Results 1 to 20 of 20
Thread: mammoth this weekend?
04-20-2009, 08:06 AM #1
mammoth this weekend?
MVP starts Friday, thinking of heading up and dirtbaging it. Camp/ hot springs , some back country, ect ect ........
04-20-2009, 11:56 AM #2
I think we will be there; I'll let you know via this thread or PM.In the long run, we're all dead.- John Maynard Keynes
04-20-2009, 12:02 PM #3
looking like it might be an interesting weekend weather wise
04-20-2009, 08:55 PM #4
Post up what your guys' plans are. My mom will be visiting from out of town for the week but I would be down to meet up and get some turns in.Don't be that guy. That guy is dead.
04-24-2009, 12:11 PM #5
If anyone's out at Mammoth this weekend, and has a minute, please let us know what the snow conditions look like along the scenic road -- i.e., is Camp FKNA going to be accessible and clear of snow for the mini -- thanks!
04-24-2009, 05:33 PM #6
We'll check it out for sure. CDLV and Mavrick, we will be skiing the resort both days it looks like- Mach Looney likely on Moments, I'm probably on Obsetheds. PM if you want some phone digits.
Last edited by Steven S. Dallas; 04-24-2009 at 05:39 PM.In the long run, we're all dead.- John Maynard Keynes
04-24-2009, 07:56 PM #7
cool i'll be on atua's , blue jacket, g10mx. pretty good skiing today, just followed the wind and found some nice deposits.
04-25-2009, 05:12 PM #8
04-25-2009, 10:07 PM #9
Thanks cdlv -- appreciate the update.
04-29-2009, 06:54 PM #10
I hope to be there too. I am just trying to nail down a cheap place to stay, as the regular crew and condo won't be there with me. If I can buy you a beer at the Mill on Friday or Saturday, shoot me a pm and I will catch you around 3:30. It would be good to meet the mags.
04-30-2009, 08:44 AM #11
have to work saturday so looks like not back up til the mini,shame too:
"UNDERCUTTING MID LATITUDE TROF TO BRING SIGNIFICANT PRECIPITATION TO THE EASTERN SIERRA
LATE FRIDAY AND SATURDAY....SNOW LEVELS WILL BE ABOVE 8000 FOR THE MOST PART....1 TO 2 FEET POSSIBLE OVER THE SIERRA CREST BY SATURDAY NOON"
04-30-2009, 01:12 PM #12
I will be on high alert for this weekend. Either Sat/Sun or Sun & Monday - but I'm still waiting to see how the storm comes in before I solidify those plans.
04-30-2009, 03:53 PM #13
I'm in. Got a place lined up for a few days. I hope the weather report is correct, as powder on my Praxis in May, would be a sic way to close out the lift served season. I will be there Friday thru Sunday, if anyone is around for a few laps, just pm me. Beers at 3:30 at the Mill. Look for a 50 yr old dude with orange Tecnica Dragon's on or just yell out Change for a Nickle. See ya there.
04-30-2009, 04:51 PM #14
I'll be up there as well - Sat/Sun.
Either M1s or Comis, black stickered-up helmet.
liv2ski, I'll PM you. Hey, is your daughter up there with you???
Last edited by IE; 04-30-2009 at 07:57 PM.“Don’t want to sound like a dick or nothing but it says on your chart you’re fucked up. You talk like a fag, and your shit’s all retarded.”
04-30-2009, 05:09 PM #15
04-30-2009, 05:37 PM #16
Missed last weekend since I went down south to meet up with my mom on last minute notice (and forgot about this thread!). I will be out this weekend for sure. Look for a gaper in an ugly gray helmet, neon green jacket (like the race kids unfortunatly) and black pants skiing on either some rossi sickbirds mounted alpine or some stockli stormriders. If i dont make some turns with you guys ill meet you at the mill around 330 ish.Don't be that guy. That guy is dead.
05-01-2009, 02:15 PM #17
Took my skis in to be waxed and will pray Saturday delivers or I will boast out of town to hang with the wifey Saturday night. Hope to see you around 3:30 though.
05-01-2009, 09:44 PM #18
3:30 at the mill it is. See you guys tomorrow.
05-02-2009, 08:12 AM #19
Avi bombs going off, slush on the ground at Eagle where I am staying, but looks like the mid gondi station got 17" of heavy snow on the cam. Visibility at 7am looks pretty poor. Not sure if I should try it at the opening or wait for noon for the weather to maybe clear a bit
Looks like the wind is huffing: http://patrol.mammothmountain.com/RT...ble/Screen.png
I thinking Sunday and Monday may have been the call.
Last edited by liv2ski; 05-02-2009 at 08:40 AM.
06-10-2009, 04:12 PM #20
mammoth this weekend
Hopefully someone is up for a drive this weekend. Maybe we can do a 7 Springs mountain drive. We could cruise out at 10am have lunch at 7 Springs. How does Saturday sound? Hopefully Dennis can lead us, since he knows the route out there.