Should I be concerned about this asymmetrical mount?

One binding looks to be about 1 cm or less forward from the other. Brand new skis and brand new bindings. I'm not happy. What to do?
    Am I just being too anal?

Did you measure, on the off chance the line is off?

If it's off 1cm, that sucks. The pic looks like 3mm or so, which I'd never notice on snow.
    BEWARE OF FEMALE SPIES

Quote Originally Posted by Chowda View Post
    Did you measure, on the off chance the line is off?

If it's off 1cm, that sucks. The pic looks like 3mm or so, which I'd never notice on snow.
    I just measured, and the center line on the skis is accurate. The bindings were not mounted evenly. The difference is not as great as I thought. You're correct, it is about 4 mm.
    So what would you do if you were me?

Skis is offline It's one louder, isn't it
    Check compared to the tips/tails. Sometimes the topsheets are off. In that case, the shop might have caught it and helped you out. Or not.

EDIT: Never mind.

Ski on, you'll never notice 4mm.

So the consensus is to do nothing? If so, I'll follow your advice. But I'll problaby think about it every time I step in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    So the consensus is to do nothing? If so, I'll follow your advice. But I'll problaby think about it every time I step in.
    get someone to help you do a blind test swapping the skis ...I bet you can't tell the difference

i would check the distance from tails as already mentioned

mention it to the shop maybe they will give you something to shut you up?

You could talk to the mounter about it, but I wouldn't go at them all hot. They are likely to blow you off. Honestly, I would want to know I made a mistake.

You could also consider getting on the jondrums Duke mounting plate list. Then, once he brings them to market, you could remount without hole conflicts.
    BEWARE OF FEMALE SPIES

tell the person who mounted it they fucked up; but its not worth a re-mount. try and weasel a free tune out of it.

You're anal. Don't worry about it. So you don't have to worry about it next time, learn how to mount your own sticks.

The same happened to me last year and I was bothered by it also. I didn't notice the difference when on them but I learned how to mount my own. It won't happen again. And now I'm happy.

I'd feel the same way as you do - but I don't know that I'd really bother with it. Let 'em know, but don't be a dick about it.
    Gravity. It's the law.

You'll never know .I had a shop mount a bit off once and was going to see if I would notice a difference the first time on them..I forgot about it until I was done for the day. Since then I just throw my template on by eye cause I know if it's off a bit I'll never know anyway.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I'd feel the same way as you do - but I don't know that I'd really bother with it. Let 'em know, but don't be a dick about it.
    Ding!
    They really ought to know so its less likely to happen in the future.

4mm is pretty significant. You should get some compensation for their mistake. It's not like those are your buddies old rock skis! Those are $875 skis mounted with $475 bindings. They should be perfect.
    Just sayin'.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

I would mention it to them. Get a free tune.

Wouldn't do anything about the 4mm though...ski'em

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    100% agreed.