Northeast Adventure - Columbus Day Weekend TR

We're going to have some fishing.
    It's a-coming!
    She's gonna blow.
    With the next shift of the tide.

TR to come...
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

The weekend came and went and though not as fishy as I'd hoped, we tried hard and had a lot of fun.

It seemed like we were consistently in the right place at the slightly wrong time and heard it all from, "should have been here last week...", to, "should have been here 10 minutes ago...", to, "this should be great in the next week or so..." That's just how it goes this time of year.

I'll post up some random screenshots over the coming days as I go through all the footage.

Day 1 @ Montauk, albie decides to take a peak at all the commotion close to shore:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00031.MTS - 00004.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	399.5 KB 
ID:	122517

I'll post up more like this soon...

Day 2 - Not much happened. It was SSW up to 20 and we fished from western MA to the quonnie breachway and didn't see anything...

Day 3 - West Wall, PJ - 1 albie hook up all day, lost it on a pot after about 10 seconds.

Name:	00072.MTS - 00001.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	296.5 KB 
ID:	122519

more to come...

Looks like a blast!

Nice, I was shorebound for a wedding but did manage a few casts off Nobska for the sporadic funny fish blitz. Never hooked up, but guessing that had more to do with the cocktails than anything else.

keep it coming can't wait to see how the rest turned out.

I've been in MTK since 9/15.....I hate to say it but the action that went on on 8/1 - 8/5 was bonkers. Almost like what weent on over Columbus day weekend last year...which was the best 3 days of fishing I've ever seen there.

A pod of porpoise came across the point in on Saturday morning and fish ran scared through the weekend. The pod was large and really cool, I got some great GoPro underwater shots but its never good when porpoise run through the grounds. Monday was better but....

If anyone is out that way give holler.....I'm docked of at the MTK YC

yes...I was a sad fisherman watching those reports stream in two weeks ago. Seriously...I need to be less high/low about this stuff, but I understand these may be 1-5 times in a lifetime events for a person like me, so knowing I'm missing it does hurt somewhere inside.

The Montauk portion of this trip had albies with their feedbags on in the morning followed by small bass rafts in tight to the shore late morning and finicky, finicky albies in the early afternoon. Screenshot of one of six for the boat:

Name:	00018.MTS - 00001.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	861.5 KB 
ID:	122551
    Last edited by mushmouth; 10-11-2012 at 07:53 PM.

That looks like fun! Never caught a tuna before.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Mush, the Albi bite went from...."eat anything shiny" to only small flies really fast....they became beyond picky over the past week.

Glad you go on some though...Albi's on the 10w ripping into the backing is beyond fun.

Fishing is like watching the snow forecast.....I've have an ulcer over it at times

Nicely done, I really need to make it down to MTK one of these days....