Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    ^^ Do you not have access to a printer or are you a retard?

If the former, that sucks. If the latter, read the first post in this thread. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

(Sorry, I'm in a pissy mood.)
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    ^^ Do you not have access to a printer or are you a retard?

If the former, that sucks. If the latter, read the first post in this thread. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

(Sorry, I'm in a pissy mood.)

LOL... I was also thinking... really?

2012 Look Pivot-Rossignol FKS Template

I just received some 2012 Pivot 14s and measured the included template and bindings against the previous template and found several changes. Can anyone comment whether this was a change for this year or where the discrepancy comes from?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Look-pivot-fks-2012.jpg 
Views:	20411 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	110428
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Look-pivot-fks-2012.jpg 
Views:	1381 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	110427  
    Last edited by Alpinord; 02-17-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Terry - what is the difference in a nutshell?

Here is the 2012 Pivot/FKS over your Pivot template: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Look-pivot-fks-2012-comparo.jpg 
Views:	16412 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	110445 2mm in the toe and see the revised hole pattern in the heel. The Look-Pivot/Rossi FKS 2012 scanned toe & heel templates in the binding box: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Look-pivot-fks-2012-toe.jpg 
Views:	11117 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	110443 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Look-pivot-fks-2012-heel.jpg 
Views:	14334 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	110444
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	1067 
Size:	480.7 KB 
ID:	110441   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	424 
Size:	233.7 KB 
ID:	110442  
    Last edited by Alpinord; 02-17-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

^^ Try comparing to Jon's Rossi FKS template. Eyeballing it, it looks very close.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Here is the 2012 Pivot/FKS over your Pivot template: Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16412 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	110445 2mm in the toe and see the revised hole pattern in the heel. The Look-Pivot/Rossi FKS 2012 scanned toe & heel templates in the binding box: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Look-pivot-fks-2012-toe.jpg 
Views:	11117 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	110443 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Look-pivot-fks-2012-heel.jpg 
Views:	14334 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	110444
    your comparing the 2012 fks/pivot to the old Axial 1 pattern. Two different bindings for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    your comparing the 2012 fks/pivot to the old Axial 1 pattern. Two different bindings for sure.
    Thanks. Re-labeling the templates names in the download chart would clear up some of the mud. I'm still getting a discrepancy with the BF FKS Template vs the MFGR Pivot/FKS Template:

Name:	Look-pivot-MFG-fks-2012-comparo.jpg 
Views:	30549 
Size:	233.7 KB 
ID:	110447

Name:	Look-pivot-BF-fks-2012-comparo.jpg 
Views:	23715 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	110448
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

I'm no shop tech, but IIRC it's typical to line up the FKS jig and drill the front holes and then move the rear 5mm forward to allow the forward pressure to be in the middle of the range. I read somewhere that Jon already moved the rear holes forward 5mm on his templates. If Look/Rossi didn't do this on their templates, this could be causing the discrepancy. Try centering the front holes and see if the back ones are simply 5mm to the rear. Just eyeballing it again, that looks like that's the case.

EDIT: Never mind, misread the template. Looks like the manufacturer's template is spaced closer together. Maybe the forward pressure settings have changed? Other than that, I have no idea.

photos

Well.....they're mounted and the heel of the boot fits right at the back corner nicely. I need to read up on forward pressure for the pivots and see if there is any reason to shift it forward 5mm when I install the inserts or for another pair of skis to test the alternative location.

Thanks.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Well good on ya for finding that. Especially since I may be using an FKS template soon.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I'm no shop tech, but IIRC it's typical to line up the FKS jig and drill the front holes and then move the rear 5mm forward to allow the forward pressure to be in the middle of the range. I read somewhere that Jon already moved the rear holes forward 5mm on his templates. If Look/Rossi didn't do this on their templates, this could be causing the discrepancy. Try centering the front holes and see if the back ones are simply 5mm to the rear. Just eyeballing it again, that looks like that's the case.

EDIT: Never mind, misread the template. Looks like the manufacturer's template is spaced closer together. Maybe the forward pressure settings have changed? Other than that, I have no idea.
    When I got my FKS I read the instructions, laughed and chucked their template in the garbage and just used Jon's. Came out perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Well good on ya for finding that. Especially since I may be using an FKS template soon.
    I can easily prep a template for your BSL if you let me know what it is.

I guess I can see why shifting the heel forward allows for forward pressure adjustment, but not moving the toe forward 2mm. Regardless, it appears mine are fine as is.....at the moment.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Oder View Post
    When I got my FKS I read the instructions, laughed and chucked their template in the garbage and just used Jon's. Came out perfectly!
    Same here. I'd use Jon's again in a heartbeat.

photos

Possibly retarded question, but can the templates be used to measure and calculate mounting point differences that will result from switching bindings? By way of explanation - I have Solly STHs mounted on the line right now that I was thinking about swapping with Jesters (same boot/BSL). I printed the Solly and Jester templates and laid the Jester template on top of the Solly template on a lightbox, lining up the BSLs to match. Looking at the overlay, a number of the holes overlap, leading me to conclude that I would need to move the Jesters back (1.5cm after taking some measurements) in order to maintain adequate clearance between the old and new holes. Since I don't want a -1.5cm mount, it looks like I need to scrap my plan. Does this sound right or did I miss something?
    "What could possibly go wrong?"

Terry,
    I've got both old and new FKS bindings and both seem to mount up identically, and correctly with the templates here. I'm curious to hear about your findings - there is always a little variation with different boots based on the toe and how it fits into the toepiece. IME, this can effect the boot center as much as 5mm. With my krypton pros and an old pair of technicas, the template looks spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by krick View Post
    Possibly retarded question, but can the templates be used to measure and calculate mounting point differences that will result from switching bindings? By way of explanation - I have Solly STHs mounted on the line right now that I was thinking about swapping with Jesters (same boot/BSL). I printed the Solly and Jester templates and laid the Jester template on top of the Solly template on a lightbox, lining up the BSLs to match. Looking at the overlay, a number of the holes overlap, leading me to conclude that I would need to move the Jesters back (1.5cm after taking some measurements) in order to maintain adequate clearance between the old and new holes. Since I don't want a -1.5cm mount, it looks like I need to scrap my plan. Does this sound right or did I miss something?
    That's a proper way to go. You might also find this helpful: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...8&d=1320302347 (or the newer version: http://www.freeskiers.net/community/...1&d=1318939116 -don't know, whether the link works, but it's with 118kb to big to be uploaded here )

However, in your case it's likely not as bad, as you put it. The Toe piece seems tight, but ok.
    The rearmost row of screws on the heel piece is the problem. But here you have the forward pressure adjustment range, that might work for you. So you can place the jester heel 8-10mm back and simply adjust for it by not having the heel piece in centered position afterwards (that's btw. why my templates have toe and heel edge plus the adjustment range marked). If you move the toe a few mm too, you can add them here (although it doesn't look feasible). You'd then end up with a mount point shifted just by a few mm.

To determine this in more detail (after you checked, that it's worth a try for you), easiest is probably, to unmount your current binding, print out the new one's template onto transparent foil and move it around on the ski until you find a good position. If you're not sure, that the adjustment range will work with this setup, measure your determinded distances and test mount on a piece of wood with them.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    Terry,
    I've got both old and new FKS bindings and both seem to mount up identically, and correctly with the templates here. I'm curious to hear about your findings - there is always a little variation with different boots based on the toe and how it fits into the toepiece. IME, this can effect the boot center as much as 5mm. With my krypton pros and an old pair of technicas, the template looks spot on.
    Thanks Jon. This clears up some of the why there appears to be a discrepancy. Over the past two days everything seems fine so far. I'll let you know if I find otherwise over the next two days.

I'm liking the way these bindings ski without issues versus the Markers, even though I had to move the mount forward 7mm for clearance from the Marker inserts. The boot center is dead on the front mark (see below). If I had mounted 2mm more forward, it'd be closer to 1cm and I don't feel like I'd have enough forward pressure adjustment to have a wider spacing. How much forward pressure adjustment is there with the Pivots/FKS and can it make up for the 5mm variations you've seen with enough to spare?

Name:	pivot-mount.jpg 
Views:	865 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	110747
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Thanks Knut - I had a complete brain fart and didn't factor in heel adjustment. I'll give it another go.
    "What could possibly go wrong?"

Anybody use the Sally 916 template recently? I just need to drill two new holes to mount up some 916s since I'm coming from the three hole Z style pattern. I was just going to print out the template on some clear paper and line it up with the existing holes. But when I line up the template to the toe baseplate it looks like the holes are off a tiny bit. Are my eyes just messing with me here?

Thanks Jondrums. I now have inserts in my drifts for dynafits. Inserts in my Icelantics for dukes and the dynaduke plate on a new pair of amperage skis. The paper templates are great

dynastar px14

hey i know look/dyna/rossi are all the same bindings but im trying to buy some 2009 dynastar px14's with 120mm brakes (idk if that matters) and was wondering what template is the right one for me. thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    hey i know look/dyna/rossi are all the same bindings but im trying to buy some 2009 dynastar px14's with 120mm brakes (idk if that matters) and was wondering what template is the right one for me. thanks for the help
    the PX/axial2 template

NOT THE RACE VERSION

Mounted some sally Z10s last night these templates work great. Thanks Jondrums
    "make it snow you fuck"
    -Mikee, every single morning

Looking for half a pair of 188 tahoes

Way late on posting back to the thread, but I used the various CAD/illustrator stuff to combine the Duke template with both the radical/vertical template for my given BSL and play around with spacing for inserts.

Decided I'll probably insert one pair of skis & maybe go with the cutting board plate on another set or two...

Anyway - if you want the CAD drawing PM me - I think each binding template is its own block so it'd be easy to "move" the radical/vertical templates around for your particular setup.

Thx to Knut & others for sending me the base files.