Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1728
    Try this. Turn off layers except your BSL. I can double check and measurements relative to the Jigarex Look/FKS plates if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    can someone help me find the correct template for look pivot 14?

the one i found did not match up properly (yes, it was printed at the correct scale)
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

The toe pattern seemed correct.

Two rear screw impressions for the heel not even close, tho the front two holes of the heel seem to be spaced correctly
    Attachment 171440Attachment 171441
    If you can't find the proper template, I have one for the pivot/FKS. PM me your email and I'll send it over.

You're using the wrong template- the pivot/axial is not right for the pivot/fks 14 and 18

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Try this. Turn off layers except your BSL. I can double check and measurements relative to the Jigarex Look/FKS plates if needed.
    Thanks alpinord!!

Upon a further look (since it's been snowing all day and sloppy outside) after printing the template and splicing it for the 306 BSL, I found a couple minor discrepancies between the template and Jigarex plates.
    Cheers, mate! Very helpful indeed.
    Although it seems you got an outdated version of the paper template there. Nonetheless this comparison is highly useful and I'll tweak the numbers further

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    You're using the wrong template- the pivot/axial is not right for the pivot/fks 14 and 18
    ^^this.

But in your defence, it was really a rather dumb idea of Look to name two completely unrelated bindings "pivot"

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    Although it seems you got an outdated version of the paper template there. Nonetheless this comparison is highly useful and I'll tweak the numbers further
    Ahh, I downloaded it from our template list (now updated), copied from Powder Guide assuming the links would be the same if updates occurred. Apparently not.

I'll check the current template vs the Jigarex plates, too.
    Last edited by Alpinord; 11-10-2015 at 06:56 AM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Ahh, I downloaded it from our template list (now updated), copied from Powder Guide assuming the links would be the same if updates occurred. Apparently not.
    I'll look into a solution for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    when i first read this, i'm enough of a gear newb that i didn't understand your point...i thought you were being an ass without being helpful.

to me "pivot" = turntable, and it wasn't until this comment that it clicked for me how wrong that was... [even with my template fail]

^^this.

But in your defence, it was really a rather dumb idea of Look to name two completely unrelated bindings "pivot"
    still lots to learn
    learning is expensive

alpinord, pretty sure i need to order some new screw lengths soon
    just gotta measure them 3x before committing the $

knut, i tried clicking over to powderguide's template list to find what i needed but it was exceptionally slow and i was never successful...not sure why, could have been entirely on my end but usually our web access speed is decent...just an fyi for my n=1

Relative to the Jigarex plates, the rear holes of the toe and heel are dead on. The front holes need to move the ~2 to 2.5mm forward (60mm between heel holes & 66mm between toe holes) and you'll be golden.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

So... Any europeans that can get the template/measurements for the Salomon MTN bindning? As far as I know, it is only available in the alp/euro zone (no US, no Nordics). Don't ask me how i managed to get hold of the binding here in Sweden... ;-)

Heads up for anyone using the current g3 ion template on wildsnow. The forward toe holes are off and so is the pin line. I double checked for scale and had same result. Always double check before you drill. Glad I did. Appreciate the hard work of those who put these together for us so just trying to help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1447945694223.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	172068  

Yeah, always double check. I thought I had posted our G3 template in this thread. The following is from the G3 ION Tech Binding thread"

It was adjusted relative to the Jigarex plates and seems well vetted.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Couldn't find good info elsewhere, and don't currently have access to printer to line up paper templates... but can anyone check how a dynafit vertical lines up against something drilled for marker kingpin?

Figure about 305 bsl.

Quote Originally Posted by flyman683 View Post
    Couldn't find good info elsewhere, and don't currently have access to printer to line up paper templates... but can anyone check how a dynafit vertical lines up against something drilled for marker kingpin?

Figure about 305 bsl.
    HTH:

Last edited by Alpinord; 11-20-2015 at 10:52 PM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Alpinord, you are the man.

A little heel adjustment and they fit together just fine.

Hey Alpinord and Knut, I am going to mount some G3 ions and I see your templates are a little different.

The powder guide template has the heel holes 36mm apart and the slidewright one has them at 37mm.

Also, a 315mm bsl on the powder guide template comes out at about 306mm bsl on the slidewright template when overlaying the two.

I don't have the bindings in front of me now to compare the heel holes.
    Thanks guys.

Call it 36.5mm. It matches the Pliny plates and actually scales to that on the one I just printed. I mounted one pair of G3's with the template and another with the Jigarex with the same result. Both with inserts. You have around 20mm of adjustment.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

FYI re: Fritschi Freeride Pro

the binding freedom screw length page and the slidewright screw length page just show the (8) 12mm small head & (6) 16mm small head (which I can confirm as correct)

Fritschi Freeride Pro also requires (2) 10mm small head screws

this extra screw is for the most forward hole of heel base plate

(8) total screws per binding --> (4) at toe; (4) at heel

i have no idea if this affects the fritschi eagle or not (they apparently share the same template layout and are listed as sharing the same screw lengths)

Call it 36.5mm. It matches the Pliny plates and actually scales to that on the one I just printed. I mounted one pair of G3's with the template and another with the Jigarex with the same result. Both with inserts. You have around 20mm of adjustment.
    Thanks Alpinord. Your template seems to line up perfect with the heel holes on the ion and my practice mount on a 2x4 came out good. I really enjoy shopping at slidewright. You make home mounting and tuning easy.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Search Fail !

Anyone got a template for Marker 7.0 JR bindings?
    These ones:
    http://www.markerusa.com/binding/junior-m70-eps/
    Similar/related question - anyone have any idea if either the M4.5 or M7.0 jr bindings use the same pattern as the M10.0 adult version? looking to reuse a set of holes perhaps... thanks!

I made a Vipec template off of Jondrum's templates including the demo heel pattern. Unverified. Any suggestions on where/how to host? it's in a pdf format.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    I made a Vipec template off of Jondrum's templates including the demo heel pattern. Unverified. Any suggestions on where/how to host? it's in a pdf format.
    Can't you just upload it on TGR? Otherwise, send it to me and I'll set up a link for you. Be sure to put a disclaimer on the template and your name.
    Last edited by Alpinord; 12-03-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

i made a template for my son's Marker M10.0 Jr's FOR HIS BSL

but maybe it's of use to others who could do a little extrapolation

the pdf is 3 pages
    1) 11x17 print of the template at a 288bsl (24.5 mondo)
    2) 8.5x11 with the toe & boot center for a 288bsl
    3) 8.5x11 with the heel & boot center line for a 288bsl

the usual disclaimers apply...
    i could work on it a little over christmas break if there's some need to do so...let me know

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/12/0...inding-layout/

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    www.pdf-archive.com

i made a template for my son's Marker M10.0 Jr's FOR HIS BSL
    You got some quite different measurements there when compared to existing templates for the Marker M Series. Any idea why that binder is so different?