" (8+lb) Fluke.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-22_16-55-44_548.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	117615

Was jigging for Bass.
    вы все все равно скоро сдохнете

Nice doormat.

They are back in all thier glory. Ran the boat up on the beach and right as the tide started coming in they appeared on the flats like clockwork. Landed the 3rd one I casted at with a sand eel and he was a beauty, very healthy looking and 36". Right around when the tide started flooding the birds went bonkers inside salem sound too. Only stayed for one fish though at my spot. Pic to follow.

Mush, If you are interested let me know when you might have some time and you too can come sight cast on the flats in bare feet.

Bump

Any of you guys ever fish a little farther south like the Delmarva area? I've been surf fishing Cape henlopen at the bottom the the delaware bay for about 4 years now but this year I wanna try it on the fly. I can bum an 8 wt off my pops and I've grabbed a few flies already, just wondering if anyone has any experience casting into the waves. There's also a flats section near a fishing pier in the park that is in the delaware bay that I wanna try out.

Any tips would be appreciated. I was down two weeks ago and the snapper blues were going off bigtime and i even caught a little striper off the beach with a 1 oz spoon. So I know they're around just never tossed a fly to one.

At the very least I'll toss a couple surf fishing and drinking pics up here after next weekend.

Sorry I know nothing about that area.

But, one thing that's really handy from shore is any kind of a stripping basket. To hold your line while you cast. Orvis and others sell them, or you can grab a basket from the super market and run a belt through that, I do that when ever I forget mine, which is a lot.

Presentation isn't as important, just get the fly out there, and strip the line back in to the basket and go from there. I usually tuck the reel into my right armpit and strip the line in hand over hand.

If you are wondering what flies, again I have no clue down that way.
    A chartruese and white clouser, 60% of the time, it works everytime.

Good Luck