Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Looking for a template for the old Comp/Free Marker bindings with the three-hole toe and four-hole heel if anyone's holding.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    From the Jigarex thread....he reposted the link on 12-15-14. The STH2 template looks good but I haven't used it. Downloaded to docs though! Thanks Knut.

http://www.powderguide.com/community...montieren.html
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    Thanks! Got it saved now.

I ended up mounting using measurements instead of a paper template. It worked, but it was way more stressful than it needed to be. I'm definitely happy to have a template for next time.
    As I stated above on 1/1/2015, the front 2 holes on the toe piece were just a little to narrow on this pattern, so be sure you measure them. I went about an eighth of an inch wider on each side and had no problems with the rest of the holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    As I stated above on 1/1/2015, the front 2 holes on the toe piece were just a little to narrow on this pattern, so be sure you measure them. I went about an eighth of an inch wider on each side and had no problems with the rest of the holes.
    My friend used it last night. He measured everything with a digital caliper several times and reports that the template is spot on. Ymmv.

Marker Kingpin

Lock, Stock...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails king-jig_whohaa.pdf  

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    My friend used it last night. He measured everything with a digital caliper several times and reports that the template is spot on. Ymmv.
    That is odd??? I used it to mount some Atomic STH2-16 bindings. On the toes, the two front toe holes for the screws are just a little wider than the rear two holes.
    The template appears to have the front and rear screw holes the same distance apart, which definitely was not how my bindings were made. Check your binding before using the template is all I can suggest.

Edit to add my bindings looked like these: http://www.powderhuffer.com/Atomic-S.../dp/B00O8NEHJ0
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yeah. Until this is settled practice mount on 2x4 ftw.

But the front piece screw pattern hasn't changed at all. It's still the same trusty old driver toe...

That Powderguide template for the pre-2014 STH-12 Driver/STH-14/STH-16 does not appear to be correct.

Toe
    Front two holes are 42.5mm apart
    Rear two holes are 40.10mm apart
    Rear hole centerline is 31.00mm behind front hole centerline

Heel
    Front two holes are 27.50mm apart
    Centerline of middle hole is 27.41mm behind centerline of front two holes
    Rear two holes are 42.50mm apart
    Centerline of rear holes is 63.50mm behind centerline of middle hole (or 90.92mm behind centerline of front two holes for 4-screw baseplates)

I measured a Salomon jig, several pair of bindings & plastic baseplates, the CAST baseplate, and Jigarex plates to arrive at these numbers, and have confirmed the toe pattern in wood, aluminum and finally skis on a vertical mill with DRO. (I'm 100% sure these are the correct numbers for the toe, but I've only tested the heel pattern once so far.)
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 02-22-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asylstrasse View Post
    Lock, Stock...
    Great find!!

Because it's not exactly clear what you posted, I'll just say it for google to pick up. This is a PDF template pattern for mounting the marker king pin tech binding.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...7&d=1420293233

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    But the front piece screw pattern hasn't changed at all. It's still the same trusty old driver toe...
    Template is certainly wrong on the sth2 for front toe holes, both width and offset from rear toe holes.

I'll try and post the template I made for the STH2 on here. Made it specifically for a 305 bsl or so, but is pretty easy to extend it before taping for bigger boots

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    That Powderguide template for the pre-2014 STH-12 Driver/STH-14/STH-16 does not appear to be correct.
    Easy with your wording there. I've mounted a dozen plus bindings with this template myself and have not run into any problems at all. Several times for mounting inserts. Proper mounts were never a problem, not for me or others I know and trust (and up to now, several years after the template was done, I hadn't heard of any from anyone). So "not correct" is quite strong.
    (And how correct is "correct" anyway, given the retroengineered nature of all the templates here?)

Besides that your numbers are rather benignly different in most cases. Even 0.5mm offspacing of a hole doesn't really have an impact on a standard mount. Especially not, when it's symmetric.
    Plus that odd numbers (like e.g. 40.1 mm) always sound suspicious to me. If you design a binding, would you space holes at such odd distances?

So the only issue I see is the spacing between the two front holes in the toe. I will look into it.
    All other differences of your measurements compared to my template are imo negligible.

But I really appreciate your effort. Anything that'll improve the templates and thus is of use to all those that want to mount their own skis is very wellcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    Easy with your wording there. I've mounted a dozen plus bindings with this template myself and have not run into any problems at all. Several times for mounting inserts. Proper mounts were never a problem, not for me or others I know and trust (and up to now, several years after the template was done, I hadn't heard of any from anyone). So "not correct" is quite strong.
    (And how correct is "correct" anyway, given the retroengineered nature of all the templates here?)

Besides that your numbers are rather benignly different in most cases. Even 0.5mm offspacing of a hole doesn't really have an impact on a standard mount. Especially not, when it's symmetric.
    Plus that odd numbers (like e.g. 40.1 mm) always sound suspicious to me. If you design a binding, would you space holes at such odd distances?

So the only issue I see is the spacing between the two front holes in the toe. I will look into it.
    All other differences of your measurements compared to my template are imo negligible.

But I really appreciate your effort. Anything that'll improve the templates and thus is of use to all those that want to mount their own skis is very wellcome.

Blowing up tech talk with this, but I figured I'd get my solution out there if anyone needs it.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...94#post4411394

After a bit of research I decided to adjust my salomon templates (for full details, see here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...92#post4414192).

Thanks everyone a ton for the input.

The one thing I am now after the change not certain about, though, is the front screw row for the Warden front piece. So the status for the Warden went back to "unverified"

Templates can be found here, as usual: http://www.powderguide.com/community...montieren.html

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    Great find!!

Because it's not exactly clear what you posted, I'll just say it for google to pick up. This is a PDF template pattern for mounting the marker king pin tech binding.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...7&d=1420293233
    Help me out here - is this specifically for a 302mm BSL? Otherwise I don't understand how the BSL to mid-point relationship works here.

Anyone use this to mount their Kingpins? Or, can anyone that has mounted a pair of them tell the collective how it goes?

Apparently the only thing more rare than a Kingpin this year is a friggin jig.
    Who cares how the crow flies

nice sharing..

how about a template for Look PX 14 Ti bindings?

got it..............can someone verify the correct PX template I would need, thanks

^ One of these two should do it. Print them and hold them up to your bindings. The toes are the same. Look makes two different heel patterns for the PX series. I think yours uses the "race" pattern, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    Attachment 87142 Verified (jondrums)
    Attachment 86248 Verified (strawjack)

somehow not quite printing to size, printing said 100% size.......I suck at this

make sure your "scale to page" or "print to page size" or whatever is toggled off.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
    Me too. I assume SX 4.5 is the same. And another one for small literail.
    Still did not mount new son's ski. Internets are useless.

Time for making my own.

FWIW- I can confirm the dimensions on the paper template for the Kingpin is specific to a 302mm BSL.

All of the actual binding hole measurements are DNO and accurate though.
    Who cares how the crow flies

Does anyone have a template for a salomon alpine demo binding? Have been looking everywhere for them. I'm mounting an Atomic FFG 14 Demo.

Thanks!

Yeah I have used the search function and still can't find what I need.
    Solly 810 Ti demos. Bindings are probably 07ish. Any advice mags?
    stay outta my line

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey de Haas View Post
    Does anyone have a template for a salomon alpine demo binding?
    Quote Originally Posted by TransplantedFromRMNP View Post
    Solly 810 Ti demos. Bindings are probably 07ish. Any advice mags?
    Sorry guys, I haven't seen a Solly Demo template on the internet. Support your local ski shop?