Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    First I Street session of the year last night. Lots of riders out, including otter, phatfreeheeler, and Professor (who shredded lefty line like no thang after 12 years off the bike).

Going to Hawaii tomorrow to surf for 4 days.

Spring is good.
    I dont know about "shredded" it was more like I was just hanging on. And I thought Lefty was that section that headed down to the step up? If so, I didnt even hit that one. That stepup scares me. Who builds a lip out of cinder blocks
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle23 View Post
    waaa waaa I'm out of shape.

Sunday we're suppossed to do the dojoe at eldo, but it doesn't feel much like ski weather. I might be persuaded to ride. Either way we're bbq'ing afterwards at the house.
    RIIIIIIIIIIIDE. I would even skin up fo dojoe and then turn right back around for a riding session. I'm more out of shape then you, really.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Three Sisters from Dedisse sounds really good actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Going for the first roadie ride of the year this pm. The serious roadies have been out for some time. Should be about 50F and sunny with mostly dry roads. I can only put so many hours on the bike trainer, and the townie trails are in that in-between state of snow/melt/mud. It is amazing how all it takes is some fresh bar tape (and muddy trails) to make the road bike appealing. I've had some good rides on packed snow with the new 29er, but that's probably now history for the season.

In the shop, I'm only a few parts short of having the 5spot rideable. I yanked some parts for the RX29er build. The spot is already built on the beefier side and may gain a coil shock, although it is already really plush with the pushed rp23. The plan is to use 29er for most of the XC miles. I can ride from my house to nearly infinite miles of mostly buff singletrack, and I see no reason to not take advantage.

I also have to do some work on the mrs blur XC, meaning I hate VPP pivots (although I hold some hope for the latest iteration with grease ports). If money grew on trees, I'd get her a turner flux - a little lube now and then and that ride will be doable for years!

In addition I have an ongoing project with the mrs yellow 1975 Schwinn Collegiate. As much as old bikes are hip and all that, I dream of a day when she is willing to commute on something more functional, like a Spot belt drive, internal hub 3 speed bike. And, I'm still not ready to tackle the dilapidated 1960s Schwinn Twin she dragged home. I may be weather brave and pull the studded snows on my Panther SS commuter in favor of some slicks.

Yep, it really is spring.
    Last edited by cowdog; 03-20-2009 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
    RIIIIIIIIIIIDE. I would even skin up fo dojoe and then turn right back around for a riding session. I'm more out of shape then you, really.
    hmmm...I might be into that. As far as riding goes, west mag is still fairly buried, but there is some other stuff that would make for a good, though shorter ride (maybe on singles?) which would be ok after burning the lungs at the dojoe. I'll have to think on it. The dojoe starts at 1 and will be done by 2, and bbqing will be going by 4:30, so that leaves a couple hrs for riding...Or riding could be done before the dojoe when the slopes are still coral reef.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Three Sisters from Dedisse sounds really good actually.
    I heard it's all melted. Would you be into a early afternoon ride? We'll be driving from Ned that morning and need to stop at my parents place to pick up some furniture.

Definitely. Need to coordinate with Phil as there was discussing of riding Indian Creek tomorrow. Send me an email and we can coordinate.

Quote Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
    I can ride from my house to nearly infinite miles of mostly buff singletrack, and I see no reason to not take advantage.
    Where? Towards Hyalite? Or are you talking about in-town trails? Just curious. If I need a quick ride from the house, it's usually just Painted Hills or Story Hill.

I'm looking forward to getting out. My ReignX is in the middle of an over-haul as well (it's on a diet, now that I have a proper big bike). New wheelset should be here next week and as soon as I unload my last spare fork, new cranks will be on the way too.

--Ben
    rad.

Winter? When did that happen? It's been so dry on the front range I never stopped riding...

WOW!!! I wouldnt mind riding right now, but its only late winter here... Considering the healthy amount of snow here in Talkeetna, it will be like any other riding season....I'll be lucky if I'm riding by May 15th....

i need some free time to get on this shit.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quote Originally Posted by venom600 View Post
    Where? Towards Hyalite? Or are you talking about in-town trails? Just curious. If I need a quick ride from the house, it's usually just Painted Hills or Story Hill.

I'm looking forward to getting out. My ReignX is in the middle of an over-haul as well (it's on a diet, now that I have a proper big bike). New wheelset should be here next week and as soon as I unload my last spare fork, new cranks will be on the way too.

--Ben
    Yep. South to Gallatins (about 5 miles) mostly but also sometimes north to Bridgers and, when I'm feeling really fit (seems to be rare lately), up the Canyon to Bangtails. I am happy to put in a few flat miles to/from. Driving the bike to a trailhead (I do plenty of this) is something I want to minimize anymore. This is one of the things that made me pick up the very XC 29er. It should be perfect.

Yeah, I am looking to get out more too. I will be interested to see how early we can start hitting some trails this year. If not already, I would think Lewis & Clark has plenty of rideable. Pipestone should be good. We should get a posse and head up there some weekend. I always feel like I am lost up there but still have fun.

First ride of the year yesterday evening for me and I got my ass kicked! The lack of snow this spring is pretty unreal. Usually I've done my first ride around 4/20 once mud season gets into full swing, but the conditions last night were about 4-6 weeks ahead of what the last 5 years have been! If we don't get more snow this spring it's going to be a dry, sandy summer for our trails.
    you rode near your house???

shit, we may be riding the car wash in a couple of weeks if this keeps up!

Definitely coming up for the BBQ, but thinking of riding not skiing beforehand. Lemme know if that becomes part of your plan.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Definitely. Need to coordinate with Phil as there was discussing of riding Indian Creek tomorrow. Send me an email and we can coordinate.
    keep me in the loop. kthxbye.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    you rode near your house???

shit, we may be riding the car wash in a couple of weeks if this keeps up!

Definitely coming up for the BBQ, but thinking of riding not skiing beforehand. Lemme know if that becomes part of your plan.
    I think the car wash is still a ways out. Below 9K is pretty good to go (we're about 8700), but that changes above that point. I heard at west mag west of P2P is still very drifted, but east of it on the dot trails is pretty good. What were you thinking of riding Sun?

Hit up the local jumps recently built at the city park last weekend. Picked up a pass the other day since it's $5 to get in and I plan on making it a weekly thing.

I'm so weaksauce though I can only do the first jump after the berm. Oh well, baby steps.

Hopefully going on a ride tomorrow. I'm in horrible shape. I might die. Should be fun.

^^^ Where is this??? Wanna shoot it!!!

I think the car wash is still a ways out. Below 9K is pretty good to go (we're about 8700), but that changes above that point. I heard at west mag west of P2P is still very drifted, but east of it on the dot trails is pretty good. What were you thinking of riding Sun?
    Yeah, I was mostly kidding about the car wash, but shoot, last year it took until June if I recall, and if things keep up it may be mid-April! Though I still want more snow.

Hadn't thought about anything, been out of town for work doing crazy busy late nights. Probably game for anything fun.

Damn CS, those are some good looking public DJs. I may be hitting you up for some more pics in the near future.

As for me on this Maarch 21st, I haven't even thought about skiing since about mid-Jan, I'm in full-on bike mode. I'm finally getting the suspension broken in on the Session, I neeeeed to get out on some more gravity fed trails, Dakota Ridge laps are hard work. I'm also looking forward to starting the new riding season at the new shop, the evolution of Joetron continues....no more big box bike emporium. Instead of clueless goobers and tri-tards I'm immersing myself in hipster bike central of Denver. My ironic mustache should be primed by 3/31. Scoping out Reigns for new trail bike, and I'm excited about the possibility of a Jamis Parker for a fun bike if the price is right.

Bikes rule.

Quote Originally Posted by CS View Post
    Hit up the local jumps recently built at the city park last weekend.
    That place looks rad. Don't see too many city run bike parks that have legit doubles...

Same for me been riding a ton on the Front Range already.....almost 400 miles so far in 2009. Big head start from last year......

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    That place looks rad. Don't see too many city run bike parks that have legit doubles...
    Yeah no kidding. I was blown away when I saw them.

They are still a work in progress as another line is going in and some big 'uns are going in at the end of the line in the pic.

BurnHard, they are in Fresno, CA, a total destination place.

Flow, here you go:

The whole line that has actually changed at the end since this was taken, but the main part is still the same.

nice photos, CS!

sunday, riding, Labelle, Rontele, Danno, whomever....

Let's do it!
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Buffalo Creek Sunday

Can I join can I join can I join? Purty please...