Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks to DrDom for measuring his brand new Griffon bindings. It turns out that they are different from the Jester/Griffon template on page one. Can anyone shed light on why this is? Is the new griffon/jester a different pattern, or has the griffon always been different from the jester?

Quote Originally Posted by DrDom
    For my 314mm sole boots, the distance from the boot center line to the rearward pair of holes of the toepiece is 145.5 mm (I can only really measure this to the nearest 0.5 mm, as the boot center line is hard to line up precisely).

The heel block has a usuable range of motion of about 24 mm. Using your heel template, positioned for a 314mm sole boot, the position of the heel piece could be adjusted to correctly set the binding pressure. However, the ultimate location ended up near the front of the range. To fix the baseplate so that the heel is exactly in the middle of its range, you need to move the mounting holes forward (towards the tip) by 6mm.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    Thanks to DrDom for measuring his brand new Griffon bindings. It turns out that they are different from the Jester/Griffon template on page one. Can anyone shed light on why this is? Is the new griffon/jester a different pattern, or has the griffon always been different from the jester?
    I have never used the templates on here (I use a Marker jig in my shop) but I can tell you that the Griffon/Jester use the same jig and hole pattern. Additionally, these have remained unchanged since they were released in 07/08.

So: either the template is wrong (possible) or there was a user error (possible as well.)

hey Tim ^^^ what BSL size range should I make the templates for? I have no experience with kids boots.
    Probably 230 to 300. If the boot any particular person is mounting is shorter/longer, it isn't that difficult to mark off additional boot centers once you've got a few on the paper. These are junior bindings and so aren't for the really wee little tikes running around in 200 bsl boots.

Just like my Jester measurements, the BSL mark is an educated guess. For the particular boots I mounted for, I wound up around the middle of the rear track after adjusting forward pressure. Send me the pdf once you make it and I can do some test mounts with different boots on 2x material and let you know if there are any adjustments needed.

-----------

Regarding the 314 BSL mount being at the very forward part of the screw travel.....my measures could be off. I don't think we've ever had someone with one of the paper templates that came with the 08/09 Jesters step up and give measures off the in-box template. Those measures would be really helpful.......

Is the Look NX the same plate as the Look PX?

And also, when i put the papers together, the BSL should match right?
    320 should be on the other papers 320 right?

Just wanna check weverything to 110% before i start

Do somebody have 4frnt Deadbolt 15 templates?

^^ It should be the same as the Head Mojo template. Double check to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    ^^ It should be the same as the Head Mojo template. Double check to be sure.
    Not the same...
    Mojo/Tyrolia has the same distance between the both pairs of holes in the toe piece (is a rectangle). Deadbolt not (just an isosceles trapezoid).
    Heel piece looks similar, but Deadbolt have an additional 5th hole.

Thanks for all involved in making the templates. I've just mounted up some Fischer X14's using the tyrolia template, worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bati View Post
    Not the same...
    Mojo/Tyrolia has the same distance between the both pairs of holes in the toe piece (is a rectangle). Deadbolt not (just an isosceles trapezoid).
    Heel piece looks similar, but Deadbolt have an additional 5th hole.
    The old 4FRNT bindings were VIST. As of 2 or 3 years ago they are Tyrolia/Head.

Quote Originally Posted by TCK View Post
    The old 4FRNT bindings were VIST. As of 2 or 3 years ago they are Tyrolia/Head.
    So BATI and I were both right? Good to know.

I updated the Salomon jig based on a pair of 997 equipe bindings I fished out of my archive that requires the brakes to be mounted into a hole in the ski (which is NOT the traditional 5th hole). So I added that to the template, and people can ignore it as needed.

Couple things:

- thank you very much for this thread. I mounted my EHPs without incident. Only took 3 hours and 3 test mounts to ensure I wouldn't mess up brand new skis.

- I'm trying to mount some 12 DIN rossis. I think they are the SAS120 or something like that. The mount pattern looks to match the px racing template. It certainly isn't the axial2 pattern. Can anyone confirm this?

- I can't seem to get the print scaling right. It seems I need to scale to 99.5%, but neither my home or work printers can do the job. 100% and 99% are both off by a mm or so. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks in advance

While this is alive and being bumped let me say I recently used the sally template for 14 din
    997s. Didn't need the brake hole and all good!

Also are barons the same pattern as dukes? Can anyone verify the duke template works for barons too??

Quote Originally Posted by Fejj View Post
    - I can't seem to get the print scaling right. It seems I need to scale to 99.5%, but neither my home or work printers can do the job. 100% and 99% are both off by a mm or so. Does anyone have any tips?
    Are the holes actually in the wrong place, or is the scale on the side of the template off by 1mm?

If its just the scale that's off, you're probably fine; 1mm off on the scale isn't going to make much of a difference on where the holes are.

Otherwise, maybe try a combination of printing it at <100% and then copying it and enlarging it?

my low end hp printer only scales to the integer percent, which is a pain in the ass. I found that my mounts work out quite well even if I'm off by a half a percent.

I can confirm 100% that barons have the same mounting pattern as dukes.

Yup. Just make sure you're using the correct size (SM or LG)

Perfect! You may want to add that to the first page for future reference. I'm sure it's been mentioned before but the template just says Dukes, which is why I asked. Thanks for all the good work!

Thanks again for this thread!! So far I have used the Look, Duke, and now the Dynafit templates. It's to the point where I trust my own mounts more than taking them to a shop. The dynafit mount is more acurate than the one I had done at the shop.

duke/barron templates

Did a dry run with the duke template on a 2x4 for my barrons. Seems to have worked out well. THANKS for the info.
    Last edited by mtbcat; 10-01-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: sp

So I'm about to mount these Barons, but I'm a little confused looking at the template.

The way I understood it these are adjustable to multiple BSL's within the small range without having to re-mount...

That said I was assuming that they would mount like a demo binding with one standard hole placement regardless of boot size. Then I looked at the template and see that it has BSL center mark numbers on it like any standard binding, so what gives?

Looks like increasing BSL moves the toe AND HEEL screws forward rather than the toe forward and heel back like I would have thought? My BSL is 290 but it seems like I'm going to have to mount these at about 305 or 310 in order to get the center line I want and avoid some old holes that I would be too close too at 290.

That shouldn't be a problem right??

The way I understood it these are adjustable to multiple BSL's within the small range without having to re-mount
    I'm assuming the Barons are the same as Dukes in this answer....You can adjust length at the heel. The toe does not move fore and aft to adjust for BSL, just the heel. If you are adjusting from a 295 BSL to a 320 BSL, then your BSL will naturally move back with the larger boot given that the toe stays in the same spot. I have a feeling that i'm misreading your question though.......??

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    I'm assuming the Barons are the same as Dukes in this answer....You can adjust length at the heel. The toe does not move fore and aft to adjust for BSL, just the heel. If you are adjusting from a 295 BSL to a 320 BSL, then your BSL will naturally move back with the larger boot given that the toe stays in the same spot. I have a feeling that i'm misreading your question though.......??
    Honestly I'm looking at these templates and am at a point now where I don't understand my question either...

So the BSL lines on the Duke template are basically for placing the toepiece in the right spot compared to the center line but the distance from toe to heel is the same no matter what the BSL?

Seems like this means I'm screwed if I want to mount to a center line where the toe interferes with old holes, huh? If I increase the BSL all I will be doing is pushing the toe forward and then when I adjust the heel to my boots the center will be forward from my mark... does that sound right?

A little tipsy at this point and still trying to wrap my head around this project, hope I was clear enough!

and BTW for the mounting guru's, it's 1cm from center to center that holes need to be spaced from each other, right??

Quote Originally Posted by Fejj View Post
    Couple things:

- thank you very much for this thread. I mounted my EHPs without incident. Only took 3 hours and 3 test mounts to ensure I wouldn't mess up brand new skis.

- I'm trying to mount some 12 DIN rossis. I think they are the SAS120 or something like that. The mount pattern looks to match the px racing template. It certainly isn't the axial2 pattern. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance
    Not personal experience, but I asked the NA rossi tech this question and he said they were the racing mount. Also the tech manual indicates they are the racing mount.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    So the BSL lines on the Duke template are basically for placing the toepiece in the right spot compared to the center line but the distance from toe to heel is the same no matter what the BSL?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Not personal experience, but I asked the NA rossi tech this question and he said they were the racing mount. Also the tech manual indicates they are the racing mount.
    Thanks. The hole pattern is definitely right. A 2x4 mount seems to indicate that I need to move the heel forward a bit though. Otherwise I can't get the forward pressure right without running out of track. Putting the template on the skis the bindings came off of would indicate the same. I'm going to investigate further tomorrow.

I got the printer scaling issue figured out. Replacing the color ink cartridge did the trick.