Scarpa decisions

Backcountry store has last year's Lasers at 250, free shipping. TP has this year's Denali Thermos at 378 with shipping (BC is 397, free shipping).

I really wanted the Denalis, but can I live with the Lasers and 128 clams in my pocket, for say, skins?

ARRRRRgghh. I can't decide.

Basing the decision purely on money?

They are very different boots you know. I'd only consider a Laser if I were using Dynafit bindings and small skis.

BTW, did ya notice who got those Denali's on ebay? $135!!! The focker!
    Signature removed for non-payment

I am not planning to use these as hard charging replace my alpine gear, but then again, with my history of breaking shit, maybe I should just go with the denalis.

$135? I missed out there. Key me in next time if you're not getting them.

Check the telemarktips.com TurnAround page. I think I saw a DenaliXT in there.

Check out Sierratradingpost - they've last years Laser and the nonXT Denali - plus you can often get a sale coupon from them. If your unhappy with the stiffness of your Laser's - mod them:

http://www.wildsnow.com/tips/lazer_mod.html

I'm not sure if I'd call them "very different" from the Denali - the Laser is a flexier Denali w/o the extra foot buckle. I use my Laser's for in area skiing and am plenty pleased with their performance.

Originally posted by cj001f
    I'm not sure if I'd call them "very different" from the Denali - the Laser is a flexier Denali w/o the extra foot buckle.
    XT= more forward lean, taller spoiler, and that extra buckle makes a difference.

Laser= Dynafit compatible, substantially softer and lighter.

Where an XT is overkill, the Laser makes perfect sense. For example on the Haute Route. But for what I ski, the XT was a better choice.

Sierra has some killer deals on the Denali, if you wear a 13. Thye also have the laser at 250.

I think I'll stick with the original plan to get the Denali and keep shopping. Thanks guys.

Originally posted by Pinner
    XT= more forward lean, taller spoiler, and that extra buckle makes a difference.

Laser= Dynafit compatible, substantially softer and lighter.
    The Laser weighs 7 oz. less. 24 degrees vs 21 degrees front flex? If your staying on things less than 50 degrees, the Laser's what you want.

Originally posted by cj001f
    The Laser weighs 7 oz. less. 24 degrees vs 21 degrees front flex? If your staying on things less than 50 degrees, the Laser's what you want.
    Not me. I like to drive big skis at high speed and the XT is the boot which I feel delivers the best hike/ski compromise. For my dollar, the Laser overlaps too far into the realm where I use tele gear.

EDIT: I'm not sure what 50-degrees has to do with anything. I'll ski 50-degrees of buffed snow in any gear.

If I were a rich man, I would own both; Denali for daily pounding and Laser for extended BC trips. But I'm not, and I don't anticipate daily BC trips.

Still not ruling them out, but almost.

Originally posted by grrrr
    If I were a rich man, I would own both; Denali for daily pounding and Laser for extended BC trips. But I'm not, and I don't anticipate daily BC trips.

Still not ruling them out, but almost.
    Denali for pounding, Terminators for touring. You can get a used T2 from just about anyone and their brother these days.

Originally posted by Keoni
    BTW, did ya notice who got those Denali's on ebay? $135!!! The focker!
    Muwahahahahaa! $132.50, to be exact.

Originally posted by Hugh Jass
    Muwahahahahaa! $132.50, to be exact.

Ebay can be such a pain...wouldn't take my damn bids for some reason
    Signature removed for non-payment