Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Official 2009 NHL Playoff Thread

So its playoff time again in the NHL. Might as well call it a new season. Its time for the hits to ramp up, the speed to double, and the insanity to hit a new level. Below are the first round match ups for this years playoffs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanley Cup Finals

East 4th Pittsburgh Penguins
    VS
    West 2nd Detroit Red Wings
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 3

In the East

4th Pittsburgh Penguins
    vs
    6th Carolina Hurricanes

In the West

2nd Detroit Red Wings
    vs
    4th Chicago Blackhawks

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 2

In The East

1st Boston Bruins
    vs
    6th Carolina Hurricanes

2nd Washington Capitals
    vs
    4th Pittsburgh Penguins

In The West

2nd Detroit Red Wings
    vs
    8th Anaheim Ducks

3rd Vancouver Canucks
    vs
    4th Chicago Blackhawks

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1

In the East:

1st Boston Bruins
    vs
    8th Montreal Canadians

2nd Washington Capitals
    vs
    7th New York Rangers

3rd New Jersey Devils
    vs
    6th Carolina Hurricanes

4th Pittsburgh Penguins
    vs
    5th Philadelphia Flyers

In the West:

1st San Jose Sharks
    vs
    8th Anaheim Ducks

2nd Detroit Red Wings
    vs
    7th Columbus Blue Jackets

3rd Vancouver Canucks
    vs
    6th St. Louis Blues

4th Chicago Blackhawks
    vs
    5th Calgary Flames

The San Jose Sharks have won the Presidents trophy for the most points scored in regular season with 117.

Blackhawks are back in the playoffs. First time in what seems like forever.

I am looking forward to the Flyers and Penguins beating the snot out of each other. Crosby Sucks... he better get some extra tissues and diapers ready.

and LETS GO CAPS!!!! time to smash the Rags from NY.

Last edited by Labcabin; 05-29-2009 at 07:02 AM.

Blues come back from last place on feb 18th!!! Yeah ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    We don't make those skis specifically for Andy, but we make them specifically for kick-ass skiers like Andy who use them in freeride comps and the everyday comp where they compete against themselves.

Fucking Preds. Fucking Poile.

Bruins/Canadians is going to be a great series
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

LETS GO CANES!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Its hard for me to get stoked to see my Wings play in the playoffs this year. I feel like I'm sitting on a pin cushion right now with the way they've been playing. But then again, I re-assure my self that they've been playing about half-throttle all year, winning enough games to get them to this spot. Watch for the Wings to turn it up to 11 for the playoffs.......at least I hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Sharks baby! The Cali series with the Quacks should be great.

I'm hoping for some more Flames Girls action this year...

Go Caps!

Going to Game 1 on Thursday at the Garden. Fear the Bear!
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Quote Originally Posted by pbourdon View Post
    Its hard for me to get stoked to see my Wings play in the playoffs this year. I feel like I'm sitting on a pin cushion right now with the way they've been playing. But then again, I re-assure my self that they've been playing about half-throttle all year, winning enough games to get them to this spot. Watch for the Wings to turn it up to 11 for the playoffs.......at least I hope so.
    They are going to turn it on for maybe the first time all year. Mason can be tough and Nash seems to score 8 goals a night vs the Wings but it isn't going to be enough. Wings will have there full roster with Helm and Leino ready to play.

Babcock better put the ZDH line back together though.

2nd round is going to be the Sharks, Blues, Wings and Flames in the West and the Bruins, Caps, Flyers and Hurricanes in the East.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Wings are better off without the Preds in the hunt, that's the good news. Not feeling too good about the goaltending, I'd love to be surprised though.

Bruins, Caps, Canes and Flyers from the East, Wings [hope/hope/hope], Sharks, Canucks and Calgary from the West.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

My only concern is sometimes the Wings falter at the feet of a hot goalie in the playoffs.

However, they have not yet played their best hockey, which is usually a good sign (think the years that they've dominated the early season only to have an early exit in the playoffs).

They've been there before, they know what it takes and they have to be the early favorites to return to the cup.

hey gretch, i hope the pens get swept, you pussy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Just heard on NHL Live that Chris Drury is questionable for the series start against the Caps...

good news.

Well, shit. I have tickets to the second Shark's game, but the NHL decided they need two days rest between games and I have to fly to Denver on the day they play.

Trying to switch for some Thursday tix but not having any luck...I had great seats too.

As an aside Carrie Millbank is fucking hot.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Quote Originally Posted by skimoore View Post
    Well, shit. I have tickets to the second Shark's game, but the NHL decided they need two days rest between games and I have to fly to Denver on the day they play.
    No worries dude, just go to an Av's playoff game in Denver!

oh, wait, never mind...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Lifelong Sens fan... I'm pulling for the Caps, and cannot wait to get back to DC in 2 weeks. I'd love to see a Canadian team win the Cup, but I'd prefer any American team over the Canucks though.

It will be interesting to see if some of the teams that ended the season on a tear can keep it up in the playoffs.

I'm hoping the opposite is true because the Flames sure limped into the post season with not much going right. So maybe they will defy expectations and actually win a round!

Either way as Tippster mentioned there will be Calgary women taking their tops off in public on the Red Mile starting on Thursday night, and that's never a bad thing.

If the Wings don't step up their game and smoke Columbus, I am sending Probert after the entire current squad:

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post

hey gretch, i hope the pens get swept, you pussy.
    Good thing your hope has absolutely nothing to do with how things will actually turn out. Not that mine does either, but I would love to see the Pens and Wings again in the Finals.

There are many reasons outside of just being a fan that I like the Pens chances against the Flyers. Here are some:

1. Marty Biron - .895 Career SV% vs Pens

2. the Pens have gone 18-3-4 and the Flyers have gone 13-10-2 in the last 25 games

3. Home ice advantage. A. the Pens have been great at home the second half of the year. B. the Flyers had an opportunity to have home ice and they did not take it. All they had to do was beat a team playing for nothing

4. Mike Richards is your leading faceoff winner.....at 49%

5. Sidney and Geno always play well against the Flyers.

Career Numbers vs Flyers - Geno - 13g, 18a for 31 pts in 31 games (1.48 per game) Sidney - 20g, 26a for 46 pts in 26 games (1.77 per game)

Here's to the playoffs...hopefully the Montreal/Boston series will be really good...I am also excited to see NJ vs Carolina becuase the Hurricanes are so hot right now.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaBC View Post
    As an aside Carrie Millbank is fucking hot.
    For those who don't know...

Who is she?
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

Quote Originally Posted by PaSucks View Post
    Who is she?
    Yeah - you're a hockey "fan." Typical Sidney fluffer...

She looks like shit here, but she's the host of "The Hockey Show" on NHL Network: http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=2

Quote Originally Posted by PaSucks View Post
    Who is she?
    HA!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    Just heard on NHL Live that Chris Drury is questionable for the series start against the Caps...

good news.
    Two predictions:

Drury will play. Theodore will stink.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard