Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    If its sandy then no big deal, well still be a bag drive but a good work out. Nothing is worse than moving yards of gravel , alot of work getting shovel in. Kills the arms.

The work is in getting into wheel barrow. From pile into wheelbarrow no big deal. As above , getting out of ground, esp. clay , is a lot of work. the wheelbarrow move is only hard if you have to push it up hill.

Bobcat MT55

This is what you need. I rent it for $100 and move lots and lots of dirt!!!!

If the pic does not come through check out this site.

http://www.bobcat.com/loaders/produc...ck_loader/mt55

It is not touchy like a Bobcat Loader and is terrific for small spaces. You won't believe how much dirt you can move with this little guy! The last time I rented it my 12 yr old worked for 11/2 hours while I sat and watche dwith a cup of joe.....he wouldn't quit!!! It is that easy to operate.
    WooHoo, she said as she threw her wooden leg up over the dash!!!!!

Alright all think all sack up and do it the good ol fashioned way. Thanks for all the input. going up north for about a week so expect a nice borning moving dirt TR after that.

+

WINS!!!

Last I heard its pretty hard to move dirt by posting about on the internet. Time to quit procrastinating and START SHOVELING!

Way more fun than using a a shovel!
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

I do not envy you. Moving 20 yards of anything sucks. A lot. Good luck with your project. Here'a link to my thread about a similar pile of material and a similar distance. [ame="http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91486"]Need help moving gravel Thursday in Littleton. - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame] It ended up taking me about 6 hours the first day and then me and my father-in-law about 4 hours the next morning. No fun.

My pile:
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

14 manhours to move that pile thats aboout right. Not fun but doable. Done a pile of gravel though not that big. Gravel sucks on your arms from the impact of sticking shovel in pile. Sandy stuff would be very nice in comparison.

x2 for renting a bobcat MT 52/55 etc...It's pretty f'n slow and only carries about 1/4 cu yd, but the rental will cost the same as buying good wheelbarrows...they will drop it off and pick it up for you in most cases.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797