Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey de Haas View Post
    Does anyone have a template for a salomon alpine demo binding? Have been looking everywhere for them. I'm mounting an Atomic FFG 14 Demo.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by TransplantedFromRMNP View Post
    Yeah I have used the search function and still can't find what I need.
    Solly 810 Ti demos. Bindings are probably 07ish. Any advice mags?
    Here's what you do after reading the mount your own skis thread:

1)Open and drink beer
    2)Stencil the hole pattern onto a sheet of paper.
    3)Do some measuring.
    4)Mount your bindings.
    5)Post pics of the finished product.

Step one is the most important. Good luck and mount your own fucking skis.

or you:

1)Open and drink beer*
    2)Consult powderguide.com for a template.
    3)Mount your bindings.
    4)Post pics of the finished product.

Still, step one remains of vital, utmost importance.

(* with exceptions and only upon senior maggot advice, alternative alcoholic beverages can be used for replacement)

Here is the link to all my templates: http://www.powderguide.com/community...montieren.html

You'll find under Salomon the Salomon Rental SC. As I only am aware of one mounting pattern for Solly rentals, I'd assume this is the one you need.
    However, the use of the template isn't fully straight forward, when the intention of mounting a rental binding is to be able to change the midsole position for one given BSL. Unfortunately it's a few years since I made that template and mounted the bindings and I didn't note down the toe/heel edge position for the binding when it's set in the middle of the adjustment range.
    If you want to use it for it's purpose, i.e. to be able to adjust for different BSL's, then you're golden, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    Here is the link to all my templates: http://www.powderguide.com/community...montieren.html

You'll find under Salomon the Salomon Rental SC. As I only am aware of one mounting pattern for Solly rentals, I'd assume this is the one you need.
    NICE! That should be the mounting template needed for Salomon Demo / Rental bindings. It's worth noting that over years Salomon has made a few bindings with the Quadrax toe and the Rental Heel. In that case, someone would need to combine heel pattern from the Demo template with the standard Salomon retail binding template listed on page 1 of this thread.

Sweeet!!! Thanks a lot for the template! I endend up combining the normal toe with the demo heel. Turned out perfect! Thanks again!!!

Happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    NICE! That should be the mounting template needed for Salomon Demo / Rental bindings. It's worth noting that over years Salomon has made a few bindings with the Quadrax toe and the Rental Heel. In that case, someone would need to combine heel pattern from the Demo template with the standard Salomon retail binding template listed on page 1 of this thread.
    Good to know. I'll have a look whether the 2nd pattern can be included into the template. Thanks or the info.

Maybe I have just not stumbled on it but is there a heel template for the Salomon STH 2 WTR 13? The templates I have found the screw holes are not wide enough. Any help?

Check out the link 4 posts above yours. The Salomon STH2 template listed on that page should be what you're looking for.

Here's a drawing of the Salomon 900-series & STH-Driver pattern. It's not a template, just precise measurements that have been used on a vertical mill many times, with perfect results in metal, wood and skis.

http://phototurbo.com/ski/salomon-st...ll-pattern.jpg

EDIT: Made some slight adjustments to the heel measurements Nov 2015.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 11-21-2015 at 10:28 PM.

I've been meaning to post my templates for sth2 for a while. I'll try to monday

Ima fixing to mount some Rossi Axial 3s for a friend on her killer STP deal skis. Anyone have a reason not to use the the Axial 2 template? Or a caution about that? Seems to line up at first glance.

I'd be surprised if the hole pattern would vary just slightly. A binding manufacturer would nromally be well advised to keep a pattern (all retail partners with jigs will be grateful), or change it substantially, so that mix-ups and failed mounts are less likely.
    Rossi should be long enough in the game to know that and therefore I'd say: if it lines up, it's the right pattern.

But test-mounting on a piece of wood first has never done any harm.

Just my 2-pence

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Ima fixing to mount some Rossi Axial 3s for a friend on her killer STP deal skis. Anyone have a reason not to use the the Axial 2 template? Or a caution about that? Seems to line up at first glance.
    Following up my own post to say that the Axial 2 template linked above works perfectly for the Axial 3.

A pleasant afternoon's work knocking out a couple of those STP summer deals - one for me, one for a friend:

just in case i'm too high to get it right: for the kingpin template for 302 BSL I should just add 9.5 mm in front and behind midsole line to get 321 BSL. right?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for the paper template for Kingpin, I have scanned the thread but could not locate.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by boboxx View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for the paper template for Kingpin, I have scanned the thread but could not locate.

Thanks!
    Check out Wildsnow.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Sweet thanks Alpinord!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post

It probably sounds obvious since you'll have the bindings in hand, but that 5th (center) hole goes to the heel piece. That template is correct, but could be misinterpreted.
    JigaRex Universal Ski Mounting Jig

Checkout here under Marker/Kingpin: http://www.powderguide.com/community...tx_mmforum_pi1[pid]=seite#pid7410

is there a vipec template any where or even any pertinent mounting instructions, its for a friend
    watch out for snakes

Those are really nice template Knut!

Edit: Knut looking at the template it looks like the toe hole pattern is off, the width should be 38mm but they are actually 36mm a part.

Checkout here under Marker/Kingpin
    Last edited by boboxx; 10-23-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Anyone interested in putting some holes in a 2x4 to test a template? I put together a Beast 14 one for my 330 bsl and threw a scale on there to adjust it for smaller boots, but don't have anything < 28.5 with which to test.. Shoot me a pm if interested!
    Last edited by Roundabout; 10-27-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    is there a vipec template any where or even any pertinent mounting instructions, its for a friend
    Under the same link mentioned above you'll find my vipec template. But please use with caution, it hasn't been verified by a second successful mount yet.

Those are really nice template Knut!
    Cheers, mate!

Edit: Knut looking at the template it looks like the toe hole pattern is off, the width should be 38mm but they are actually 36mm a part.
    Very good catch and what a horrible mistake. Seems that during editing something went wrong and it wasn't the final file version that got saved. Fixed now & new version uploaded. Thanks a ton for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy View Post
    Help me out here - is this specifically for a 302mm BSL? Otherwise I don't understand how the BSL to mid-point relationship works here.

Anyone use this to mount their Kingpins? Or, can anyone that has mounted a pair of them tell the collective how it goes?

Apparently the only thing more rare than a Kingpin this year is a friggin jig.
    (Template on post #909).

I just did a quick test mount on a piece of wood and I'm not sure that it is 302mm. My boots are 304mm and I adjusted toe and heel templates 1mm each (definitely moved them the correct directions) and my midsole ended up at +9mm. I also double-checked the measurement of the line on my boot and it's correct.

Also the template put the heel about 1/3 of the way into the track (can go 10 clicks smaller and 17 clicks bigger so about -9/+16mm). Some Salomon bindings are meant to end up like that so maybe that's how the Kingpin is meant to be too but I want to figure that out so that I know I can fit a 315mm boot in there in the future and also leave a little extra adjustment at each end (sounds good how I described, but I'll double check).

I did do it quickly but pretty sure I positioned everything correctly so +9mm is unexpected. My print scaling is definitely correct. It was pretty soft wood I did this on and the middle heel screws were pulling out, so I'll do a better practice on an old ski soon. Anyone else tried with this template?

EDIT: I just overlayed Knut's template with this one and if Knut's BSL scale is correct then this template is for a 300mm BSL. Still doesn't explain my +9mm. Hmm.
    Last edited by LC; 10-26-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    EDIT: I just overlayed Knut's template with this one and if Knut's BSL scale is correct then this template is for a 300mm BSL. Still doesn't explain my +9mm. Hmm.
    Finding the Midsole or actually determining exactly the distance between the holes and the sole stop is always the hardest thing of making a template. So it's easily happening that when measuring the binding, the midsole position is only within <1cm precise, as is the heel unit position and with it adjustment range.
    I am happy to adjust the template accordingly, if there's a consensus that the toe is mounted too much forward.

My mounting method anyway differs a bit: I generally put the boot on the desired position onto the ski and then place the templates in such a way that toe and heel edge of the template align with the boot and fix them with tape.
    Placing the Binding (at least the front unit) onto the template by aligning the holes and then putting the boot in gives generally a very good idea if the mount will be spot on ( I personally don't give a rat's fart if the midsole is a few mm off). Then I drill through the template and ski directly. I don't measure anything, actually, when mounting.

Under the same link mentioned above you'll find my vipec template. But please use with caution, it hasn't been verified by a second successful mount yet.

Cheers, mate!

Very good catch and what a horrible mistake. Seems that during editing something went wrong and it wasn't the final file version that got saved. Fixed now & new version uploaded. Thanks a ton for pointing that out.
    I tried to get on your website but it always times out and I can not get to it.
    watch out for snakes