Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Easiest thing to do is mount it on a 2x4. Measure the distance from the toe piece holes to the mid sole on the boot, because that won't change. Then just adjust the distance the heel piece is from the midsole mark so it's centered in its adjustment range. Takes 20 minutes if you're being particular about it

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I tried to get on your website but it always times out and I can not get to it.
    Sorry to hear that!
    Unfortunately, it's not my website. I'm just a forum moderator there. But I forwarded the note of your trouble.
    However, it currently works fine for me. Maybe just try again on occasion.

will do
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Easiest thing to do is mount it on a 2x4. Measure the distance from the toe piece holes to the mid sole on the boot, because that won't change. Then just adjust the distance the heel piece is from the midsole mark so it's centered in its adjustment range. Takes 20 minutes if you're being particular about it
    Yep. I did a rough mount on a piece of wood before posting about the midsole discrepancy. Will do a more precise mount on an old ski then a final test with the corrected position before drilling my real skis, and will post my findings about the template adjustment.

So I just did a better Kingpin test mount using the template from post #909 for a Vulcan 304mm, on an old ski and taking my time more. Print scaling and boot midsole line were double-checked before I started, all good. I moved the templates 9mm back on the ski, both toe and heel, and the boot midsole mark lined up to my line on the ski this time. The heel is definitely out though - the track can adjust safely 6.5mm smaller and 19mm bigger, so the heel is mounted 6.25mm too far back (assuming that you want the heel in the middle of the track).

So for the midsole centred and the heel in the middle of the track, assume that the template's 302mm is true, adjust toe & heel to your actual boot length, then position the toe template another 9mm towards the tail of the ski and heel template another 2.75mm towards the tail of the ski.

(The above paragraphs have now been edited to improve clarity, and my maths was previously incorrect for the adjustments).

I have old holes to dodge and might be able to reuse the rear heel holes, plus want to be able to accommodate a 315mm WTR sole in the future, so I’ll figure all of that out when I take the Plums off and see how the old holes lie.
    Last edited by LC; 10-31-2015 at 05:42 AM.

Just to get this straight: by - you mean further towards the tail and by + further towards the tip of the ski?

I'm asking because I find this very confusing. If a BSL midline position is e.g. 102cm from the tip, then +9mm leads to a position further back, resulting in 102.9 cm.
    Even less sense does this use of +/- make, when talking about the heel position in the track.
    If you have it mounted for 304mm and can go back (towards the tail, I.e. increase the BSL) 6.5mm while you can move it forward 19 mm, then you can fit in BSLs from 285 (304 -(!) 19) to 310.5 (304 +(!) 6.5).

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    I'm asking because I find this very confusing.
    Yeah I re-read it. My +/- had confused things, plus my maths was off. I'll edit my previous post now.

To put it simply, the standard template puts the toe 9mm too far forward on the ski and the heel 2.75mm too far forward on the ski, assuming that you want the heelpiece in the middle of the track.

I don't have a printer here so I'm working with the standard templates I printed while visiting my parents and just moving those on the ski, but I'll make a corrected version of the template anyway for someone to verify.
    Last edited by LC; 10-31-2015 at 05:47 AM.

Cheers, mate

So, this is correct, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    The heel is definitely out though - the track can adjust safely 6.5mm smaller and 19mm bigger, so the heel is mounted 6.25mm too far [s]back[/s] forward (assuming that you want the heel in the middle of the track).
    Sorry to be so nitpicky on this, but I am normally craving for any input I can get to improve my templates for accurancy. And although you used another template and thus I'm a bit highjacking here, I'm still garteful for the input as I think that precise templates is all we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    So, this is correct, then?
    The heel is definitely out though - the track can adjust safely 6.5mm smaller and 19mm bigger, so the heel is mounted 6.25mm too far forward (assuming that you want the heel in the middle of the track).
    No, I'm right . I think. I had to think about this myself and got a bit confused with it. Even writing the paragraph below confused me a bit again but I'm sure this is it.

After mounting for my 304mm boot from the stock template the heel could adjust 6.5mm smaller and 19mm bigger on the track. So it would adjust to 297.5-323mm. If my aim was to have the heel in the middle of the track then I would want 12.75mm adjustment each way from 304mm, so a 291.75-316.75mm range would be my goal. Therefore the stock template gives you a mount for a larger boot than you desire, ie. the heel is too far back relative to the toe, and should be moved 6.25mm forward relative to the toe to compensate. All this after moving both toe and heel 9mm back from the stock positions, so the net result is that the toe should be moved 9mm back and heel should be moved 2.75mm back. This makes sense in my head anyway!

I'll draw up a more accurate template soon. Someone should verify it because like I said I don't have a printer and am just using the original templates I have already printed but compensating their positions. I'm pretty sure my measurements are accurate but those should be checked too from someone on a test mount. Knut if you want to improve your own template based on the one I make then sure go ahead. Likewise if anyone wants to rework it into the same style as the others on the first post of this thread after it is verified, no problem.

Got ya. Thanks.

Obviously, it was me that got it wrong this time.

Updated Marker Kingpin templates

Toe: http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/11/0...lc-2015-r1.pdf
    Heel: http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/11/0...lc-2015-r1.pdf

Notes: These templates are based on the original Kingpin template posted earlier in this thread, adjusted to place the midsole correctly and position the heel in the middle of its track (heel can adjust 12.75mm larger or smaller). I have no printer at my current location so these should be verified by someone. Layout has been copied without permission from Jondrums' templates on page 1 of this thread; he has no association with these templates (let me know if you have a problem with this). If anyone wants to improve these templates after checking them or change the layout, be my guest.

Post SQUIRE 11 DEMO PAPER TEMPLATE

Dear,
    I need a mounting template of SQUIRE 11 DEMO WE CAN HELP ME?

THANKS
    jORDI

The squire demo has the same mount pattern than the jester demo/schizo. Which is actually just one hole more than the normal jester/griffon/squire.

You can find the template for all those bindings here: http://www.powderguide.com/community...montieren.html
    It's named "Marker Jester, Griffon, Squire, Lord (inkl. Demo&Schizo)"

But it's not really binding mounting weather in Catalunya now, is it?

Anyone have a Vipec template?

I have no printer at my current location so these should be verified by someone.
    will do in a couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Anyone have a Vipec template?
    You'll find a non verified one in the link above your post.
    Non verified meaning I just know of one single successful mount. I'm pretty sure the template's correct, but proceed with caution.

Does this help?:

35mm pin line to rear toe holes & 42mm from heel post to rear holes.

Edit:
    For 306mm BSL of Maestrale RS in Jigarex
    Tech pin line to heel post=292mm with pin to BSC=~140m & BSC to heel post=~152mm
    Last edited by Alpinord; 11-04-2015 at 04:24 PM.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Upon a further look (since it's been snowing all day and sloppy outside) after printing the template and splicing it for the 306 BSL, I found a couple minor discrepancies between the template and Jigarex plates. I aligned the Jigarex over the template and BSL and put SVST hole punch in all of the holes. Fore and aft binding adjustment capabilities can account for any discrepancies in that direction. I'm pretty sure the plates have been around for quite a while, well vetted and I'm not aware of any issues.

The rear unit hole to hole dimension measures 60mm (looks like your dimension line was shortened to 52.5mm or a typo, template measures 57.5mm). The front Unit measures 66mm. Lateral between the holes, the dimensions match. The pin line to front toe unit holes matches at 20mm.

If the Jigarex was lower as on a ski, the punch tips would be closer to dead on vs the very slight 'play' between the bushings and the hole punches.

Toe Unit:

Heel Unit:

Last edited by Alpinord; 11-04-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Anyone have a paper template for a Fritschi Scout 11? Search has yielded squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Phirley View Post
    Anyone have a paper template for a Fritschi Scout 11? Search has yielded squat.
    Did you try a test mount a 2x4 with the standard Fritschi frame template that's on the front page of this thread? Fritschi has tended to use the same pattern for their frame line for some time now, so it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Did you try a test mount a 2x4 with the standard Fritschi frame template that's on the front page of this thread? Fritschi has tended to use the same pattern for their frame line for some time now, so it's worth a try.
    I have a Freeride jig. The heel is the same but the toe on the Scout is very different. Closer in shape to a Naxo toe but farther apart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446946235.594212.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	171403

Fritschi Scout 11

can someone help me find the correct template for look pivot 14?

the one i found did not match up properly (yes, it was printed at the correct scale)

Binding Mount Paper Templates

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    can someone help me find the correct template for look pivot 14?

the one i found did not match up properly (yes, it was printed at the correct scale)
    The toe pattern seemed correct.

Two rear screw impressions for the heel not even close, tho the front two holes of the heel seem to be spaced correctly
    Attachment 171440Attachment 171441