Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    I know I don't have much street cred around here, but I took it upon myself to make an STH2 template the last few days. I did a couple test mounts on some 4x's, then put them on a brand spanking new pair of Opus, so yes, I trust it that much. It worked flawlessly for a 315 bsl. Someone who has more experience with this can figure out how to modify the bsl dimensions, and i also have a .dwg file if anyone wants.

I would STRONGLY encourage you to do a practice mount before putting your skis' life in my hands. And if anyone finds anything wrong with the template, PLEASE let me know and I'll modify or remove. Cheers!

Salomon sth2 binding template.pdf

Looking for a mount template for the Vipecs. BD is out of them right now. Need to decide on getting some for skis formerly mounted with Dynafit Speed Radicals. Wondering if the hole pattern will be problem with the holes being too close together. I live in the SF Bay Area and I don't even know if there is a shop that can mount these. I've mounted 2 pairs of Dynafits so comfortable doing it myself. Guess I can always shift forward or back if I had to. What would people recommend if I had to do that? These are going on some Voile V8's (165's).

If anyone has mounted Vipecs on skis with Dynafit holes drilled wondering how it worked for you. Did you have to shift the mounting fore or aft. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a template for mounting demo Axial2 bindings? the bindings i bought were Axial2 120 XXL SPS Adjustable Bindings.

Here is the instructions:

I would love a template or the hole centre locations and i can laser cut a template out at work.

Thanks in Advance!

Love these templates... a question:

I see a 'Marker Duke EPF' template and a template for 'Marker Duke, Baron, F10, F12'.

The 2013-14 Marker F12s that I'd like to order (nonrefundable) now feature the EPF.

Which template should I use?

Quote Originally Posted by jgwallace View Post
    Love these templates... a question:

I see a 'Marker Duke EPF' template and a template for 'Marker Duke, Baron, F10, F12'.

The 2013-14 Marker F12s that I'd like to order (nonrefundable) now feature the EPF.

Which template should I use?
    You should use the Duke EPF template. Make sure you differentiate between size SM or LG. (when ordering, if both will fit your boot, go smaller.)

done. Thanks! jw

I found this: BSL CHART while trying to figure stuff out. Thought it might be useful to those wanting to use templates. As always, manufacturers lie, so get a big long ruler and measure it yourself before putting holes in skis.

Quote Originally Posted by mbtiaow9fod View Post
    I couldn't find a template for Atomic FFG 12
    Atomic FFG is rebadged Salomon binding. Depending on whether you have the Driver toe or the Z-series toe, you'll need to drill 4 toe holes or 3 toe holes respectively. But anyway, you'll want to use the Salomon template. salomon_paper_template_R6.pdf

Seems to be something wrong with the Duke epf template? (As in it won't download)

^^ seems like the same for the guardian template (won't download). the jondrums ones are more betterer than the wild snow ones imo. any chance of that getting put back up?

i use drafting software all the time so just made my own guardian template using the dimensions from earlier in this thread which match the wild snow ones but i fit it on one 11x17 so you dont have to cut it and tape it together for the heel- if you have a large format printer- you could always do it at kinkos or something.

a note on this template- i guess i dont know how to upload a pdf (tgr accepts images or vids only as far as i can see) so i had to convert to jpeg so check your scaling carefully if you are going to use this, it should be right but i prefer pdf.

Last edited by lemmycaution; 09-19-2014 at 07:09 AM.

[edit for clarity and deleting blogginess]

Ques: hole proximity...is 8.6mm center-to-center too close for locating inserts?
    Last edited by acinpdx; 09-30-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Does anyone have a lead on a template for the Ion?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanTex View Post
    Does anyone have a lead on a template for the Ion?
    Doh! Nevermind. Wildsnow has one. https://www.wildsnow.com/12414/g3-io...crews-pattern/

Fixed the broken links - sorry about that!

Anybody have a Beast template?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    [edit for clarity and deleting blogginess]

Ques: hole proximity...is 8.6mm center-to-center too close for locating inserts?
    Lots of opinions and experiences here: REVIEW: BINDING FREEDOM INSERTS - THE SWISS CHEESE EXPERIMENT

Search Fail !

Anyone got a template for Marker 7.0 JR bindings?
    These ones:
    http://www.markerusa.com/binding/junior-m70-eps/

what a nugget we have here... Thanks! Can someone tell me if the Salomon template works on older Salomon bindings. I have a pair of Equipes from 1995 I want to mount. They were my old high school race binding set and I got a new set of skis I'd like to mount them on. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by pwdrtrns4life View Post
    what a nugget we have here... Thanks! Can someone tell me if the Salomon template works on older Salomon bindings. I have a pair of Equipes from 1995 I want to mount. They were my old high school race binding set and I got a new set of skis I'd like to mount them on. Thanks in advance!
    You should use the Salomon 997/916/STH template. Double check before drilling. Different models had different numbers of screws (some had 3 screws in front, others had 4; some had 4 screws in back, others had 5.) But that's definitely the template for you. Salomon used the same hole pattern from approx 1980-2013.

salomon_paper_template_R6.pdf

The templates are no longer accessible? Requires permission through Google docs to view them.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    The templates are no longer accessible? Requires permission through Google docs to view them.
    Works fine for me. Go to the first post in this thread.

Binding Mount Paper Templates

Or hit up binding freedom
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

On the first post with the multiple templates, is the Salomon template shown still the correct one for the current STH 12?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    On the first post with the multiple templates, is the Salomon template shown still the correct one for the current STH 12?
    You need to determine whether you have the STH or the STH2. They changed the mount pattern for the STH2.

If your binding looks like this, then use this pattern

If your binding looks like this, you have the STH2 and need a different pattern, which hasn't been confirmed here yet. (But a few people have posted versions on this page.)